PDA

View Full Version : Fess Up! Letting your kid wear special clothes

kransden
08-18-2004, 04:07 PM
I have a pair of white pants from the gymboree leaping lily pad line for dd. I adore them and I have never let her wear them because I know they will be ruined almost instantly. I know time is running out and she won't be able to wear them soon, but I can't bring myself to let her wear them. I ALWAYS have some lame excuse - it's a school day, it might rain etc. Does anybody else do this? What is wrong with me?

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

AdoptChina
08-18-2004, 04:10 PM
I have avoided buying DD any white skirts/pants/shorts b/c I know I would be just like you lol
I say put them on just for a picture, then sell them on ebay lol

pcottrell
08-18-2004, 04:24 PM
I can very much relate...
My daughter is such a messy girl and has ruined so many gymbo and boutique outfits with her wreckless ways that I am very paranoid about what I let her wear. Right now I have many items that still have the tags on because I am afraid that she will destroy them. I am waiting to let her wear them when I can supervise her every move, so that she does not mess them up!! I literally dress her according to the lunch menu (no nice clothes on spaghetti or pizza day)! I just can not understand how my blood related daughter could have such disreguard for fashion!! I don't think there is anything wrong with you--we are just slaves to cute clothes and trying to protect our investments all at the same time!!

Paige

sntm
08-18-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm the opposite -- if I'm going to pay that much, he's going to wear it lots! I just use lots of stain removers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 14 months and counting

momathome
08-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I feel that way to a certain degree but then I get annoyed when I realize that one of their pricey outfits was only worn once or twice. Then I just put the stuff on them and kill it with oxiclean if disaster strikes. I have the little white shorts and shirt from Leaping Lillypads for Kasey and it is one of my favorite outfits on her - as long as she is not going to be outside rolling in the mud, I put it on her. Take the plunge - I am sure she will look adorable!