PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie in "pop"

parkersmama
06-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Our new Naartjie stuff arrived today! After Amy Grace got up from her nap I snapped a few pics of her in the things we got. Please ignore her silly facial expressions! It's so hard to get pictures of a moving subject! LOL!

The denim pinnie, boho 3/4 top in pop, boho stripe pants in pop:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8404.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8405.jpg

Just the top & pants:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8406.jpg

Happy flower dress and happy spot shorts in fresh:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8407.jpg

See the shorts peaking out? ;)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8408.jpg

I really like the first outfit (fall trans) but the pants are pretty long. Of course, I'm not planning for her to wear it until at least September so it should be okay. The shirt seems to run a tad bit smaller. What do you guys think of this outfit? I do love the color but overall, I'm not sure about the look. I think I'm not used to loose pants under a dress.

The second outfit is from summer. It's really cute too. I wish the shorts were a bit more visible underneath the dress. But the color is gorgeous! And the tulle accents are really cute. :)

ismommy
06-28-2004, 04:25 PM
She looks adorable. I love the pop color. What is the summer outfit? I am eagerly waiting for my first order. What shorts are those?

Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

parkersmama
06-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks! :)

It's the Happy Flower dress and the Happy Spot shorts both in "fresh".

macassi
06-28-2004, 04:49 PM
I personally think the jumper looks funny with the pants and shirt. The shirt/pants looks like a complete outfit and the jumper makes it look like you've just thrown it on top. It could be how it came across in the pictures, but it just looks a little too fitted to go with the pants and shirt. I do love the pants and shirt, though, and the color looks great on AG! And the jumper itself is adorable.

mum to chloe
06-28-2004, 04:57 PM
That second photo is adorable!
I love dresses over pants, I think it's a really cute look.
I prefer the outfit on it's own though...I bet that jumper would look great with the top and a simple pair of tights underneath.
I don't think the top is too snug at all.
She's beautiful.

khakismom
06-28-2004, 05:45 PM
What a ham! AG is sooooo cute--her expressions crack me up! And I love the stuff you got!! The pop color is great, and I am so in love with the happy flower stuff.

jpang
06-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi, Denise,

Thanks for posting the pics. Both colors look really good on AG. I was wondering if the pants were long-- they looked long to me in the store. I think I would put just the top and the denim jumper together. All three pieces looks a little too busy for me (unless it's cold-- then who cares, keep her warm).

The happy flower dress is entirely too cute on her. Isn't it a great dress? Comfy and feminine at the same time. We have one in neon from my first trip to Naartjie, and it's one of my favorite summer dresses for DD. I like the shorts AG is wearing underneath,too. Naartjie was even selling matching socks with little tiny tulle accents on them.

So now that you have them, what do you think of pop head-to-toe? Is it too much red? I was worried about that when I bought the pop hoodie dress, that if I bought the pants it would just be too much red. I'd be curious to know your opinion. I love the hoodie dress, though, even by itself.

PS I thought her facial expressions were really cute! And I like the action poses.

friedmana1
06-28-2004, 06:28 PM
AG, the model as always! I am really trying to hold out for this stuff to go on sale. For some reason, none of the striped things really do it for me, but AG does look so cute in it! I have been eyeing that jumper, and I think you might have just pushed me over the edge. :)

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

supersparkee
06-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Sooooo cute! I haven't tried Naartjie but these pics might make me start browsing their web site. I like the jumper over the boho top but might pair it with tights instead of the pants (unless tights make diaper changes a total pain). The happy flowers dress is really fun!

Imperia
06-28-2004, 07:12 PM
The pants form the fall trans line seem to all be running long by what people are saying. Thr 3-6 M are too long on Maddy but she has awhile before she will be wearing them anyway.

I like the pinnie but I would pair it with the top and not the pants probably because I think it's too much all together.

It's odd, I could have sworn the pop was more "red" and less strawberry/magenta when I saw it, perhaps it's my monitor. Although I still sometimes find it almost impossible to take a picture of Naartjie where the colour is true.

I love the happy flower dress on her. We have some happy spot things that Maddy wears ALL The time, the cotton is SO soft and the colours are so pretty. I love her in the fresh. Maddy likes to suck on the tulle/mesh ruffle on the bottom of her Happy Spot dress, hehe.

Imperia

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-28-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm going to have to be brutally honest with you...I love it all! And maybe I'm odd, but I like the pinnie over the red top and bottoms. I guess as long as she's comfortable wearing all of that clothing, it could be okay. I think it looks cute. I love the red on her. She is such a ham and oh so adorable. You guys are killing me. I swear you get paid commission from Naartjie to come on here and sucker the rest of us into buying their cute clothes. ;)

JenCA
06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Adorable! I love the Boho stripe pants and top.

I noticed that Amy Grace has the same bedding/quilt as my kiddo (the "Julia" collection from PBK). :)

Joshuasmommy
06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
She looks adorable! I love the pop color, how pretty. Did you get anything for the boys?

pritchettzoo
06-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Oh, she's too, too cute! Is AG already in a big-girl bed?

Y'all are making it really hard to resist buying this stuff! :)

Anna

janew
06-28-2004, 10:30 PM
AG looks adorable! I love the pop and stripes are just so cute on a baby. Maybe you will like the pants better under the pinnie when they aren't so long. I love the top and pants just as a stand alone set too. She looks like she is strutting in the happy spot outfit. Very cute. Keep it all!

jane

lrucci
06-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Denise~ AG looks so adorable. I love the colors. I'm with the majority - I think the top and pants look really cute together. I love the top with the pinnie, but think the pants are too much with it.

Would you say the pop color is red or more of a raspberry/magenta color? I really like the way the color looks a AG and I'm thinking about getting something in this color. Thanks!!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

parkersmama
06-28-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm going to try to reply with answers all in one message if my failing memory can handle it! LOL!

Yes, that's the PBK Julia bedding! I really love it. And, Anna, she's still in a crib. It's just recently been moved to the lowest mattress setting, though! When we met that day in Atlanta and some of us headed to Lenox, Beth, Peggy, and I all bought letters that spelled the girls' names. I hung them by ribbons on the wall by the crib. Well, on Friday, I came in after naptime to find the "C" from Grace lying halfway to the door! LOL! I didn't realize she could reach them...time to lower the mattress again. :)

The pop color is more red than it appears in the pictures but the overall effect is sort of a redish/magenta color. It's a lovely color, very fallish and not fire engine red. I don't know why the pictures turned out so pink.

I think that I'll keep all the pieces. I'm still a bit bummed about the pants. I'm wondering if I ordered the solid ones if it would be better. I really love the stripes, though. I think it would help if they were a bit tighter. It's not too bulky though, even though it's 3 pieces. I think it would be impossible to find tights that would go well and I also think tights are a PITA. If I ended up with tights, I feel like I wouldn't put her in it as often since I wouldn't want to deal with them. I might order the socks in pop so that I can go the shirt/pinnie route without the pants sometimes. I guess that most of all, I'm hoping that she grows a bit or the pants shrink a bit so that it works better because I really want to love this outfit!

I really like the striped hooded dress, too, but I worry about the hood being in the way. I've always found that my kids are really annoyed by hoods when they are strapped into their carseats. I do think the striped pants with the striped dress might be a bit much which is one of the reasons I went with the denim to break it up. The head-to-toe red was fine, though. I didn't mind it at all but I like her in bright/bold colors.

And, no, I didn't order anything for the boys. Bad mommy. I'd love to order them some Naartjie stuff but I'm not into skaters really and neither are they. Maybe the next fall line will have something more appropriate for us. :)

heidi_timms
06-29-2004, 01:11 AM
So cute. You for sure have to keep those striped pants. They make the outfit!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03