PDA

View Full Version : New Janie and Jack store

hlkm2e
08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
I've been sending my Mom on wild shopping trips to Janie and Jack in Tampa for my dd. I noticed a new store is coming to my city (Columbus, Ohio) on the website. I called them and they said 1-2 months, just before my dd birthday and Christmas!

stacyleigh
08-24-2004, 01:53 AM
i just saw this and wanted to say HI! i am in columbus too and assume you are talking about the new polaris location!! i am so excited for it!! :)

ddmarsh
08-24-2004, 08:10 AM
There's also a new one in Cleveland at the new Legacy mall (outdoor style like Easton) if you ever get up that way :).

mollyi
08-24-2004, 09:17 AM
That is exciting news!! We are in Dayton, but my SIL lives quite close to Polaris so we often stop there to shop when we visit. I really like J&J clothes for Andy - especially as I have been finding the Gymboree options for him to be dreadful lately!

hlkm2e
08-24-2004, 09:33 AM
I called Janie and Jack and they said it is scheduled to open Aug. 26, but could be a week or so later. I can't wait. My Mom is coming in this week with some things from the Tampa store, just the sale stuff because I can shop for the new stuff here! Hey Stacy, maybe I'll see you there. My dd is just 12 days younger than yours. 11/20/03.

urbanmama
08-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi! I sent you a PM. Did you receive it?

How wierd is this?-- I'm in Columbus too and my mom also lives in Tampa. The last time I was there I had to go to the International Mall just so I could go to Janie & Jack. I'm so glad that we are getting one here! I saw the unveiling of the storefront the other day. It is on the first floor next to the play area.

Marie

urbanmama
08-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi, Stacy! I'm in Columbus too! I thought I was the only one from this area on the board. Glad to know that I have company!!

Marie

hlkm2e
08-24-2004, 10:31 AM
I just got the PM today. I am new to this and didn't know about the PM thing. But, I saw the line that said "you have a message" this morning.
Thanks for the info on where the store is, I can't wait to check it out.
The clothes are awefully expensive, but it will be much easier to hunt down sales when you can actually go to the store in person.

stacyleigh
08-24-2004, 11:36 AM
heidi and marie~maybe we could meet up there one day once it opens!! :) how neat to have other columbus girls here!!

hlkm2e
08-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Sounds like fun. One of us should post a message once we know it is open for sure.

kalebsmama
08-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey Everyone! There are quite a few of us in the area! Chanda (AugustMom) planned a get-together in May for us. Only 3 of us could be there, but it was fun. We hope to be able to plan another outing so more can come.
If anyone wants to PM me with your email address, I can forward it to Chanda so you can be notified if anything gets arranged. Maybe a trip to the zoo? Or Polaris, for shopping!
I'm actually in Dayton. Molly - what part of town are you in? My DS is only 2 days younger than yours!

bluej
08-24-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm also in the Dayton region! Very new to the area and still trying to figure everything out. So fill me in on this Polaris mall, what all does it have?

urbanmama
08-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Sounds great!!

Stacy, I have two girls too. Mine are 4 and 16 months. If you get a chance, PM me and let me know what part of town you live in. I might want to talk schools with you!

Marie

hlkm2e
08-24-2004, 01:01 PM
I want to PM you. but I don't know how. Can anyone help?

urbanmama
08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Jen!! I didn't know you are in Dayton.

Hmmm... the Polaris Fashion mall is in the northern part of Columbus. It is very new (opened October 2002). It has a lot of upscale stores-- Lord & Taylor, Saks, Coach, Adrienne Vittadini, Talbots, Williams-Sonoma, etc. Plus, it has Gymboree, Baby Gap, Stride Rite, Oilily and now Janie & Jack!! It's a great mall!! We also have Easton Town Center which is also VERY nice. It isn't far from Polaris. Finally, there is a little mall in Worthington (called Worthington Mall, appropriately) that has some specialty children's boutiques, a great independent children's shoe store and Talbots Kids.

You'll have to come up sometime!!

Marie

urbanmama
08-24-2004, 01:08 PM
I pm'd you!!

Marie

kalebsmama
08-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Click on my username, then at the bottom of my info it says "send a private message"
I just enabled my profile, which helps! I would put my email here, but it has my last name in it!

mary b
08-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Jen,
Welcome to the area!!! I am in West Chester, Ohio (probably about 30-45 minutes from you). I missed the May get together that Jan is talking about but I know we talked about doing something again in Fall.. Chanda (August Mom) is from Columbus.

Polaris is a mall in Columbus (probably about an hour from you.

Welcome again and let me know if I can help with anything. I hope you like the area, the Midwest is VERY friendly typically. Where were you living at previously?
Mary
Mom to Noelle and Lindsey

bluej
08-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome ladies! I've been here for about two weeks. Moved from Minnesota. We lived here, hmmm, about nine years ago for two years. Seems like a lot has changed since then. Sounds like I'll definitely need to head to Columbus for some shopping!

stacyleigh
08-24-2004, 01:34 PM
marie~i love the worthington mall. it is so quite and peaceful. i wish they had a few more good stores there though. i love, love that shoe store and plan to go there later this week to get lucys first pair of robeez~she has been barefoot all summer! :)

urbanmama
08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Stacy,

I agree. That mall is so pleasant, but unfortunately there are not a lot of stores. That shoe store (Oliver Kleban) is so great. I've spent quite a bit of time talking to the owners (husband and wife). They are both so nice. My 4 year old loves going there and playing in the playhouse. We also love the toy store, visiting the fountain and going to Talbots Kids. There is also a new children's store down the back wing (can't remember the name). They have a HUGE selection of handmade hair bows!!

I prefer to buy Robeez at Oliver Kleban's because I like to support small businesses, but if you don't find what you're looking for, Nordstrom's has a pretty good selection too!

Marie

kalebsmama
08-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi Jen! Welcome to Dayton! I've been her for 18 years now. Shopping here is just ok but Columbus and Cincinnati both have great choices and neither are that far away.
Send me a PM if you want and let me know where you are. I'd be happy to tell you the fun places we like to hang out!

kalebsmama
08-24-2004, 04:51 PM
I got your PM's and sent you one back! Looking forward to having another Ohio BBB get-together!

kalebsmama
08-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Marie,
I really like Oliver Kleban too. My DS didn't want to leave the last time we were there! I will have to go there soon since I have a store credit to use.

urbanmama
08-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Jan,

Isn't that a great shoe store? My DD's were the same way. They had so much fun there that I had to drag them out! It is so nice that they are able to keep occupied so that I can browse a little.

I have to head back soon too. I have a pair of shoes that I'm going to exchange for something else.

Marie

mollyi
08-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi Jan - we live in Bellbrook - I have lived in the area since 1988 when I came here to go to school at UD.

Welcome to the Dayton area, Jen! I really think it is a nice place to live and a great area to raise a family in. The shopping in Dayton, however, is not so great!! I love both Easton and Polaris in Columbus. I have never been to the Worthington Mall - I will have to check that out next time I am in Columbus!! I do enjoy going to Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati - about a 50 minute drive from my house, so closer for me than the Columbus malls. They have Pottery Barn Kids, Janie and Jack, and Talbot's Kids - 3 stores that I wish we had in Dayton. :)