PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Naartjie Fall Trans line--Clot and description of new colours

Imperia
06-27-2004, 03:29 AM
Hi everyone!

I am so lucky! Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary so my DH surprised me today with a trip to Arden Fair in Sacramento (which is a couple of hours away). He took me to April Cornell to get a few things for myself and then to Naartjie to pick out more things for myself....oh, I mean for Maddy.

I got to see the new colours in person and they are VERY different, in my opinion, from what you see on the website.

I thought I would love Seawash: it looks a lot like Dew on the website, but it's MUCH darker/brighter. It's pretty much turquoise, so I didn't really care for it.

Pop is VERY red, pretty, but it makes a statement.

Flutter is much more orangey than the apricot it looks online.

Raspberry is sort of magenta-ish. I was "eh" about it.

Rosie looks a lot like it does online--very pretty normal "pink".

My hands down favourite was "Clot" yes the name is weird (I think it's supposed to refer to "clotted cream" which is a british spread for scones etc). Clot is a beautiful ivory cream shade with royal blue and periwinkle accents. The pairing is just fantastic. The striped pants (in baby girl have the boho floral trim) and the striped pants are cream, royal blue, periwinkle and teal).

I was trying not to stock up on dresses because Maddy should be crawling soonish--but I did get two: the Boho Flower dress in Clot and ribbon treatment dress in fresh (I love this so much I could cry!) I should have purchased teh striped hoodie dress too but I didn't! I also purchased a floral sleeved top in Clot and the striped pants, so I could mix and match. They were out of teh floral boho pants in a 3-6, *sigh*

I found a bunch of great deals on clearance, a ton of Fresh items which made me so happy, some Dew Indian Striped pants, and soem really cute small stamp rose tees that were only about $4.00 apiece!

I got a huge pile of things for only $100 and 3 of the items weren't even on sale, so I think I did pretty well.

Here are some pictures of Maddy in her BoHo stuff. She was very tired so they aren't the best, but I wanted you guys to see it!

I don't think the pictures show the pants so well. y ou can't see it but they have a teal small stripe in there. I fanyone is considering these I could take a close up if you want. Just let me know.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8352.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8353.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8354.jpg

Imperia

heidi_timms
06-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Oooh, the new stuff looks so cute on! Maddy's such a good model. I still have to get Kailey to play fashion show for me.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Imperia
06-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Thanks!

Can you see the teething drool, hehe.

Sorry about the phone earlier, it died on me. I'll give you a call during the week!

Imperia

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-27-2004, 06:25 AM
Oh #&@%! (Yes, that's an explicative.)

You got me, Imperia. You got me. I adore that outfit! Maddy looks so adorable in it. I'm a huge fan of blues as well and now I must have it. I'm still going to hold off on ordering anything till I see some more "models" here of the new stuff, but that outfit is going on my wish-list.

Happy Anniversary!!

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Okay, she has the same pants on in all 3 pics, but what are the names of the 3 tops? The first looks like the dress. The second is obviously long sleeved and the third is short-sleeved. Also, let's see a pic of this ribbon treatment dress!!

riostoker
06-27-2004, 07:49 AM
I debated long and hard between clot and seawash when I placed my order, and I ended up choosing seawash. Of course, now you have me wishing I had gotten clot! I'll post pics of the seawash outfit when it arrives. I think I got solid colored capris and a stripe/flowered top. I love the dress! I may have to get that in my next order!

ann

parkersmama
06-27-2004, 08:26 AM
I think the first two pics both show the dress with striped pants. The third pic is the pants with the Boho Flower Sleeve Top.

Imperia...they are beautiful!! I do love the clot color but ended up ordering pop instead. I love blue on Amy Grace but cream is just so-so to me for her. I ordered the denim pinnie, the pop 3/4 sleeve Boho top, and the pop Boho striped pants. I'll post pics when they arrive.

And Maddy is such a darling model. In that 2nd pic I just want to nibble on those sweet toesies. :) That's not illegal is it?? ;)

Truska
06-27-2004, 09:19 AM
Thank you for posting those! I love the blue and cream! She's adorable!

stacyleigh
06-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the color discriptions!! and posting those adorable pics! Maddy is sooo sweet!

I haven't ordered any fall stuff yet....I am trying to wait a few months to see how Lucy is doing with crawling/walking. I much prefer to buy dresses if possible! ;) I will be adding that outfit to my list!

Imperia
06-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Awwwwwww, thanks! She was trying desperately to roll on to her tummy and crawl away the whole time. She can sort of scoot now if you put her on her tummy :o ! And she wants to be on her tummy all the time.

My DH Was very eh on the "pop" colour which was weird because he loves Maddy in red (it's a good colour for her)...maybe it was just the combo, not sure. I liked it in the hoodie dress though, it was pretty cute. definately fall feeling. Pairing it with the denim pinnie is sure to be cute. I definately want to see pictures when it arrives, when did you order it?

I am kicking myself for not getting that hoodie dress in Clot.

Oh not at all! I Fit was I would have been arrested long ago. She loves it when you kiss her toes; she giggles and squeals.

Imperia

Imperia
06-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Yep Denise got it.

It's the BoHo floral dress. This was my pick of the whole line. It's heavier cotton knit than their summer things.

BoHo striped pants

Boho Floral Sleeved Tee (this is about 1,000 times cuter in real life). My DH loved it.

He he you want to see a pic of teh ribbon treatment dress huh? Okay, later I will take some, but it's still big on mmy peanut.

Imperia

Imperia
06-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Seawash was a nice colour, if you like turquoise. I just don't think it's a great colour for Maddy--brights are not really flattering on her because she is so fair.

Imperia

Imperia
06-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks, I like the blue and cream too. Quite a different look than their summer stuff.

Imperia

Imperia
06-27-2004, 01:57 PM
I much prefer dresses myself, and I will still probably put Maddy in them when I am taking her around town, but when she is home and has her "free time" I am going to be putting her in pants because she is already scooting around on her tummy now *sigh* growing up so fast!

The floral dress is just TDF.

Imperia

lmladuke
06-27-2004, 02:42 PM
OMG so sweet - I LOVE the pants! Meanwhile, can I say how impressed I am by your DH for taking you shopping for both you and Maddy? My DH buys me lovely gifts - beautiful jewelry, but I drop on the floor if we drove somewhere just so I could go shopping!! Way to go DH!

Lori

suribear
06-27-2004, 04:15 PM
She looks adorable - I like the fall stuff better than anything I've seen before at Naartjie. I will have to go check it out soon :) Looks like I might be making my first Naartjie purchase this season.

Kris

khakismom
06-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Imperia, I love the pictures. Maddy is such a doll baby and looks beautiful in her new Naartjie!!

I really like the clot color--and it looks awesome on Maddy. I got my seawash stuff on Friday--boho floral dress with the striped boho capris, all in seawash (just for Kathleen). I really like the blue. And you're right, it's a very bright turquoise. But I love that color on the girls because it really makes their blue eyes pop.

I may have to get a few pieces in clot now that I know what it looks like. I'm dying to see some flutter IRL too! I may just have to call next week and have them send me some more! ACK!! :)

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Maureen, of course when you get a chance, we'd love to see Kathleen in her Seawash outfit. ;) Now hurry up and take some pics of her. I can see a turquoise color looking great on your girls.

Imperia
06-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Maureen I would love to see the seawash on Kathleen. She has such pretty golden skin I think it would look great on her.

It's so weird how the colours look so different IRL!

Imperia

Imperia
06-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Since Kerry was so sweet and asked:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8381.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8382.jpg

This colour is FANTASTIC. And I think it looks much softer and prettier IRL than it does in the pictures. I wish the fall line had a green shade.

Imperia

lrucci
06-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Thanks for all the helpful information. It makes such a difference seeing the clothing on real babies, the web site does not do them justince. My resistance to Naartjie is wearing thin, and I'm contemplating placing an order - thanks to everyone's praise for Naartjie.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

jpang
06-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Imperia, I thought it was really sweet that your DH took you to Ardenfair for your anniversary. He knows how to make you happy!

I agree with you about clot-- it's a lovely color that looks great on Maddy. We're probably going to get the Boho capris and top.

What caught my eye today, though, was the striped hoodie dress in pop. Included below are photos for those who are far from a B&M store. I couldn't decide which capris to get and decided just to get the dress for now. It's super cute, I think.

heidi_timms
06-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Janice, Lena looks so cute! I love that dress on. It looks way better on a cute baby than the photos they show on their website.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

lrucci
06-28-2004, 01:35 AM
Janice, Thanks for posting pics of Lena. She is a cutie and I love the striped dress. I think that may be part of my order (oops, if I order - hehe).

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

jpang
06-28-2004, 01:58 AM
Hi, Heidi,

Thanks! Naartjie has such a strange website-- none of their clothes ever look good to me on it. I posted the photos in part to show others how their clothes look IRL-- much better. Thanks for the compliments on Lena. It's nice to be able to share.

jpang
06-28-2004, 02:04 AM
Hi, Lisa,

Thanks for your comments abt. Lena. I'm liking the striped hoodie more and more-- it's really soft and short enough that I don't think it should hamper her crawling too much. Plus, there's that hood to protect the fuzz on her head.

Imperia
06-28-2004, 02:12 AM
That was the first thing I wanted to see (the pop hoodie dress). I showed it to my DH (who loves baby clothes shopping) and he made a face! =(

I was considering buying it in clot but theyw ere out of 3-6 M!

I still might call Valley Fair hehe

It looks GREAT on your DD btw!

Imperia

friedmana1
06-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Aw...She looks adorable. Leah also looks great in red, so I am thinking about getting her some pieces in pop.

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

friedmana1
06-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Once again, she looks adorable...I have yet to be "sold" about this line, but seeing it on maddy has made me seriously reconsider.

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

mum to chloe
06-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Maddy's lovely (as always).
Imperia, I think you should get at least free lines from these companies (if not dividends...)

parkersmama
06-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Lena looks adorable!! That dress is so sweet and looks quite comfy!

Our pop pieces came in the mail today but AG is currently napping. I'll take pics later!

jpang
06-28-2004, 01:50 PM
I think Valley Fair still had a good selection of things in clot. Including the floral capris, if I remember correctly, in 3 to 6 months.

Your DH is so unusual in liking baby clothes shopping. In our house, new clothes just magically "appear," especially after I visit VF, LOL.

jpang
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks, Aimee. If you like red, I think pop would be a good choice for Leah. The reds are strong, but they are very clear. I like the hoodie dress on Lena even more than I liked it in the store.

jpang
06-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi, Denise,

Thanks-- I'd love to see more pieces in pop on another baby. What did you get? If you got the hoodie dress and capris, which capris did you choose? I couldn't decide.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

riostoker
06-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I ordered on Thursday evening, so the package went out on Friday. It arrived here in NC by Monday at noon! Wow!!! I'll try to post pics of the seawash outfit as soon as I can, so you can see that color.

I agree with Imperia... the seawash doesn't look quite like it did on the website. It is brighter in real life. I still think it is pretty, but in seeing the pictures of Maddy, I think I like the clot better. Of course, my daughter has bright blue eyes that really pop when she wears blue, so I may decide I like the seawash best once I see it on her. I got the fancy pants with LL ruffle (solid seawash), and they are SOOOOO cute! Somebody on here was asking about capris to go with the boho flower dress, and those would be adorable. I got her a shirt to go with them, but I may have to order a dress too.

I also got a few summer things on sale - the dew happy spot dress and capris which I think I'll love, and the arctic happy spot halter and board shorts. I LOVE the arctic color (much prettier than the website), but I'm not sure how I feel about the board shorts. Somehow in the confusion of telephone ordering, I thought I was getting knit shorts. Anyway, I'll have to try them on her and see what I think.

The package was on the front porch when I went home during my lunch hour to nurse. When I tried to explain Naartjie, the ordering system, etc. to my MIL (who is home watching the baby), I know she thought I had lost my mind!!! Of course, she and I have TOTALLY different ideas for style for my girls, so she probably hated the Naartjie stuff anyway. She buys things like Strawberry Shortcake sweat suits! ACK!!!!

I really wish Naartjie would improve their website with more pictures of the various pieces paired together and with more pictures of the pieces in each color.

:)
ann

janew
06-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Maddy really looks like she is posing in the first picture. She looks adorable as always. I love seeing pictures of the babies, they are my favourite posts for sure.

jane

p.s. I can't see the pics of Lena- they are text files for some reason :(

mlewis
06-29-2004, 11:53 AM
So cute! I love the blue ruffles on the botton of the pants!

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks Imperia, I love it. Especially on Maddie. That color is very flattering on her.

tina-t
06-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Maddy looks so cute in those outfits.

BTW, Imperia, I guess I missed you last Sunday. I was also at the Arden Fair mall, at Naartjie going nuts over the sale. I bought quite a few pieces (15) for ds for next summer and this fall, and still managed to pay less than a hundred for everything.

Maybe, I'll see you there next time.