PDA

View Full Version : Do LE knit dresses sell out quickly?

LucyG
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
There are a couple that I really like (for toddler/little girls), but I'm debating on whether or not to hold out for them to appear on LE overstocks later this season. About how long after a new season's catalog comes out do products move to overstocks? I imagine the more popular items and colors never get there, which makes me wonder about waiting. Those who have bought the LE knit dresses before (very Hanna-ish this season, some of them :-)), what do you think? Do they go fast?

Kimberly H
08-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Lucy, my sister sent me 8 of them this spring from the LE Overstocks page, hoping they'd fit Mia. They're too small for this fall so they go to friends. I think she paid around $2/piece.

I'm holding out for at least a sale!

Marisa6826
08-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Lucy-

I PM'd you

-m

LucyG
08-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks, Marisa! I emailed you back!

brubeck
08-18-2004, 10:06 PM
The bad news: there is a big shift to Overstocks only twice a year.

The good news: pretty much everything DOES get to Overstocks. You have to check it religiously and buy it the moment it shows up to get popular sizes, but it does show up.

If there are a few patterns you like and you don't have your heart set on ONE I'd recommend waiting. But just to warn you, the Fall/Winter stuff doesn't go on Overstocks until January. The summer stuff just came on a couple of weeks ago.

LucyG
08-19-2004, 07:26 AM
Thanks, Helen! That's good news for me, actually, as I'd be buying for next year. By January, I'll have a better idea of her size for next fall. There is one dress that I really like, though, so I may splurge and get it now.