PDA

View Full Version : Late October wedding

vikivoly
06-25-2004, 12:42 AM
I know it's way early yet, but DH's niece is getting married at the end of October. DD, although not in the wedding, will be an important part since his family is very small and I'm looking for a special occasion dress. But, what style for an October wedding? Most of the fancier dresses are either Springy or Holiday. I don't want it to look like a Christmas dress. Which way should I go? I'm thinking if I don't want a holiday dress, I probably should shop now, because come October that is all that will be available. What do you think is appropriate? Would short sleeves be ok? We live in a cold climate. Will an Easter dress look silly in the Fall?

stillplayswithbarbies
06-25-2004, 10:50 AM
I think the fall dresses should be out by then. Logan had a beautiful April Cornell dress for Thanksgiving last year that wasn't holiday themed at all. I'm pretty sure I bought it in early October. (at the outlet)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8263.jpg

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

vikivoly
06-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Oh how beautiful! I love fall colors, but they never seem to have too great of a selection for babies and toddlers. Hopefully I'll be able to find something similar.