PDA

View Full Version : A couple of cold weather questions. Paging Lori! (Momof3labs)

ethansmom
08-13-2004, 09:07 PM
We're not in Chicago, but have similiar winters!

I just discovered (thanks to these boards!) HA this spring. So, I have yet to see what HA offers as far as pants for winter, but since their wiggle pants seem to be a staple, are they appropriate for winter? Of course, he wouldn't be playing in the snow w/just wiggle pants, but wearing them in the house and possibly to and from the car.

I picked up a LE squall jacket on clearance last year, and also purchased some snow pants when our KRU was closing. What would be the benefit of also having a bunting? Lori, I saw in another post you recommended having both. Why? My thought is to have DS in the Squall when we are just out and about and add the snow pants when we go outside to play. Bad idea? Would a bunting allow me to dress him in wiggle pants? They are in the overstock section, so if I need one, I want to grab it now!

Thanks!!

Momof3Labs
08-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Wiggle pants are pretty thin, so they are great for laying underneath something else but aren't thick like sweatpants (more like t-shirt thickness). So I wouldn't consider them warm enough for winter here in Chicago (except maybe inside if you keep the house warm). I really like fleece buntings because they keep Colin's legs warm in the cold car, in the stroller, and to and from the car (errands, etc.). He absolutely won't keep a blanket on them (what toddler will?).

When you dress a baby for a car seat, it is important to use as thin a coat as possible. The Squall is a little thick, IMO, so I prefer to use fleece in the car seat. And snow pants are way too thick to wear in the car. Thus the fleece bunting comes in very handy.

We had a real snowsuit for Colin last year but only used it once or twice - he did NOT like playing out in the snow at all!

ethansmom
08-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks, Lori! I'll add a bunting to my cart!

P.S. My major was Math and one of my minors was in Stats. I would have taken the acturarial exams if I had known it could mean working from home!

Momof3Labs
08-13-2004, 11:32 PM
LOL - it usually doesn't, but my office moved a week after I had Colin. My commute jumped from 25 minutes to 1hr, 45 minutes. So I played a bargaining chip and cut down to 3 days a week, two of them at home. If it weren't for all that falling into place at once, I wouldn't be working at home at all!!

icunurse
08-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Another option to the bunting.....BRU online sells the NaNo Bag and a GaGa Bag. We currently have the Nano Bag and love it....It's so soft and warm. It zippers open in the back to allow use in a carseat, otherwise you can close up the zippers and carry baby in your arms or in a stroller still all wrapped up and cozy. The GaGa Bag is for bigger kids, so we plan to get one for the winter.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~