PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie's new line (link to pics)

friedmana1
08-18-2004, 08:53 PM
All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is beautiful. I think I am a naartjie convert - almost no gymbo for me, even with COF. And new Hanna lines come out tomorrow... UGH!

Link from naartjie loop I am on:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v62/kimmyheil/new%20line/

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

AvasMama
08-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks for posting these! Love it! I am not into the butterflies as much, but that orange plaid dress & leggings are GORGEOUS! So pretty for fall! I love that hoodie -- wonder if they'll have that for baby girl? The striped leggings and cord jumper were cute too!

Robyn & Ava

iluvmy2boys
08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
WHAT?! No boys pic?!

well hrrmmmppphhh! *pout*

the girls stuff looks BEAUTIFUL though! soooo cute!

urbanmama
08-18-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm not loving the butterflies, but some of it is cute. I'm just so scared to try anymore Naartjie though. I only ended up keeping 2 outfits (that I like okay; I felt like I had to keep something) and sent back $350 worth of stuff today. I spent $21 just to send it back!!! That could've been another pair of pants. I really want to like Naartjie, but it just isn't working out for us. I'm so bummed!

Marie

parkersmama
08-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Very, very cute!!! I really like the butterfly dress with striped leggings and also the orange plaid dress is *definitely* coming to live with us! :) Thanks for posting the pics!

riostoker
08-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Kim said the boys' stuff and the layette wasn't out in the store yet.

ann

younhiekim
08-18-2004, 10:34 PM
OMG, how GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I am such the Naartjie convert; I went to Gymbo today, and all I got there were socks, the Zebra tight and a pair of velour leggings. I figured that Naartjie and Hanna would have more things that I'd fall in love w/, and I was right!

Thanks for sharing the link!

Katied
08-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks for posting these pic's. I LOVE the new line! I think the butterfly pieces are very cute. I really loved the orange? butterfly babygrow? romper especially for a little baby! Too cute!

JenCA
08-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Wow, I am in LOVE with the yellow and blue butterfly top and pants! Oh, and that red/white hoodie is TDF. I have to go to the mall tomorrow to pick up a pair of Robeez at Nordstrom, so I think I will have to pop into Naartjie and see what I can find! ;)

lrucci
08-19-2004, 01:48 AM
As of today (Wed), not all the stores have received the newest fall line. Apparently it was held up in customs. The Brea store definitely has the new line - that is where those pics were taken.

I'm jealous that you can "pop" in to a store. If you do get to see the new lines IRL, let us know what you think.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

lrucci
08-19-2004, 01:49 AM
I love the plaid dress and the babygrows. Not sure about the butterfly stuff. I really wish I lived near a store. SIGH

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

JenCA
08-19-2004, 02:19 AM
Ah, thanks for the heads up. It might not be a bad idea if my store doesn't have the new fall stuff in yet. ;) If it is in, I will definitely post my observations!

heidi_timms
08-19-2004, 02:39 AM
Okay, I'm loving the plaid skirt, but I wonder if it's going to be in baby girl. I also love those multi-striped leggings. Looks like I'm not spending as much at Gymbo this season!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Imperia
08-19-2004, 07:41 AM
I like the plaid...I don't like the butterfly stuff. I dunno it's a little cutesy for Naartjie (IMO) plus someone recently ruined butterflies for me on children's clothes by telling me something strange. So, now no more butterflies for me.

Imperia

Katied
08-19-2004, 09:04 AM
I just saw another thing I really liked...The cord rompers! Very cute. I doubt I'll be getting any though since Sophie is only 2 months old. Maybe when they go on sale I'll pick one up for next fall :)

mum to chloe
08-19-2004, 09:33 AM
What's strange about butterflies???? Please share
As for the new line, I know I'm in the minority here but I'm just not crazy about it.
Sue :)

AdoptChina
08-19-2004, 09:56 AM
yeah, fess up lol

I actually like the butterfly dress with striped leggings, but not wild about the shirt
The plaid dress is tooooooo cute!

Imperia
08-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Are you guys sure you want to know? I didn't post it because it's actually pretty depressing. I mean it really ruined butterflies for me. If I do post it I guess I could do a spoiler.

Imperia

mum1day
08-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Would love to know...

Imperia
08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
PLEASE DO NOT read this if you do not wish to know. It is a very NEGATIVE meaning, and I do not wish to spoil it for anyone accidently.

@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@

OK SPOILER COMING UP

A woman I was talking with the other day told me she couldn't bear butterflies on children's clothing (we were talking about Gymbo and she was saying she didn't like Folk Song or Indian Summer.) I asked her why not. She is an L & D nurse and she said butterflies have a very sad meaning in the context of her work. She went on to say that they are a medical symbol for fetal demise and miscarriage. She said she gets choked up whenever she sees babies wearing clothes with butterflies on them. I thought this was SO sad, and it just ruined them for me. I know this is probably supposed to be a positive symbol for hope, but it just got to me. I hope it doesn't for anyone else who happens to read this.

Imperia

JenCA
08-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks for posting, I was curious! That's sad, but it didn't ruin butterflies on children's clothing (or accessories) for me.

JenCA
08-19-2004, 05:44 PM
DD and I stopped by Naartjie today, and they were making room for the new shipment, but it had not yet arrived. They told me the same thing--that the shipment had been held up at customs and they weren't sure when it was coming (but said it would be soon). They extended the 15% discount to me today (even though the new lines weren't in), but I was really good and didn't buy anything. :)

mum1day
08-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Oh, that makes me so sad too. I will not be putting my DD in butterflies-EVER.
:(

I appreciate you sharing that little piece of info. I'm glad you did.

Natasha

pamela mom of 3
08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Well that is different! not heard of that before..is this something unique that this place she works at does?

I still love butterflies though, their so pretty! :)

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

younhiekim
08-19-2004, 10:42 PM
That's interesting.

I googled it, and only came up w/ this quote:

"Develop a symbol such as a butterfly, teardrop, purple sticker, etc. for surviving childrens' charts and isolettes that indicate he/she is a surviving multiple."

I got it from an article for the medical profession on protocol for prenatal and neonatal death w/ multiples. Here's the site:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:bWEWA8hWLIQJ:www.synspectrum.com/protocol2000.doc+butterfly+medical+symbol+fetal+de mise+miscarriage&hl=en

Other than this site, I didn't come up w/ anything else. I'll also ask my sister (she's a nurse) about this.

It doesn't ruin butterflies for me, though. B/c I haven't been surrounded w/ the butterfly-fetal death association in my daily life, I can't really connect the two, YKWIM?

Anyway, thanks for sharing! It's very interesting.

friedmana1
08-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Wow! I didn't know that! I still think the line is SO cute, but now I am feeling a bit weird about it.
Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

AdoptChina
08-20-2004, 01:43 AM
I never heard of that before. That is really sad. I personally have some good beliefs about butterflies so as far as clothing goes, Im okay with it. But I could certainly see how that nurse would be upset