PDA

View Full Version : Another Hanna sizing/baby growth question

Judegirl
08-18-2004, 04:17 PM
...before I fall in love with new Hanna lines, I thought I'd better check this out with you guys.

DD is comfortably in 60s in zippers, but snapsuits and jeepers are too short for her in 60 (she's long-torsoed.) She's about 16 1/2 lbs and around 25 1/2 inches long. She's been gaining about 2 pounds and one inch a month since birth, but I think it's supposed to slow down for breastfed babies after 3 months?

I've been buying her winter stuff in 70s. Will that be too small? 80s seem huge...do we have awhile to go before she's in those?

TIA!
Jude

daisymommy
08-18-2004, 04:25 PM
I think Hanna's run big and roomy. Joshua is 2 years old, weighs 30 lbs, and is 33" tall. He is what I would consider a "football player size kid" :) He wears a 2T-3T in regular clothing (the size past 18-24 months), and still comfortably fits in Hannas size 80. So, I think it will be a looong time till she fits into 80's! I'd go with the 70's.

stillplayswithbarbies
08-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Logan is long torsoed too, and she wore 70s last winter. Hanna has more torso length than other brands, in my experience. I'd go with the 70s and then change to 80s for Spring.

I think 80 is supposed to be like a 12-18 or 18-24 month size, but it's more like 6-24 month in some things.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

wagner36
08-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Charlie was born on 5/26/03, so he's just under a year older than your DD. He has consistently been way off the charts for height, and 75% in weight.

Charlie wore 70 Jeepers comfortably from about October (when I bought my first Hanna's) until about April. He just stopped wearing 70's in zippers last month (he was spanning 3 sizes - 70's though 90's) when the arms started to bother him. I got a bunch of new ones in size 80/90 for 7.50 at the outlet, so we finally put the 70's away. That's how I justify buying zippers at full price - DS wore the same 5 70's zippers from October until July!! They still look great, and no other item of clothing has held up nearly as well, or as long. He went through about 8 pairs and two sizes of gap pajamas in the same time period.

I'm having the same problem with C and sizing. I bought a TON of stuff last year at the huge sale after Christmas - all in size 90. I have no doubt that he'll be in 90's soon, since some of the 80's stuff is getting a little short (only the one pieces though - pants and tops are still okay in the 80's) and now I worry that I'm going to have an 80's shortage. The 90's long sleeve boxy tees are still quite big. I don't want to buy too much 80's stuff now, but I also don't want him wearing gigantic shirts all fall. I also overbought 90's for summer outfits - I hope he's still wearing 90's next summer, but I digress.

I would buy 70's for winter, but pick up a few extra Jeepers in 80's at the after x-mas sale or next code/discount. That way you'll have the 70's for fall, but if you are still cold in March or April, you'll have some 80's for the transition-to-spring months!