PDA

View Full Version : Hanna experts, question about outlets

steph2003
08-20-2004, 04:13 PM
What kinds of things can you expect to find at the outlets? I mean I know it obviously varies week to week but is it last season's stuff mostly? overstock stuff? slightly imperfect stuff? The reason I ask is I have two friends traveling near outlets (one going to Washington & one to the Maine outlet) & I'm going to give them "wishlists" but I don't know where to even start since I'm fairly new to this Hanna thing & I only have the summer catalog.

Thanks in advance!

steph2003
08-23-2004, 10:23 AM
bump

I'm hoping someone will see this & can help out!!!!

dules
08-23-2004, 10:53 AM
I have not been but I have called the outlets looking for things. The first time was when DD and I were housebound (she was a newborn and it was unbelievably cold out, plus flu season) and I called one of the outlets and basically said "I have my credit card ready and want some cute clothes for my new baby girl. What do you have in a 60?" and the sales person just went wild. I had a catalog in hand (DD sleeping on my shoulder) and we went through and picked things.

Most stuff was on sale, but they did have some current stuff (baby basics, etc.) at regular prices.

This experience made me love Hanna even more than I had before (had always given Zippers and pilot caps as baby gifts before).

Don't know if that helps, but you might try giving a call (just aim for a weekday, not so busy time).

Best,
Mary

amp
08-23-2004, 11:48 AM
I was just at a Hanna outlet and bought a few things. I don't know the current lines/colors that well, but I know that at least the short romper I bought and the sweat pants I bought were current. The long zippers are always available, but the colors may not be, I'm not sure. And one was considered imperfect, but to be honest, I haven't found the flaw yet, so no big deal to me. When I was there they did not have any of the new line in and the sales person told me they weren't likely to have it until Sept., or at least closer to it. You might call them and ask (as another person suggested) what they have in the size you are looking for, and what they are expecting by the time your friends will be shopping. I've heard they are great with helping you shop by phone.

khakismom
08-23-2004, 12:10 PM
I've only been to the Hanna outlet in Michigan City, so I don't know if it varies from store to store. But normally, there are some of last year's items that they are trying to clear out, some imperfects--although usually not alot, and then some regular catalog clothes that are actually the same price as the catalog. The deals are usually on last year's items or the imperfects, or if they are having a special sale. Because there have been times that I've walked in and walked right back out because there were no deals to be had. And then other times, I walked out loaded with stuff. It's all timing IMHO.

Hope your friends can find you some good stuff!

karin4
08-23-2004, 01:25 PM
I have an outlet nearby and stop in fairly frequently. Like Maureen, I often walk out with nothing, but sometimes really score. I'd characterize the mix as:
1. mostly last season's or last year's stuff. They do keep in season somewhat-- so right now, you'll find stuff from this spring and summer, but in a few weeks they'll pack that up and it'll be mostly last fall/winter.
2. later in the fall there will be current catalog things-- the stuff they really have a lot of, I think.
3. and there is always one or 2 rounders toward the back of the store with irregulars/samples/returns. Some of these are imperfect, some aren't. Some of the imperfections are obvious, some aren't even discernable!

They always used to have a small selection of baby "classics" from the current catalog (current zippers, cardigans, creepers, snapsuits, wiggle pants) at the same price as in the retail stores and the catalog, but I think my store, at least, has discontinued this.

I agree with PP that calling and putting together an order with a salesperson's help is probably the best way to go. They shouldn't be too busy right now-- I don't think there's a big sale-- but just start the call by asking if they have the time. If you call a few days before your friends will be stopping in, they may just hold it for them to pick up, so you don't have to pay for shipping.

Oh, and even if you've just seen this summer's catalog (and the current fall one), you'll probably be able to have a pretty good idea of what they'll describe-- hanna's styles remain fairly similar from year to year, with just changes in color or details.

HTH!

jpang
08-23-2004, 01:28 PM
I've only been to one outlet once-- and the selection there was really hit-and-miss. For the most part, the prices were the same as the sale stuff online. There were some odds and ends, though, which were much cheaper-- like last year's Christmas print zippers for $18. If I were you, I ask my friends to look for items in whatever size you're looking for-- sweaters and zippers in 80, say. Could they possibly call you when they get there? Or you could call the SAs in advance and ask them to hold stuff for your friends to pick up/ screen for you. The sales staff might have a better idea what is in the store.

Just in case you were curious-- when I went to the outlet, I bought 4 zippers for DD (that was my main mission), and then the Bunny Wants a Carrot set for her (sweater, pants, and cute rabbit-eared hat). The Bunny stuff was significantly discounted, and there were more sizes available in the outlet than there were online.

HTH

steph2003
08-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied! I think I'm going to try to keep it simple LOL & just tell them to look for any deals in size 80s in zippers, rompers, turtle suits/wiggle pants. Since I have a DS there aren't quite as many cute things to be on the look out for!