PDA

View Full Version : Mulberribush Clothes ... a few questions!

iluvmy2boys
08-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks to Karin, I have now fallen in love with mullberribush clothing!! Come to find out, we have 2 boutiques that carry mulberribush clothing and one of which is only 5mins from my house!!

I was curious as to how their sizing runs (small, true to size, big?) and how the clothing wears? (like can I pass Ashton's stuff onto Holden?). How do the materials feel? Is there a certain item that is your favorite? (i'm really liking the flannel pants, they look so soft and comfy!)

Ashton saw the dinosaurs and fell in love, so I'm hoping to find him some items from that line and Holden likes allof the stuff, so I have a feeling if I can find a good variety of this clothing, my kids main clothes may start coming from there and then get them wally world and target and kids r us play clothes! these clothes (mulberribush) are exactly what I've been looking for! and to be honest, I didn't find their prices to be all that exorbant compared to other high end clothing manufacturers.

Thanks for any input any of you might have!

AdoptChina
08-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Its been a while since I bought any of these, but I looked at some of the sweatshirts we have packed away and they seem to run really wide (I dont think they looked long though). I *think* the pants had fairly small waists which should work well for you guys :)
Of course they may have changed the way they cut their clothes now, but figured Id throw this out here

parkersmama
08-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I have always found MB clothes to run on the large side. I usually go ahead and buy the size they are currently wearing and they wear them a bit big to start with. I love their screen-printed tees...both l/s and s/s. For winter, I match them with the fabulous flannel pants (love them!) and for summer with the searsucker shorts (also a great item). Mulberribush is definitely one of my favorite boys clothing lines!

iluvmy2boys
08-15-2004, 02:12 PM
so, should I maybe size down in pants for Holden? I'm buying him 2T pants for fall and they are still pretty big on him (wearable, but pretty big). I don't mind so much if tops are too big (sleeves can be rolled up and well, some stuff is cute if it's too big) but pants I hate if they are so big they fall down.

Thanks for your opinions!

parkersmama
08-15-2004, 02:20 PM
My boys are super-skinny (I buy adjustable waist jeans from The Gap in *slim* and still have to pull the waists in!) and I've never noticed the MB pants being a problem. They have a full elastic waist so they fit a broad range of sizes. Also, they are very easy to fold down once at the waist or roll up the cuffs a time or two (we've done that a lot before).

pcottrell
08-15-2004, 02:46 PM
I too am a huge Mulberribush fan!! Both of my sons have an extensive collection!! I just wanted to add that Mulberribush also makes the cutest sweaters!! If your son is a dino lover, this would be perfect for him...
http://www.cwdkids.com/servlet/quagga/view/view.jsp?id=10416&cat=boys
I find that the sweaters run a little small, so I go a size up.

Paige

karin4
08-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Denise and Susan have pretty well answered your questions, so I'm just confirming their opinions. I think Mulberribush runs large, but I don't usually size down. I like the oversized top look, and the elastic on the pants keeps them up even when they're a little large. The pants tend to have a tapered cut, which also keeps them from falling down under your child's feet-- they'll just sort of bag around the ankle, which I think is kind of cute.

They clothes wear really well, although the decals/decorations on the tees do tend to crack as they're washed and dried repeatedly. Washing inside out and hanging to dry minimizes this, but doesn't eliminate it entirely. The tees themselves don't fade badly and they don't pill at all. The flannel pants are FABULOUS! So soft and comfy, easy for little guys to pull on and off, wear well, and they look little-boy.

Mulberribush is the mainstay of my 4 yo's wardrobe, largely because in addition to the cute factor, they are priced reasonably, especially on sale. If you have a Nordstrom Rack nearby, that's where you can really score outfits for a song.

Paige-- I LOVE that sweater! I'm definitely splurging on it.

gisele
08-15-2004, 03:49 PM
I was at Bloomingdale's last week and picked up this sweater, with coordinating shirt and pants for my son. It was so cute I coldn't pass it up!

stella
08-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Won't Hanna suffer if your main clothes start coming from Mulberribush? LOL.

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-15-2004, 04:39 PM
I love these clothes!!! I just checked out their website (thanks to you ladies) and love the Fall stuff. My Huey will just love the Space themed stuff. Yay! Now I have more ideas.

I think we have 1 Mulliberri bush outfit that I found in a boutique store on big time clearance. It's so cute and soft and comfy.

mollyi
08-15-2004, 04:42 PM
I am also a HUGE Mulberribush fan! The only store in my area that sells it is Parisian, and they only seem to get a handful of pieces in per season, so I have mainly purchased Mulberribush stuff on ebay. There is usually tons on there, some used but also a lot of NWT stuff.

As for sizing - I would say that perhaps they run slightly large, but not excessively. This summer, Andy has 3 Mulberribush outfits, all size 2T and all fit him nicely. For comparison, his Gymboree clothing for this summer is 2T tops, but 18-24 month shorts - the size 2T Gymboree shorts would just fall off of him. Andy is roughly 34-35 inches tall and weighs about 28 lbs. Hope that is helpful! :)

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-15-2004, 05:07 PM
I saw that dino sweater and it's TDF. Love it. This is the one Huey would love to have (and mom too). ;)
http://www.cwdkids.com/servlet/photos/images/fullSizeItems/10419.jpg

parkersmama
08-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Did you check out the Tumbleweed brand by them also? Their clothes are very cute, too. We've had several of them as well. The colors are a bit more muted/neutral and they are a bit less babyish but still very cute, especially as the boys get older. :) http://www.mulberribush.com/collt.html

iluvmy2boys
08-15-2004, 06:02 PM
I actually checked out ALL the clothes - girls included! LOL

The tumbleweed clothes were very cute, I agree. they look more big boyish, but not so much so that they aren't still cute.

I can tell i'm gonna be in SOOO much trouble!! LOL I'll have to look at nordstrom's too the next time I make it there.

I can NOT wait to go shopping for CUTE CUTE boys clothes!! thank you everyone for your insight!! :)

iluvmy2boys
08-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Yea, but I'm sure other gals on the board will make up my share!! ;)

But I will most likely still buy Hanna for my youngest for as long as he fits in the size 90s and will always buy my kids zippers/long johns and short johns.

that just totally made me laugh!

iluvmy2boys
08-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Ok - so I have a mega cart-full of Mulberribush, Sweet Potatoes and other brands that CWD kids carries.....!! LOL

I'm not gonna actually place the order though until I can get to the boutique store and check out the sizing for myself in person. I'm thinking 3t should fit Holden but I'm unsure of what size to buy Ashton.

You gals are SOOOOO dangerous!! LOL

reyn74
08-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Hey, did you know that we have 3 CWD stores in Richmond? They are based here, and they also have a store in VA Beach. One of the 3 stores here is a CWD outlet. I am very embarrassed to say I have not been to any of them though.

And you were excited before about coming here to shop ;)

-Sarah

iluvmy2boys
08-15-2004, 08:33 PM
LOL Sarah!!

I may have to take out a 2nd mortgage in order to go shopping up there with you!!! LOL

I gotta look for the CWD store in VA beach, cause depending on where it is, I can go there too! I just like the look of the boutique type clothing and was pleasantly surprised to find that the mulberribush clothing is reasonably priced (well, for boutique stuff anyways).

Now go and have that baby and quit enticing me on shopping! LOL I have a feeling you and I could do some serious shopping damage together! LOL

pcottrell
08-15-2004, 08:46 PM
I would love to know what kind of deals the CWD outlet in Richmond has! If anyone has ever been there, do tell!! I have bought lots of stuff off their online outlet, including lots of Mulberribush! I have also bought several items from Sweet Potatoes from their online outlet. I have always been very happy with everything I have bought from them. I think that you can get a rebate if you sign up with toprebates.com. I have never used them, but I will try them out when I place my next order with CWD.

Paige

karin4
08-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Just don't want any moms of girls to think Mulberribush is for boys only! How cute is the outfit all the way to the right:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11076.jpg

Looks kind of like the hanna barnyard stuff, doesn't it?