PDA

View Full Version : I got so excited about seeing new clothing on my trip!

amp
08-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Okay, so many of you are old alums to these clothes, but for me, it was a trip of firsts!

I saw my first Janie & Jack store! In fact, it was the first time I'd even seen any of the clothing in person! Didn't buy anything though...too rich for our blood.

Purchased my very first Hanna's at their outlet in MI City IN! This was very exciting! I got two striped zippers (at the recommendation of everyone!), a pair of sweats and a striped romper. All for Jake, of course. I was disappointed that the new line was not in the store, but the sale gal said she didn't expect it to be in until Sept. It was a good thing I bought the long zippers and sweats. It was chillier than expected and he ended up wearing all 3 on the trip. I love them!

Also, we stopped in Gymboree (which I haven't bought a single thing at since about April due to all the ugly boys lines) at a mall, and we got to chatting with the Sales Assoc. and she let me look at the revered and coveted Look Book. I felt like I was in on a big secret! I've only heard tell of this book until now, and I know many of you have taken a peek, but this was a first for me. In fact, I actually saw one of the shirts in the boys line that they got in early. DH was ready to buy it, but it didn't have tags and the gal was afraid of getting in trouble. The boys line was "In Thin Air" or something like that. Some of it was cute. The shirt we saw was long sleeve, light (almost turquoise) blue with orange stitching, and I think white was the other color. It has a felt-ish type snow dog (think Husky) on the front.

Also, she mentioned that (as you all heard) the new layette line will have sizes throught the 18-24 mth size. What I didn't know was that it debuts in the line that comes out next week. that line was something about the Woods (A Walk in the Woods, Into the Woods?) and a few pieces featured a porcupine, which was cute.

I actually looked through the whole book, but can't remember what I saw. When the gal went into the back to get the shirt to show us, DH said, "if that book is such a big deal, maybe we should make a run for it!" Maybe we should have! :P

Anyway, maybe not so exciting to all of you who have sampled these things, but was very, very exciting me! I'm no longer a Hanna virgin! And DH is VERY worried!

toomanystrollers
08-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Andrea,
I'm so glad to hear you were thoroughly corrupted during the retreat :P

jbowman
08-15-2004, 01:06 PM
What a fun post! Sounds as if you had a good time!!

amp
08-15-2004, 01:18 PM
"I'm so glad to hear you were thoroughly corrupted during the
retreat :P"

I totally was! And it was great! I heard you did a little damage yourself...in the American Girl store! When we walked by there Sunday morning, there was actually a throng of young girls and parents hanging out there just waiting to get in or something! And they all had their little dollies!

houseof3boys
08-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Glad you got to see things IRL. Janie and Jack is awesome but it is soooo expensive! I always buy when they have their big sale and that's it.

I bet that Look Book would have fetched a pretty penny on Ebay if you guys had made a run for it. :)

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Sounds like you had an awesome shopping trip. I've been one Hanna store, but have never been to a Janie and Jack and would love to one day. I was cracking up at this:

"DH said, 'if that book is such a big deal, maybe we should make a run for it!'"

LOL!!!!

Enjoy your new Hannas and thanks for the info on the new Gymbo boys line. I'm forcing myself to look at cute boys clothes these days for my little guys because I keep getting sidetracked by the girl stuff.

amp
08-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Debbi - So Janie & Jack does put stuff on sale, eh? When do they do that? I don't have a store near me, but now that I've seen it in person, I'd consider buying online if I liked something.

smomom
08-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the dark side. ;)

amp
08-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Dana - You are like the dealer who sits outside the school! I was already excited to check HA out, but it was you who secretly emailed me to sing her praises! DH is not nearly as excited as I am. I'm pretty sure he keeps rolling his eyes when I'm not looking. And I think he's gripping his wallet a bit tighter now! :P Now I need to email you to ask more questions about buying from the outlet.

houseof3boys
08-16-2004, 02:12 PM
I think they do 2 big sales a year where there are huge markdowns (like 70% off). Sign up for their email list and they'll send you an email when it starts!

I am not an addict so I'm sure others can probably shed more light on the subject as to the exact timing. :)