PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Gymbo's 2 pc PJs???

KYBelle1102
06-28-2004, 11:36 AM
My DS is not particularly big for his size. He's almost 10 months, and runs in the 30-40th percentile on both height and weight. He's not particularly short or tall, skinny or chunky.

The shirts on the 2 pc PJs are all so short on him--by about an inch or more. I bought 6-12 month sizes, and everything else Gymbo in that size fits him. The pants fit him fine. I know PJ's are supposed to fit snug, but that's a little ridiculous. The pants on 12 -18 mo would swallow him. This is the 3rd pair of pjs we've bought for him (my mom washed the first pair so I figured she shrunk it) and they've all been to small.

Anyone else run into this?

khakismom
06-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh yes! Kathleen got a pair for her birthday, size 4, which is her normal Gymbo size. After one washing, they are so snug on her--and she is a STICK--that it's painful to get them on. She hates to wear them because they are so tight on her.

parkersmama
06-28-2004, 01:34 PM
I don't know why the shirt would be too short...I've never had that happen and Gymbo stuff doesn't usually shrink. I think I'd take it back and tell them about it. If you say that 6-12 usually fits and this is obviously way too short, they should take it back and give you your purchase price if you have your receipt. If you don't have the receipt, they'll give you current sale price, I'm pretty certain.

As far as Gymbo jammies though, I recommend sizing up at least one size, sometimes two sizes. This makes them a bit long so I buy the ones with cuffed ankles. And it gives them a bit looser fit which I prefer. We don't go for the sausage look around here! LOL!

iluvmy2boys
06-28-2004, 01:57 PM
I do the same thing... holden typically wears 18-24 or 2T in gymbo (though sometimes as little as 12-18months) and the 3t or 3 pjs fit him perfectly!

kransden
06-28-2004, 02:07 PM
I hate their pjs and don't buy them. They are way too tight on my skinny dumpling. At least with the Carters, I can size up and they will fit. Gymbos are so tight I can't get her hand through them! I wish they would skirt around the issue and make short-johns or something that aren't so tight.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

Imperia
06-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Gymboree gymmies run very small. I know a lot of folks hate this, but it's good for me because nothing fits my teeny tiny DD for sleep, except these (she is 10th percentile for weight 25th for height). I remember when she was just born and I tried to put a Carter's sleep sack on her it swallowed her up, it was so big it was dangerous! I find that the one piece zip up style, especially the shortie ones are probably looser than the two piece. Also their non cotton styles (like fleece or silkies for girls) run much larger. DD could wear some Gymbo fleece Preemie zip up gymmies until just recently (she normally wears 3-6 (sometimes 0-3) in gymmies.

Imperia

Joshuasmommy
06-28-2004, 02:55 PM
I don't think that these will ever fit my chunk. I bought some when he was about 2 months old and not as huge as he is now and the pants fit perfect but his belly hung out of the top. It is a bummer because they are so cute.

mlewis
06-28-2004, 04:55 PM
We also have this problem. Gymbo 6-12 month clothes are very roomy on my son, but the pjs are way too small! If I buy them again, I'm going to have to size up. I have been buying Carter pjs recently.

janew
06-28-2004, 10:37 PM
I have had to size up on Sadie's gymmies too to get any wear out of them! The cotton is so nice though- and they do wear really well.

jane

KYBelle1102
06-29-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm bummed to hear that...those Super Ape pjs were so cute. I got him the Stars and Stripes 2 pc short pjs (the bottoms look like little boxer shorts--too cute!) and the shirt looks like it's cut a little looser.

I've just about had it with Gymbo. After spending a small fortune in there last fall (when DS was only a few months old), I can't find anything worth buying in there for him now. And Baby Gap is almost as bad. My little munchkin's going to have to go nekkid soon...