PDA

View Full Version : Socks that stay on

kristenk
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Does such a thing exist for a 6 month old? We haven't tried all that many, and I know that her efforts at crawling aren't helping keep them on, but I'm getting annoyed at her current socks! She had some Carter's that worked pretty well but she outgrew them. I picked some up at Old Navy b/c I heard good things about them, but they don't seem to stay on. I picked up some Osh Kosh socks last week but haven't tried them yet. Have you found any socks that work for you??? Please be specific b/c I was overwhelmed at the vast array of choices at Old Navy (sport cuff, bootie, triple fold, whatever else). Thanks much!

ellies mom
08-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I've been lurking on this board for a while but as another Ellie's Mom, I thought I'd reply to this. When my Ellie started losing her socks, we bought her a pair of Robeez. They are a bit spendy ($26), but work like a charm and are as darling as anything.

Veronica
Ellie's Mom 11-03-03

gracies mom
08-13-2004, 01:44 PM
The socks from Gap were the worst - they were worthless. My favorites were the ones from Old Navy, can't remember exactly, but I know they weren't the triple fold. The ones from The Children's Place actually worked okay as long as I bought a smaller size - they seemed to run big.

I second the Robeez though - I loved them!

HTH!

iluvmy2boys
08-13-2004, 01:57 PM
I 3rd the Robeez....

We started using them with my youngest @ 5months because he was always wanting to walk with us holding his hands and in just plain socks, his feet kept slipping everywhere (even socks w/ grippers). I got him a pair of Robeez and it stopped the slipping, AND he stopped pulling at his socks to get them off. I did find that the gymboree basic socks staid on my kids feet the best (even now, they're hard for them to pull off).

Plus the robeez will help keep their feet warm through the fall/winter.

dules
08-13-2004, 02:08 PM
I like the Hanna plain socks - the ones with the grippy bottoms. They are shaped like baby feet/legs so stay on pretty well - until the baby starts pulling them off, then you have to go to shoes!

Best,
Mary

AdoptChina
08-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Ive always used the Gap and Children's Place ones without problems......but my kids have chubby feet so maybe that helped lol. The Robeez are great, especially when baby starts taking socks off. The only ones Ive not had good luck with were the Hanna ones that matched the Hippity line.

August Mom
08-13-2004, 04:21 PM
We tried a bunch, but found the Gymboree cuffed socks to stay on the best. The Baby Gap newborn ones were the worst. But, Robeez are an excellent solution to this problem. I was hesitant to buy Robeez at first because of the cost, but it was money well spent. DS loved them.

jvorhis
08-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Actually if you want to go the cheap route try the sport socks at Wal Mart they are the Faded Glory brand. I love them and they don't come off!

ktdid74
08-14-2004, 08:30 AM
we've always used Old Navy socks with DD but they haven't always stayed on so great. Discovering Robeez and Jack and Lilly saved a lot of sock frustration.

llcoddington
08-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Children's Place! These are the only ones that stay on Lauren. I also have Robeez that she wears when we go out.

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

HallsofVA
08-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Carter's have been the only ones that I can keep on my son. We were given a ton of hand-me-down socks, and some new ones, and among all the styles, only Carter's worked. I went to a Carters outlet recently and bought some more, because he was growing out of the ones we have. They didn't have ones like the fold-over style we had, so I had to try some new ones. I love the ones we purchased, which have stretchy tops, are plain white, and don't have any labels or anything on them. For good, basic socks, I wouldn't look anywhere else.