PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite fall outfit?

gracies mom
08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm on a shopping binge for more Fall clothes (we don't really have a winter here), and I'm having a hard time finding anything that really stands out.

What are your favorite fall outfits and brands, and where did you get them?

parkersmama
08-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Well, my current fave is Naartjie. Their fall items are just the right weight for all winter in a place that doesn't have a cold winter. We live in south Georgia so our winters don't get really cold. Plus, I really like the pants or leggings under a dress look that's so easy to do with them. Another favorite is Hanna Andersson. Their new fall stuff should be online next week and I'm hoping I like it better because I wasn't too keen on the fall trans stuff. Also, Gymboree has some really cute fall lines hitting the stores & online next week.

I was in The Children's Place today and didn't really see much that I wanted. It was all very bright but a bit too Britney Spears for my taste. I was also at Dillard's and saw some cute Tommy Hilfiger and Polo outfits but I only buy those brands occasionally and only when they are on a pretty good sale. Another great place is Lands' End. Their clothes are reasonably priced and very cute. Some Sears stores carry them (but not mine). If you have a Saks-affiliated store near you (Parisian, Younkers, etc) they have a cute line by Jane Seymour called This One and That One. There are a few really cute items right now.

HTH!

Tracey
08-13-2004, 06:38 PM
I could probably list 50 brands that I like. Of the things I've actually bought so far, here are my faves:
This is by Tralala
http://www.geocities.com/hamosher/b3.jpg
Here a a couple of Beaux et Belles outfits I have ordered. It will be a couple of months before I get the. The ones I chose are variations on these. Instead of a jumper, I got a purple cord pantset instead and I got a long sleeved dress with a peter pan collar and piped on white with the Cinderella dress.
(see at the bottom of the post)

Here are a few websites that have really cute things:
www.bestdressedkids.com
www.forgetmenotkids.com
www.achildscloset.com
www.pollilops.com
www.tuesdayschild.com
www.plantationshop.com

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10997.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10998.jpg

gracies mom
08-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Tracey, I LOVE that Tralala outfit!

So far we have a bunch of basics from Gymbo, a couple of Hanna Dresses that I bought last fall (which may not fit her this year).

Her summer clothes are seriously overflowing in her closet, and I know summer here lasts through early October, but I want to get things before they're sold out, and before the really "winter-ish" stuff comes out.

Anyone else have any outfits or recommendations they want to share?

AdoptChina
08-14-2004, 11:36 AM
OMG that Tralala outfit is TDF! I love it!

AvasMama
08-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Ava has a lot of Naartjie, as you have probably seen :) I think the pop, raspberry and guava colors in particular are nice for fall, and I agree with Denise about the dress/leggings combo -- very cute and easy.

We also have a couple of Baby Lulu knit sets from the Rosefield and Crimson Rose lines. Same weight as Naartjie. We also have a couple of Hanna dresses that I need to find matching leggings/tights for, some Hanna jeepers/wiggle pants sets, a great Gymbo toile outfit from Jardin Francaise, and a few misc. European pieces we bought in New York last fall on sale. They are really unique and unusual.

I plan to add a couple of new outfits from Janie & Jack and maybe something from the new Hanna line and then that's about it for us!

Robyn & Ava

kthomp
08-14-2004, 12:22 PM
One of my absolute favorite fall outfits is the Hanna playdress with leggings. I think they are absolutely adorable on little girls in the fall/winter! We had one set last fall/winter and she wore it all the time- I could tell she was always very comfortable in it! Even after all the washings and wear, it still looks great! (too bad it's too small!)

I would recomend looking at the new Hannas when they come out- the are supposed to be out by the 17th. We have been assured by Hanna that the same classic playdress will be availble!

gracies mom
08-14-2004, 04:27 PM
I totally agree about the "Britney" clothes! I want to dress Gracie in funky outfits, but I'm steering clear of dressing her like a teenager. We received couple of outfits for her birthday, that she will NEVER wear. I'm by no means a prude, but as long as she's young, I want her to look that way. :)

mary b
08-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Tracey,

WOW!! I love that first outfit. Can you plese send the link to where you bought it. I looked on those sites and did a general search but I couldn't find it.

TIA!!!
Mary

amyff
08-14-2004, 06:00 PM
I just e-mailed Tracey the same question! I am in love with the Tralala outfit!
So sweet!
My favorite fall outfit for DD would be this Le Top dress with matching tights...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11031.jpg

I am such a sucker for matching tights! Acckkk! She will probably wear the dress once but I just love it...it is such a little girl dress (not trendy). And I really love that it was a gift from Grandma (I just can't spend that kind of money on an outfit!).

Tracey
08-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi Mary!
Unfortunately I did not get the outfit at an online site, but from a woman who sells samples on ebay. It is from the new fall line though. You can see it all at www.tralalainc.com. Maybe there is a boutique near you that carries the brand. If not, this website will probably get it... www.bestdressedkids.com. The fall stuff debuts this month, so I'd start looking or calling around in September. If I get a chance tonight or tomorrow I'll take some pics of her in it. Even if you don't have a boutique close to you, you could call any of the ones that are listed on the website and have them mail it to you. I've done this a bunch for myself when I've seen clothes that I wanted in fashion magazines. Boutiques are always glad to make a sale and I've never had one object to shipping things to me (at my cost). GOOD LUCK!

Tracey
08-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi!
I think the email connected with Baby Bargains Book is outdated (I guess I need to fix that), so I never got your email! I answered Mary about the outfit. I'm so glad you liked it! It's realllllllly cute and the brand is just beautiful in person.

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Love all these ideas and outfits. This isn't really fair of me to share this one, because I bought this at my favorite store over the French/German border, but I love it for Fall!!! The details sucked me right in. I think the whole ensemble was only 22 Euros which I think is a deal because it's brand new for Fall (so it wasn't even on sale) and it's two pieces. It's from this store: www.dpam.com Their website STINKS and does no justice to the store and the very cute clothing. In fact, I saw the website first and was very skeptical, but I love the store.

http://clarksylvania.typepad.com/photos/andie/dress1.jpg
http://clarksylvania.typepad.com/photos/andie/dress2.jpg

parkersmama
08-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Oh, how cute! Andie will be adorable in that! Please show a pic when she starts wearing it. :)

mary b
08-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks Tracey!!!
I really love it and will check out the ebay store and keep an eye out for it. THanks again!
Mary

parkersmama
08-15-2004, 06:27 PM
I love that! I looked, and it's a toddler sizes only outfit. :( AG needs an 18mos for winter. They have a matching outfit (swing top & leggings) for babies but it's not nearly as cute.