PDA

View Full Version : We're going to Maine next week - where should I shop?

ginamlee
08-18-2004, 01:09 AM
I know there is an LL Bean outlet and a Hanna Andersson outlet. Any other outlets I should check out?

rrosen
08-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Well, LLBean is in Freeport. There is a retail store and an outlet. Freeport has lots of other outlets too (Polo, Gap etc)

Hanna is in Kittery. There is a Hartstrings outlet right near the Hanna outlet.

Have fun in Maine!

ktdid74
08-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi Gina- I'm right outside of Portland- where are you headed to? I would definitely stop in Freeport- lots of great outlets plus you have to go to LL Bean!! HA is in Kittery and it's worth a stop. Just be prepared for bad traffic in both cities! There are also Coach, Timberland, Crate and Barrel outlets (plus tons of others) Hope you have a great trip.

kelly ann
08-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Gina-

We are going to Maine next week as well for vacation. I am making a stop in Kittery only for the Hanna outlet. I am going to shop while DH has lunch with DS. I figure I really don't need to eat lunch, right?

We are planning to hit both the retail and factory store of LL Bean as well as a Patagonia store and The North Face store. I think there is a Cuddledown of Maine store that I may want to visit.

Did you get a BBB pin? If so, maybe we will spot each other ;)

ginamlee
08-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

We'll be staying in the city of Southwest Harbor, which is about 15 minutes from Bar Harbor and essentially on the border of Acadia National Park.

We're driving up from Ohio, so we can make several stops. (Cool - a North Face store! I love their jackets and we have many...)

I don't have a BBB pin. I didn't know one existed! If they were discussed here, I must have missed it. I usually only visit Layette and Diaper Bags. :)

kelly ann
08-18-2004, 02:41 PM
The pin was mainly discussed in the lounge. It was a way for fellow members to identify each other when in public and it turned out to be a sucessful fundraiser for a very sick little boy. You have to get to the other forums! I have been on the boards for a couple of years now, but only ventured over to the lounge within the last few months. It is a great forum since it moves fast and so many different things are discussed.

Have a great time in Maine. You will have to post about your purchases once you come home.

See you in the lounge :)