PDA

View Full Version : Preschoolians... Big footed baby

samwyatt
08-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Hi Everyone,
I've been reading feverishly to get some deals but hardly ever have time to post. I ended up getting some of the preschoolians w/ the 68% off code. They are SOOOOO cute, I just love them. My problem is this, my fatfooted baby is only 6mos old and is already in the 18's. I would REALLY like to see the Look Who's Crawling line expanded to at least carry a 19... possibly even a 20. We live in Maine and with winter approaching, I know Jordan won't be "walking" outside even once she learns how until April or May of next year. I mean... I'll buy Robeez or shoo shoos for the bigger sizes, but I just don't want the rubber sole... my other OBSESSION is slings and babywearing. I must have 15+ slings and rubber shoes get caught on them...

So, since I know preschoolians is a very customer service oriented company, I thought if there were more people than just me requesting the LWC line to include at least a 19 that it might get done!

Anyone else???

TIA,
Amber mom to Sam 7/94, Wyatt 11/97 & Jordan 1/04

iluvmy2boys
08-19-2004, 10:30 AM
would even the Watch Me Stand style get caught up? It has a rubber sole, but it's INCREDIBLY flexible!

I'm trying to talk Jeff into starting the production of BIGGER sizes in the SYL category (like up to 30!) and I told him it'd be really nice if their new Zip-up WMS style shoes were available up to 30s as well. I LOVE the designs, etc!

samwyatt
08-19-2004, 01:23 PM
>would even the Watch Me Stand style get caught up? It has a
>rubber sole, but it's INCREDIBLY flexible!
>

I think it would get caught... not because of the flex properties, but because of the stickiness factor.. rubber had a little bit of stickiness to it... if you know what I mean...

So... if any of you would be interested in the LWC in larger sizes PLEASE email Jeff. I think he would eventually respond to his customers wants.

Thanks again,

Amber
Mom to Sam 7/94, Wyatt 11/97 and Jordan 1/04

iluvmy2boys
08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
My best piece of advice would be to buy a pair ... if you find you're having problems with them, then send them back for a full refund (and they send you a prepaid priority mail envelope, all you do is put it in your mailbox! So easy!)

AdoptChina
08-19-2004, 01:32 PM
somewhat related........Ive noticed that when Connor wears his WMS tan shoes, his feet get soooo wet....to the point that his toes are all wrinkly like he's been in the tub too long. Anyone else have this happen?
Hasn't happened in his Shoo-shoos or Robeez. Just got some Stride Rite's and haven't tried those yet

iluvmy2boys
08-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Have you washed them?

I'd been told to wash teh shoes when that happens and it lessened the problem dramaticially!

Does he wear socks with his shoes? You may need to find a higher percentage of cotton sock.

I would ask Jeff LOL 9that's my answer for everything)

AdoptChina
08-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Actually I haven't washed them....maybe I'll try that. I think he only has a short time left in them anyway, he just grew from a 5 to a 5.5 (which is why I bought the Stride Rites last night )

I was tempted to order another Preschoolians in a 21 but was worried about the sweat issue lol

iluvmy2boys
08-19-2004, 01:54 PM
I think washing them increases the breathability in them ....

I could be talking about my butt too, who knows! ;) LOL

But I do believe that washing them helps quite a bit. Also watch the socks he wears that could be contributing to it as well.

Pipersmamma
08-19-2004, 01:56 PM
The Preschoolians do come with a tag about washing them that says that baby feet sweat much more than adult feet and that if you wash and dry the shoes it allows the leather to open and breathe a bit more, helping the sweaty feet issue.

AdoptChina
08-19-2004, 02:11 PM
thanks ladies
I suppose if I READ the tags Id know this lol. But after Connor got a hold of it, it was a soggy, squishy mess of a tag :)

As far as his socks, he wears Children's Place and Gap ones, and we havent had a problem with them in his other shoes. Im still on the fence about returning the Stride Rites and getting another Preschoolians.....maybe I'll just order them and then compare when they get here.

ktdid74
08-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi Amber- I just wanted to say hi cause I saw that you're from Maine. There are 3 of us on the boards from Maine so it's nice to "see" someone else! Are you in southern Maine? Good luck with the shoe search- we love our Preschoolians!

samwyatt
08-19-2004, 05:30 PM
>Hi Amber- I just wanted to say hi cause I saw that you're
>from Maine. There are 3 of us on the boards from Maine so it's
>nice to "see" someone else! Are you in southern Maine? Good
>luck with the shoe search- we love our Preschoolians!

Hi Katie,
Yes, I'm sort of in Southern Maine. I'm one town away from Freeport (LL Bean)! I like to go to Kittery sometimes, but it can be hard to get down there.

Amber
Mom to Sam 7/94, Wyatt 11/97 & Jordan 1/04