PDA

View Full Version : Target is looking pretty good for Fall...(long and rambling!)

stella
08-15-2004, 12:35 AM
They don't have much out yet - at least our Traget doesn't. But I bought Anna two Cherokee knit long sleeved floral dresses - one is pink and one purple, that are in the Hanna tradition. They will be great school dresses with tights or leggings.

I also noticed boys' corduroys for $7.99. They had navy, khaki and olive. They were a fine wale cordury with self patches. Very cute, but not nearly as soft as those I bought last month at the Gap. They also cost 1/3 of the price and will probably become just as soft over time.

My children have a LOT of clothes and most of them are too expensive -Hanna, Kelly's Kids, Orient Expressed, Ragsland, but I have really been happy with what we have bought from Target. Their boys' shorts and girs' skorts made up the lion's share of our playclothes this summer. We also had some tropical print capris that were among Anna's cutest outfits.

I have not had a problem with quality and durability since we left the Lullabye Club sizes. Those were not the greatest. But all we have bought since then has washed and lasted very well.

Last weekend I spent an exorbitant sum on Just Ducky (justduckyoriginals.com). It's a homeshow. But I have sworn off Kelly's Kids and chez ami shows in penance. I hope that a grandmother will step in after viewing the new Hanna catalog. But I shouldn't hold my breath.

Sorry, this is longer than I expected it to be. I am ready for summer to be over, but we have worn so few of our clothes. When my brother and his wife have a baby (whenever that is!) they will never have to buy a single item. I would like to/NEED to avoid overbuying, but there is so much cute stuff out there!

lisams
08-15-2004, 02:37 AM
I agree. Gymbo is going too retro for my liking, Gap has totally turned me off in children's dept., and to be honest some of DD's Land's End clothes have been less than spectacular in the quality which is surprising since I have always been happy with them. Target has some cute stuff for great prices. Nothing I would probably hand down or resale, but they sure are cute! Also, I just got a ton of Fall clothes at Sears for great prices (their brand, TKS Basics, for no more than $6 a piece). They had fun colors and the fabric is soft. Maybe it's because we are venturing into toddler sizes, but I have found it very hard to find what I would consider cute clothing that is comfortable for all of that active play they do.

I think I saw the dresses you are talking about, and I was so tempted to get one, they look cute and comfy! DD wore a ton of summer clothes from Target this year, and I have been very pleased with them! Gotta love Target!

Lisa

Kimberly H
08-15-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm with you! Most of Mia's wardrobe is Target, with a few Gymbos thrown in, and it's the Target clothes I reach for again and again. She's in daycare and sure, some of the clothes don't hold up for a 2nd season, but she's our last and I'm not a resaler so it's not a big deal for me when I can buy her 3 pairs of capris for $9.

She gets compliments all the time on her clothes so we'll keep shopping Target. I can't wait to see their fall things - we're still seeing the transition stuff in Myrtle Beach.

colleenfs
08-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Our Target doesn't seem to have anything out yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I bought a bunch of things at Sears as well. Cute swing tops and knit tops in nice colors. In addition, I found some decent things at BRU. They carry sizes 36 and 48 months in some styles.

Gymbo is definitely getting too mod for me, and while I love J&J, it's just too $$. I'm waiting to see more from LE, and I plan to hit Rugged Bear and the Carters outlet soon too.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

writeleigh
08-15-2004, 07:21 PM
As a side note, I just viewed Just Ducky's catalog and am drooling over the camel cord longalls with the striped turn up cuffs. I may have to splurge for Liam!

:) Leigh

stella
08-15-2004, 08:06 PM
I bought that! But I had it lined with red corduroy so that I can reverse it for Christmas. I LOVED the flannel on the reverse, but I didn't know if I would reverse it to the stripes often enough to make it worth the investment. I did stick with the fish as the embroidery.

parkersmama
08-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Gee whiz, Claire, thanks a lot for showing me the Just Ducky stuff. ;) Just what I needed! LOL! Very, very cute!

And you're right about Target. I haven't checked out the clothes too much yet but I just bought a dark brown pair and a hot pink pair of mary janes for Amy Grace at Target for about $21 total! That's a great deal seeing as how she won't be wearing them *that* often and the brown Kid Express shoes I had gotten (and will now be returning) were $52!!! Yikes!

khakismom
08-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Claire, I headed to Target at lunch today on a mission to find those striped dresses, but no luck! x( Any chance you could post a pic or 2 of them? They sound perfect for us--just easy-to-wear knit dresses that are perfect for running around in.

The one I went to was trying to clear out the last of their summer stuff, I'm sure to make room. They had the fall shoes in which already look like a tornado went thru them. They were so picked over! Thankfully I know that the most traditional and cutest shoes fly off the shelf so I already got K the pink nubuck ones.

And I'm with you on Target quality. I really have never had any problems with their quality, and in fact have handed down quite a few pieces from Kathleen to Ellen. I also don't buy to resale. If I end up selling it, that's just icing on the cake. But I'm not going to spend $$$ on something so that on the off chance I sell it, I will make money. I just buy what I think looks cute and what looks good on my kids to wear NOW. And Target has some *very* cute stuff.

stella
08-16-2004, 06:49 PM
well, they're not striped - they're floral. And I looked on the website but they're not there!

I am going to have to get a digital camera to post pictures!

writeleigh
08-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Enabler! LOL. I decided to forgo the overalls because I've already blown my August budget on fall Liam clothes. Sigh. I'm completely obsessed with baby clothes.

:) Leigh