PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy leggings and tops that don't cost a fortune?

robmab719
08-17-2004, 11:25 AM
I was planning to stock up on leggings and matching tops from Gymboree to round out DD's fall/winter wardrobe. Problem is, there are practically NO cute leggings in the new fall lines. :(

What I'd love are some leggings in cute prints with plain/solid (but not white) tops to match. I don't want to spend a fortune because DD will be wearing this stuff to daycare and it may get trashed quickly. I'm thinking around $10-12 for the leggings and $10 for the tops.

Any ideas?

(Besides buying old Gymbo lines on Ebay...already thought of that one!)

dules
08-17-2004, 11:49 AM
I had some luck matching DD's EH and SFF Gymbo with Carters and Nordstrom's Kids leggings. They had lavender and navy, plus a bunch of colors I didn't need at the time but I might go look again now that I only like one sweater from the new Gymbo stuff. Carters also had stripes, and I think Nordstroms had florals (in the store, I could not find any of this online).

Oddly, I actually like the new cords and jeans at The Children's Place for fall, and they're only $8 a pair. Very soft, and some nice rich Fall jewel-tone type colors. You might find something there too.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Mary

trumansmom
08-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Lands End has a few. Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/6j5k6

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

kransden
08-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Don't despair. There usually will be some solid leggings added to the basics lines that will mix and match with the cute tops. Although opposite of what you wanted. Also the ruffle cuff pants in black and navy will be great for daycare. DD's had the navy last year and I love anything that doesn't show dirt. DD's daycare really trashes her clothes, but I don't mind because she has a great time and I don't have to clean the mess!

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

arcoe
08-17-2004, 12:24 PM
What sizes are you looking for? My Gymboree had a bunch of leggings from some of the older lines (Tip Toe, Whale Watching and Strawberry Patch) in some of the smaller sizes the last time I was there. They were $4-$5 each. They also had some long sleeve shirts that had been returned... I believe they were from the Tip Toe line. Do you want me to check and see if they have any sets left?

Robin
Mom to Lexy (23 months)

robmab719
08-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Sure! My store is completely cleaned out of leggings.

I'm looking for 12-18 months. We already have the WW striped leggings, but I would love to find any of the other leggings in her size. I can always find solid tops to go with them!

Thank you so much and let me know if you find some!! My email is robmab @ yahoo.com (no spaces).

arcoe
08-17-2004, 01:41 PM
No problem! I might not get out to the store until Friday. But as soon as I can, I'll let you know.

My daughter lives in Gymbo leggings at school (when it isn't 90 degrees out), and they hold up so well!

I'll keep you posted.

Robin

lotsofjoy
08-17-2004, 02:04 PM
If you're going and wouldn't mind, I wouldlove some leggings from Strawberry Patch in 3T or 3. especially the yellow ones! Our store has been cleaned out of leggings since MAY!

arcoe
08-17-2004, 02:45 PM
I'll see what I can find. I think that most of the leggings they had were in the smaller sizes, but I can double check. My store will appear to be cleaned out of things, and then all of a sudden, an entire bin of leggings from past lines will magically appear.

robmab719
08-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Yep, I've bought ALL the ruffle cuff pants so far! lol

How about the solid velour leggings? Anyone have experience with those? Do they hold up okay for a crawling baby?

LucyG
08-17-2004, 03:16 PM
I've seen lots of cute leggings and tops for babies/toddlers at Kohl's. I'm not sure if you live near that store, but I can always find good deals there, for even less than what you said you'd be willing to pay. I can't comment on the quality, as the ones I have for my DD are for this year.

arcoe
08-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Robyn-

Unfortunately my store packed all of the leggings away that they had out from the older lines to make room for the new lines. If I see them pop up again, I'll definitely let you know.

Robin