PDA

View Full Version : new to Reality Layette

jupster75
08-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone! Today was my first time looking at the Reality Layette area on the boards. I am going to have to tell my DH that he needs to share more money for shopping. You ladies are helping to put a serious dent in my wallet!!

WOW! I cannot believe the amount of pretty clothes I have been missing out on. Before today, I had never heard of lots of the clothing brands discussed here. Audrey's birthday and christmas clothes request just increased tremendously.

Are there any smaller clothing brands I might have missed? I hate going somewhere and seeing a baby wearing the same outfit.

Jennifer, mom to Audrey 11/3/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041103/3/16/3/-5/.png

AdoptChina
08-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Hi Jennifer
Glad to have you here. Im sure you'll turn into a clothes junkie like the rest of us lol. Check out: www.hannaanderson.com, www.naartjie.com,.....in addition to gymboree of course :)

murpheyblue
08-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Turn back now while you have a chance! Just kidding. :) Welcome aboard!

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the "not-so reality" layette board, Jennifer. Wow, we have a bunch of Jen/Jenn/Jennifers here. You'll just love all the wonderful advice you get here...you're hubby won't. LOL! See ya around!

parkersmama
08-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the dark side. It's fun over here! :)

gracies mom
08-13-2004, 06:34 PM
We can be newbies together - I just started posting about a week ago. (I think my other parenting board gets a little tired of me talking about shopping all the time.)

As for brands - my favorites are MunkiMunki, Oilily, Babystyle (the basics are great), Cakewalk, Baby Lulu, Juicy Couture, Lilly Pulitzer, and of course Gymbo, Hanna and Gap. I love just about everything Oliebollen sells, so I'm constantly on their site scoping out outfits. :)

AvasMama
08-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Welcome! I love this board and all the mamas and babies on it, but it is oh so dangerous!!!

Ava and I are big fans of Janie & Jack, Naartjie, Baby Lulu and Hanna. She also has a smattering of Petit Bateau, Babystyle, Baby Gap, Absorba and Gymboree.

Enjoy!
Robyn & Ava

urbanmama
08-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Welcome, Jennifer!! Hope you aren't looking to save any money. I know that this is a subset of the "Baby Bargains" book, but you will end up spending more money than you ever imagined. Yes, we do try to share info on sales/deals, etc., but mainly we share our love of children's clothing. People frequently post pics of adorable clothing on their even more adorable children and then you're sunk-- you have to have it for YOUR child.

You will have a great time here!!!

Marie

Tracey
08-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Hahahaha! So true!

brubeck
08-13-2004, 07:35 PM
No one has mentioned Land's End yet! They have lots of cute stuff! I think my kids are now exclusively LE, Gymbo and Hanna, with a few OshKosh things for DS (their boys' stuff is much better than their girls' stuff) and some Children's Places basics (underwear, socks, PJs).

lrucci
08-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Welcome Jennifer! This is a great place for those of us who love to shop. Most of us have waaaaaay more clothes than we need, but at least we have fun "virtual" shopping together. Next week will probably be dangerous when Gymboree has its Circle of Friends Sale.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

kthomp
08-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Welcome!!!! I'm sure your wallet will never be the same!
I'm sure you will love it here! All of us ladies will be more than happy to help you loose weight- in your pocket book!

Be sure to post some pictures of your DD! We'd love to see them!!!

heidi_timms
08-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Oh, this is the reality layette board? I thought it was shopoholics anonymous! Oops!

Yes, welcome. We do find out about great deals here, just way too many great deals! My favs are Naartjie and Gymbo.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

ktdid74
08-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi Jennifer- Welcome to the boards! It's amazing all the clothes I missed with DS- how did he possibly grow up well adjusted without wearing gymbo and Hanna :) I spend a ton on clothes now but I consider it a hobby. You only get to dress them the way *you* want for such a short time! Have fun and can't wait to see Audrey in her new clothes!