PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about Naartjie - sorry!

kalebsmama
08-17-2004, 03:59 PM
I know this has been asked before, but I'm having a hard time deciding what size to get for DD. She is 10months old, 28-29 inches, and about 19-20lbs.
I had avoided all the Naartjie posts until we adopted her last month. Now, after seeing all your adorable pictures, I have to have some!
Not sure what is still available, but I will give it a try.
TIA!!

jpang
08-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi, Jan,

My DD is also 10 months old, a little shorter than yours, same weight. Of the Boho stuff, I've been buying leggings in size 6 to 12 months, and they are still a little long for her. For dresses and tops, I've been buying 12-18 month sizing. That looks like a good fit, with enough room to last the next couple of months.

HTH!

Buffys Mommy
08-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Jan,

I've bought the same as Janice. DD was 19lbs and 28 inches at her nine month. In Boho I bought 12-18 tops and 6-12 pants. She was able to wiggle out of the 6-12 pants yesterday. They are still a little long too.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

kalebsmama
08-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks Janice! (great name!)
It is still hot here for awhile so I'm guessing we won't need these for a couple of months. Do you think I should go up a size to last all fall - into winter?
Thanks again!

jpang
08-17-2004, 08:21 PM
LOL it took me *way* to long to get the great name comment.

I'm not sure on sizing up a size more for fall/winter. I'd worry that the pants, especially, would be huge. I am planning for DD to wear these things in the beginning part of fall (SEPT OCT NOV). I think there will be plenty of room for her, especially in the pants and dresses. Sorry not much help here.

dules
08-17-2004, 11:11 PM
I guess I'm the odd one out here. My DD is a little shorter and lighter (younger though!) and I've bought her 12-18s in the pants and 18-24s in most tops (the Holland Flower tops were fine in 12-18). I am planning for her to wear these starting in October-November and through the winter.

I may have guessed wrong, in which case I'm stocked up for early Spring, lol.

I will say that the Boho tops in 18-24 give a little growing room without being hopelessly oversized if she were to wear one today.

Best,
Mary