PDA

View Full Version : Gymbo Jackets - Do they run big?

jakobsmommie
06-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Okay - I bought the Folk Song Jacket when it was gymbucks redemption last time. They were on sale already and got a pretty good deal, but they only had size 3-6 months.

My DD was born 4/6 and all the winter things I am buying are more like 6-9 or 6-12 months. I'm worried that this jacket is going to be too small. I'm not sure if I should return it, or if I should be buying things to go with it. UGH!

DS is long and skinny and wore pretty much the sizes of his age group, with the exception of pants.

DD is growing pretty well, she's in the 75th percentile for nearly all her measurements. The doctor told me she's doing so well, she could even skip her late night feeding! LOL
So this also makes me wonder, should I be looking more at the 6-12 month sizes for jackets.

Something is telling me yes, but I need to hear it from someone else.
What do you all think?

The other alternative is to keep it AND buy another jacket for when she grows out of the other.
BTW - she's still wearing 0-3 month items - she'll be 3 months 7/6

Imperia
06-26-2004, 02:50 PM
I have a "Snow Angels" jacket and it's MASSIVE. I mean huge...it's 0-6 months and I am pretty sure it will fit my DD this winter, when she is almost a year old, however, my DD is quite petite. I tried it on her the other day (she was about 4 and a half months old) and it looked 2 sizes too big , at least. I don't know about the exact jacket you are refering to though.

Imperia

emmiem
06-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Every jacket runs different. We have the 3 in 1 jacket and that ran big. The corduroy jacket from folk song was tiny. It just depends on the fabric and cut.
Michele

jakobsmommie
06-27-2004, 08:38 AM
This is the one I have now in a 3-6 month size.

http://gymbohaven.com/August106.jpg

A fellow loopie is selling a hat that would match perfect, but I'm not sure if I should buy it since this may be too small for her by the time she needs it.

Anybody have this jacket?

emmiem
06-27-2004, 12:07 PM
We have this jacket. Isn't it the 3 in 1 style? I hardly used the outer layer and wore just the fleece inside. We live in KY so it does not get real cold for too long. My DD is thin and small and I think it ran pretty true to size if not slightly big. The hats sometimes run small but I guess it would depend on your child's head circumference. I loved that coat.
Michele

kransden
06-28-2004, 02:20 PM
DD had it in the 12-18 month size. She is in the 90% percentile and it ran very true to size for her. BTW we loved it! It was nice to be able to layer her as necessary.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

jakobsmommie
06-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone!

I've decided to keep it and bought a matching hat from a fellow loopie.

I figure if she outgrows it before we need it, I'll still be able to return it.

I think we'll be okay.

I LOVE the 3 in 1 jackets!! I always get them for my DS - of course this year I couldn't find his size (3T) So I got the warmest jacket from Gap for him, but something tells me that I will end up NOT using that one and buying a 3T 3 in 1 from Gymboree.

THANKS AGAIN!