PDA

View Full Version : Best way to hang up pants? **UPDATE**

iluvmy2boys
08-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Ok first off, I took pics of Holden's closet... it's SHAMEFUL gals! Even more so when you consider what all I want whenever the BBB discount comes through (oh how I hope it's like 30% + free shipping! LOL) I'll post those pics when I go back upstairs (downstairs on my laptop and I have no way of uploading the pics to this machine).

Now for my question - what is the best way to hang up pants? Right now I have them folded over the bottom part of the hanger, but they seem to take up so much room that way! What I really need is pant hangers or something but I have no idea where to find those (and for cheap, the expensive clothes and cheapy hangers, thats me LOL). My other thought was to use plastic clothespins to do the same kinda thing, but would that work?

Any other suggestions? They're just really bulky when folded in half over the hanger.

Thanks!

jec2
08-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Maybe try lillianvernon.com or thecontainerstore.com Maybe something like this http://tinyurl.com/4mcf3

You could get one of those hanging canvas sweater holders (with 4 or so "shelves") and fold his pants.

I usually put DS's pants folded in his dresser drawer.

parkersmama
08-20-2004, 03:02 PM
I only hang things while they are new so that I can scan the current selections easily! LOL! I use those plastic tube hangers (like 10 for $1.50) from Target or WalMart. I buy the add-on clips that turn them into pants hangers and hang outfits together. I hang the pants on the clips from the waist and then put the shirt/sweater over top. If there are socks or tights to go with it, I use the little hanging thingy on the socks (that they use to hang them in the store) and hang it around the neck of the hanger. This works pretty good and has the added benefit that you can see the bottom of the pants hanging from under the shirt so you know what the whole outfit looks like.

iluvmy2boys
08-20-2004, 03:06 PM
do you get the add-on clips from walmart/target too? That's what I'm really looking for ... we have so many plastic tube hangers that it doesn't make sense to go out and buy different hangers! LOL Plus I like your idea of hangings pants togehter with the shirt! :)

amp
08-20-2004, 03:13 PM
I bought some of the clips at Target. Unfortunately, the clips don't stay put when I use them. Rather they slide around the hanger. I'm not entirely pleased, but oh well. I kept one hanger that came with a pair of pants I got at Gap or Oshkosh or something and that might be the way I go from now on.

iujen94
08-20-2004, 05:05 PM
I haven't seen the special "clips," but I use the same concept by using clothespins. I bought a bag of 25 plastic clothespins at Target for something like $2. I looked all over for "kid-sized" pant hangers, but the only thing I found (from some specialty internet hanger store) was ridiculously expensive - $4 or $5 a piece or something that I wouldn't even consider paying. The clothespins work fine and I just clip the pants right onto the plastic hanger.

parkersmama
08-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah, the add-on clips came from Target. Unfortunately, they are a bit more expensive than the hangers! Maybe 4 clips for $2-3? Also, when you look at them, try to get ones where the connector part of the clip is metal rather than plastic (you'll understand when you look at them). I've had bad luck with the plastic connector parts breaking.

emmiem
08-20-2004, 08:18 PM
You can buy pants hangers at Target that have the clips on and they stay put. Look in the regular hanger section. I have used them for years.
Michele

MelissaTC
08-20-2004, 08:23 PM
He looks so cute and grownup! Jacob is too cute!

iluvmy2boys
08-20-2004, 08:25 PM
haha!

Thanks so much! I'm gonna look tomorrow when I go to the mall (to get my hair colored, though rest assured, I will be stopping in at gapkids to see if any new stuff is in and of course, Gymboree - also gonna stop at Stride-Rite because I want to get Holden a boot type shoe for this fall that will go with all of his Hanna stuff.... white tennis shoes won't cut it, neither will brown dress shoes. I'm thinking a navy boot?

And yes, we have a Target inside our mall! LOL

LD92599
08-20-2004, 09:02 PM
I've found a 3 pack of the plastic hangers w/ clips at Buy Buy Baby for $1.99. I think I also saw them in Baby Depot/Burlington Coat for the same price.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

iluvmy2boys
08-26-2004, 09:04 AM
I was able to find kid-sized pant hangers at Walmart - 3 hangers in a pack for $1.25! So I bought 2 packs of each color (there were 3)!!

Thanks so much ladies for your suggestions!

lampes
08-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Your big wardrobe may justify the purchase of plastic hangers in bulk. We bought 100 plastic hangers with clips for around $50 from www.hangersdirect.com. It was a great investment. You could probably sell excess on EBay or split them with another BBB board member. The other thing that I like is that having all the hangers match really makes the closet look organized.

Here's a pic of the hangers in Lily's closet.

http://www.lilylpod.com/ebay/hangers1.jpg

amp
08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Melissa - I missed this last week, but thank you sooo much! He is growing up too fast, which I know you have also been lamenting of late! I love seeing your "terrific twoster" laughing in his avatar each day!

mclianne
08-26-2004, 12:06 PM
hmmm, so organized! wish our closet looked that way!