PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of expensive outfits...check out this ended auction

pixiepoo
08-13-2004, 01:58 PM
OK, I'll admit this outfit is TDF
BUT GEEZ!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8123049945

gracies mom
08-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow! It's cute, but not $360 cute!
If I saw that in a store though at a decent price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

AdoptChina
08-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I would have given and arm and a leg (but not $360 lol) for that when Maki was younger!

murpheyblue
08-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Wow! It appears the winner gets to pick a second outfit for free but that's still pricey.

I was looking in the seller's store. Check out this outfit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15635&item=8124565702

It's over $200 and there are stil 6 days left.

amazz
08-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Wow..that stuff is super cute, but I haven't even been able to buy Hanna stuff b/c of the price. LOL! :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

AngelaS
08-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Being a member of ODOD or Boutique Pixies or DCCD is truly a way to get your handmade creations noticed and develop a following....

miki
08-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Are these all ebay stores?

parkersmama
08-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Wow...those outfits are both very cute but I can NOT spend that kind of money on clothes. Suits for my dh are about the only thing we ever spend that much on and he's expected to literally wear them for *years* until they become threadbare! LOL!

luvtoshop
08-13-2004, 05:13 PM
ooooh--I only knew about ODOD--thanks for the tip! : )

Samraelanelevi
08-14-2004, 02:13 AM
The designers name is Liz and she is terrific! Her work and designs are amazing. I bought an outfit from her once and even bid on the Halloween overalls she has listed, but now they are over $200 and I just cannot pay that-especially when I can make similar ones.

And as another person mentioned if you are a member of certain design groups you can make lots of $$$. There is one ebayer tortoise*n*hare*clothier I believe is the id she is member of boutique betties and her overalls sell for over $200 sometimes close to $300! Yayas has some cute designs too. Then there is stitchinchicks which is simialr to ODOD. Oh on ODOD Srann makes outfits that are awesome and go for well over $200.

I saw a pair of hairbows go for $50 or $60 a few weeks ago by a Michelle-look under m2ma

Amazing isn't it!? If anyone wants a list of design groups I have a pretty long one I can share.

Brenda

AdoptChina
08-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Brenda
Id love the list of design groups. Not that I can afford to buy a lot from them, but Id like to get at least 1 knock out outfit for Makenna (but I can guarantee it wont be $360 lol.....thats crazy!)

thanks

Samraelanelevi
08-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Here's a list:

ODOD
Stitchinshicks
materialgirls
yayas
yccd
asdg
boutique betties
boutique jaynes
boutique queens
boutique belles
boutique chicks
boutique pixies
boutique dreamers
sugarbelles boutique-not 100% positive I have that right?
thadabs
NDD
uwd
scod
swakd

Then you can search m2ma for made to match accesories (I beleive that's what it means). They make cute hairbows, painted shoes and bracelets to match gymbo and other boutique brands.

Another thing I do is search custom boutique in both title and description in infant clothes. This will get you lots of handmade items that you can pick the size you want. Also search ooak in the same category for one of a kind clothing.

GL and make sure we see pix if you purchase anything!

Brenda