PDA

View Full Version : Ebay problem - anyone know what to do?

gracies mom
08-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I buy a fair amount of stuff off of ebay, but I never really sell (too lazy), so I'm not familiar with the rules for selling. Unfortunately, I'm having my first bad experience with a bad seller over a $63 halloween costume. Basically, it was listed as new in package, and instead if was filthy, had hair all over it and was broken - YUCK! She tried to get a refund on her eBay fees by mutually withdrawing the auction, but I disputed it until she refunds me the $$. I'm already out $20 for shipping it back to her (UPS 2 day air), and now she's trying to make me pay her listing fees. Is this right? She's the one that blatantly lied, I just want my money back. I told her she had 24 hours from last night to refund the money or I would report her to eBay and Paypal and leave negative feedback.

This is the costume:
http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/2b/c7/cb_1_b.JPG

EDITED: I just looked at the auction again just now, and since last night, and it looks like she cancelled her ebay account. What a WITCH!

divabell
08-16-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm not a really experienced seller, but that just sounds ridiculous. I don't know if there's a way to proceed through eBay even though she's cancelled her account, but I would look into it if I were you. I would hope there would be something they could do for you. I'm so sorry this happened to you! (And it's such a cute costume...)

dotgirl
08-16-2004, 07:43 PM
If you paid with PayPal, run, don't walk, to the website. Dispute the charges *immediately*, because you only have 30 days from the day you sent payment. They'll give her 10 days to respond and if she doesn't, you get your money back. (And it sounds like she won't respond.) I've had to do that with exactly 1 seller in 4 years on eBay.

parkersmama
08-16-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm with Penny. The only time I ran up on a bad seller on eBay I was able to get my money back from PayPal. The refund/complaint process is long and annoying but if it gets you your $60 back, it's worth it!!

lisa56308
08-17-2004, 02:01 AM
Do you still have her address? You can contact the local police department in her town and they will investigate. You can look up the address on the internet. Keep track and make copies of everything. Send copies to the police department with a letter of explanation and I'm sure they'll investigate. I had to do this a few years back (not ebay but a bulletin board transaction). They actually went to her house to question her and I got my refund within a couple of days. Hope everything works out for you.
Lisa
Jacob 6/95
Tyler 10/03