PDA

View Full Version : How do you know sizes for next summer?

DeeEast
06-26-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm going to a Tier 1 store today (whoo-hoo!) and I may buy some clearance stuff since I'll probably buy all EH stuff with my Gymbucks. If I buy things for next year, how do I know what size to buy? I bought 18-24 for the winter and/or spring. She's very long for her age right now, 29-30 inches and almost between 19.5 and 20 pounds at 10.5 months. She's cruising so I assume she'll start walking before too much longer and I understand she may thin out a little when she gets more active (although she's fairly thin now for her length). Does 2T sound right?

Pipersmamma
06-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Denise-
It's tricky to guess ahead- but since my DD has stayed on the same percentiles for height and weight pretty much since birth, I use them as a guide as to where she'll be in seasons to come. My 13 mos old is almost 20lbs (25%) and 29in.(50%). The percentile growth charts say she'll only gain 4lbs in the next year! She's in 12-18 Gymbo with room for growth now and I'm buying 18-24 for next summer. Our ped. says that if they have been on a steady perecntile growth trend there is little reason that their growth pattern will stray. But it's still all a guess!

macassi
06-26-2004, 08:24 PM
It is much easier to guess when they get older. They usually stay in 2T for 9 months to a year and stay in each subsequent size for about a year, so you have much more room to manuever. If you're worried about 2T fitting, you can always go with 3T and if it doesn't fix next summer, it is guarranteed to fit the following summer!