PDA

View Full Version : Daisy Dumpling Poplin Dress & Capris (Naartjie)

grenicali
06-26-2004, 06:28 PM
What capris would you pair with this dress - does anyone have it? I've never paired capris with a dress and I'm not very familiar with Naartjie! Anyone have pictures of this dress? The Daisy Dumpling Poplin Capris, Daisy Dumpling Capris, or a solid color knit capri? I have no idea if you have a poplin dress, should the capris be poplin or doesn't it matter?

heidi_timms
06-26-2004, 06:54 PM
I have this set and it's just darling! It's the arctic color, which is a dark periwinkle. We have the poplin dress with the poplin capris. We do have a matching knit shirt to go with the capris, but the knit is slightly darker when they dye the fabric. Just barely though-it's almost not noticeable. I think that they had a knit dress available in this line as well, so if the knit capris were available, it would match better with the knit capris.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-26-2004, 06:56 PM
I like to pair poplin with poplin, I think it looks dressier. But I just looked in our closet and two of our poplin dresses have non-poplin capris! So I guess I don't really have a preference. :)

At this point you may have to choose whichever is in stock in the right color.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Imperia
06-27-2004, 03:11 AM
If you follow this link:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=24270&mode=full&page=3

you will see some (bad) pictures of naartjie outfits I posted (mostly to show the colours).

The first dress (white with magenta--white warm) is a daisy dumpling poplin dress--this is the one from the newborn line though. I also have a ray (yellow) one not pictured from baby girl which is the three tiered one I am guessing you are talking about. As for bottoms:

you can pair it with a lot of things:

-striped capris (like the ray or artic ones pictured)
-daisy dumpling poplin capris (I have these somewhere but they are not pcitured) they have ribbon trim.
-linen loom capris (if you can find the right colour these are solid without a print, I have them in ray to go with my ray daisy dumpling dress)
-Poplin Fancy pants-solid coloured poplin capris with ribbon trim
-also in picture #2 there are some daisy dumpling knit capris. Those are newborn but I think there was something similar in baby girl.

Ask the SAs they can help you find a good match.

Imperia