PDA

View Full Version : Yet more Naartjie Pics... (Part 2)

urbanmama
08-16-2004, 06:25 PM
OK, I warned you that I'd torture you with more pics of my girls. We got another box today and now I have to narrow it now. I think I've eliminated the Clot color completely. Although they both have beautiful blue eyes and I thought that Clot would accentuate them, it is just not doing it for me. There are a couple pics I'm not even bothering to post. But I will just tell you that I did NOT like the Clot Boho dress or the Clot 3/4 Boho flower tee with the Zu bell pants.

So, here goes:

DD#1 in the denim jumper and the 3/4 Boho Flower tee in Pop. I really like this and DD seems to like it too, but I think it is way too short. I don't usually like dresses to be too short and while this looks passable now, it wouldn't last long. The problem is that DD wears a size 4 pants and is starting to go into a size 5 dress at Gymboree (because I like them longer), but THIS is a size 5 Naartjie dress and I don't know if a size 6 would work for her (might be too wide?).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11146.jpg

DD#2 in the same ensemble:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11147.jpg

DD#2 in Rosie essential tee with Rosie striped Boho pants. I really like this one, but I'm thinking that I'd probably like to get the Boho striped pants in Pop to go with the shirt in the previous picture instead. Of course, I'm not even sure if the pants are still available...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11148.jpg

That's it for now. As it is, I spend an obscene amount of time thinking about my children's clothing, but this Naartjie stuff is driving me crazy!!

Marie

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Now I like all of those on the girls. I'm with ya on spending too much time thinking about kids clothes.

iluvmy2boys
08-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Ok, from all the pics you've posted of your girls in Naartjie ... none of them really flatter your oldest DD that well, except the ensemble that you posted of her on this thread. I'd size up in both pieces maybe .. it may be big now but as fall/winter grows nearer and it's something that can be worn in the spring too. it definitely does not look like it has a lot of growing room.

The 2 pics of your younger DD here, are absolutely PRECIOUS! Keep these pieces for her, she's soo cute!

parkersmama
08-16-2004, 07:08 PM
Wow! The pop is gorgeous on both of them!! Definitely try to get the pop boho stripe pants...they are very cute. And the rosie outfit is precious, too. I think you'd be pretty safe sizing up to a 6 for your older dd in both pieces. Also...try something in seawash! I think it would complement their eyes and hair nicely. The Holland pieces seem to have the seawash color toned down just a bit making it softer. I think tights in pop would be really cute with the jumpers & tees and might work better for you than leggings. Hopefully they'll have that color when the new lines hit. The lady at Arden Fair told me there will be two new colors in the next line. Oh, great...here we go again! LOL!

heidi_timms
08-16-2004, 08:32 PM
All three of these outfits are adorable on your blondies! I love all of the pop stuff that I got and it seems to be the most popular Naartjie color. I think seawash is cute too, but I may order it later for for early spring/late winter instead of for fall.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

mum to chloe
08-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi Marie!
Love the denim jumpers with the Pop tops underneath!!!That outfit looks great on both of them...I think those outfits look great as is, and will look really cute with matching tights(did I hear that they're coming out with ribbed tights soon?)
Sue :)
...patiently awaiting my order (yeah right!)

lrucci
08-16-2004, 10:39 PM
The outfits look great. I really like the jumper and pop on your oldest, much better than the clot boho stuff. She is a very pretty girl.

Everything looks great on your youngest, she is such a cutie.

If your not sure about the denim jumper, email or call them and ask them to measure the width and length of the size 6. Then you can compare w/out having to place another order and do another return.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

supersparkee
08-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Marie, when my DH came home and saw I had been taking pics of DD in her new stuff and then agonizing over whether or not to return the rosie items, he commented "you spend too much time thinking about her clothes". He definitely thinks I'm nuts.

I like all of the items on your girls. Your little one looks really pretty in the rosie essentials top.