PDA

View Full Version : recieved size 2 nike shoes at baby shower? will baby grow out of these before baby is walking?

ladythepup
06-28-2004, 01:10 AM
I recieved a pair of nice nike shoes today for baby at shower in size 2 and i am wondering if the baby will have already grown past a size 2 by the time they are walking?

Any Ideas????

Mel

heidi_timms
06-28-2004, 01:16 AM
It's so hard to tell with feet because there is no sure fire way of telling. My daughter is small for her age and is just growing out of 3's after a month of walking. She started walking when her feet were size 3. If it's possible to exchange the shoes, I would go for at least a 3,4 or 5. If they end up being too big, they can be something to grow into.
HTH!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Imperia
06-28-2004, 02:21 AM
I would guess probably. Are they regular sneakers? If so you might not want to have teh baby wear them too often if they aren't really good at walking since hard soled shoes aren't good for foot development most experts think.

Imperia

gour0
06-28-2004, 10:10 AM
I received a pair of air jordans for ds from one of dh's coworkers. I would have returned them, myself. Instead he wore them for one visit to the office and are now packed away. He was not walking. I probably would not have let him wear these hard soled shoes if he HAD been walking. He wears Robeez mostly.

amp
06-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Probably. My son, when he started walking, and got his first pair of shoes, was measured at Stride Rite to wear a 5XW. He would have worn size 2 when he was maybe 6 mths old? Anyway, lots of people put shoes on baby for purely decorative reasons, or to keep feet warmer in the winter, but they are certainly not necessary, and in fact are not recommended. Before my son could walk, he did wear very soft soled shoes. His were Robeez.

ETA: Just adding a avatar attachment here. Pay no attention.

kransden
06-28-2004, 02:17 PM
I would try to exchange them for 3s or 4s. DD was walking in 3s. We even had the white nikes with a little pink swoosh on the side. They were the only flexible soles we found until we found out about the preschoolians.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

janew
06-28-2004, 10:42 PM
My baby is in 3s or 4s depending on the shoe. She started walking a month ago at 11 months. Most of the babies in my mommies group who are around the same age, are in 4s or 5s. One baby is wearing a 6 though. I would exchange them for at least a 4 or 5 if you want them for walking.

jane