PDA

View Full Version : Help with sizing for next summer

June Mommy
06-26-2004, 04:54 PM
I am thinking of buying a few things ahead for next summer right now when everything on sale. This may be a bad idea, seeing as how my baby is not even born yet (but he is 4 days overdue!) Anyway, would it be better to buy 12 M or 18 M sizes for a baby boy due now for next summer? We live in the south so it is warm from around April or May until at least September. I'm figuring he will turn 1 right in the middle of the summer, but I'm still wondering if I should go ahead and get 18 month sizes just in case. Any thoughts?

iluvmy2boys
06-26-2004, 06:22 PM
I would get the 18month size .... unless your baby is super petite, it should fit SOMETIME next summer.

good luck!

JElaineB
06-26-2004, 08:54 PM
I would agree with getting 18 month sizes. DS is on the small side and even he started wearing 18 month sizes around his first birthday.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Imperia
06-27-2004, 03:01 AM
Be careful doing this, unless you don't mind reselling or giving clothes away if they do not fit. I bought ahead when I was pregnant and now I am having to trade and/or sell a lot of it because my DD is petite. She is 5 months old and still wearing 0-3! I had a lot of 12-18 months for this coming winter and it will never, ever fit =(
If you are buying it deeply discounted you probbaly won't mind, and it's easier to buy ahead in the summer because the legnth of sleeves and legs doesn't matter as much if you buy short sleeves and shorts.

Imperia