PDA

View Full Version : EH purse for a baby?

DeeEast
06-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Ok, I already know I've lost it but I found another Gymboree that has the knit beret in the size I want and they are holding it for me until tomorrow so I can exchange it.

While I am there, I am tempted to get either the Jet Set purse or the Poodle purse for Sophia. She's only 10.5 months old. Yes I know this is ridiculous. The question is, HOW ridiculous? lol

Should I even be considering this? Will these things have good resale value even if she plays with them? I can't decide between the two. I also can't decide to get them now just to be safe in case they are out during redemption or just wait until redemption and take a chance since its such an obviously frivolous purchase in the first place...

Any thoughts fellow fanatics?

kthomp
06-25-2004, 09:33 PM
I was thinking about getting one for Ally, too! But mostly I wanted it for me! :-)
I read some posts on the Gymbohaven forum about how the jet set purse is hard to open and not too well made. And a few people mentioned that it was also very heavy and big, so I think the poodle purse is probably a better idea if it's for your DD.

I don't really know about the resale value, but to take a guess I'd probably think the jet set purse would be worth more. There are pleanty of the poodle bags in my Gymbo- so I think you'll probably be okay and they'll still be around for redemption! HTH!

Pipersmamma
06-26-2004, 01:34 PM
I got the poodle purse for my 13 mos old. She has just learned to say "dog" and she pointed to the purse and exclaimed "dog!" as we walked into the store so I knew I had to get it for her :) For now it's just like any other stuffed animal she carries around and loves, but I know as she gets older and discovers she can put stuff inside (albeit not much!)she'll like it even more. I think it's a more practical purse purchase for a little one since it does double as an animal friend.