PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy even more Gymboree?

vikivoly
08-20-2004, 09:20 PM
I already spent $152, but there are a few more things I would really like to get and am afraid to wait until Gymbuck redemption. When I went into the store I told myself that I wouldn't spend more than $150, so I didn't do too bad - I really wanted to keep it to $100. Well I bought a good bit of CAAB and since DD looks so cute in it, I added a few "must have" pieces. First, the shoes. They are so cute and my store was already sold out of her size. Second is the hooded sweater. If I have all the main pieces, the sweater would get a lot of use. Third is the "Cutie" sweatsuit. Since seeing some of the babies in it, I think it is adorable; even though DD has about 4 similar suits, but in very different colors. The last piece calling me is the brown cord jacket. She absolutely does NOT need this, but she could get a lot more wear out of her hat with the jacket- and doesn't she look cute in it! :)

Keeping in mind that I already have 3 gymbucks and most likely the line will be 20% off tops during redemption period, am I better to buy now? I could buy it and then return it if they still have her size left during redemption, but I know I won't do that. I'll keep everything and just buy more during redemption. Even if they don't have a lot during redemption, I'll force myself to redeem every last Gymbuck. Normally I take the chance and wait it out. Very rarely do I miss out on a "must have" piece, but since I shopped at 1:30 pm during the first day of COF and things were already picked over, I'm a little worried.

(sorry for posting this picture twice, but Mama needs to brag a litte!)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11502.jpg

jk3
08-20-2004, 10:02 PM
What a fabulous picture! She's adorable. I think you are a photographer if I remeber correctly-If not, what an amazing shot! She's adorable + I love the color of that outfit.

I don't have a girl so I haven't gotten caught up in the must have Gymbo frenzy but my guess is that if there is an item you have to have, get it. Otherwise, Gymbucks is just around the corner.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

vpalmer
08-20-2004, 10:11 PM
First of all I have to say, oh my goodness, I can not even begin to tell you how absolutely stunning your DD looks in that picture. Seriously, she is beautiful! I love her pose and her grin; it is just a great picture!

Okay, now back to Gymboree. I have the same dilemma. I want the ENTIRE line now! I talked to the sales lady and asked her what items were selling quickly and she said the striped cardigan, orange jumper, striped tights and brown corduroy jacket were the CAAB items going the quickest. The items that really seemed to be going really fast at our store were both of the corduroy jackets. They only had two left of the brown ones (in all baby girl sizes) when I got Eva's jacket. And they were already sold out of the green one in her size! Now they may get more during replenishment and they may not go as fast in your area but that is what the situation was like at my store. I say the striped sweater and sweat suit you could probably wait for, but I am not sure about the jacket.

Veronica
Mom to Eva

urbanmama
08-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Vicki,

What a beauty! And what a great photographer you are! Can you come to my house to snap a few pictures?

If I were you, I'd buy any piece that you are afraid might not make it to Gymbuck redemption or that you'd be heartbroken if you couldn't find later. I'm REALLY loving CAAB so I'm getting everything that I like. My philosophy is to buy it and return it if I decide I don't want it later. I hate losing things that I really wanted.

Marie

khakismom
08-21-2004, 12:14 AM
>My philosophy is to buy it and return it if I decide I don't want it later.

Me too! I promised myself a limit but I REALLY, really want that striped hoodie sweater. I think I may have to go back and get it!

And wow, your DD is gorgeous! What a great color on her, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hat!

parkersmama
08-21-2004, 12:33 AM
She is gorgeous! That color looks so good on her!

I agree with the others...buy now what you would be heart-broken if you didn't get. Leave the rest until GB redemption.

I feel like these lines may be pretty picked over by the time the redemption rolls around because it doesn't even start until SEPTEMBER 30!!! That's 1 1/2 months away! Last time, I had more GB than I had things to purchase with them so I actually threw several away. :)

vikivoly
08-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the comps on the picture. I wasn't sure if DD would look good in orange, but she must take after her mama because I'm a fall girl myself.

I've got a ton of stuff in my hold basket online. I've pretty much talked myself into the sweater. I just need to sneak up to Gymboree without DH realizing I'm buying more and not returning anything. ;)

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Two things tempting me so much:

a) What Denise said, "I feel like these lines may be pretty picked over by the time the redemption rolls around..."

b) How cute all of these kids look in these lines.

I didn't realize you were a pro photographer. That photo is wonderful. DD is definitely stunning.

vikivoly
08-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Well, I got sucked back in to the Gymboree frenzy. I had some size exchanges, but I did end up buying a few more pieces from CAAB. I got the sweater and the velour jumpsuit. It looks like I'll be able to get the cord jacket, since one of you fine ladies on this board has one they are returning. My store was so picked over. They only had 2 orange jumpers and 1 pair of jeans left. I never saw a line fly off the shelves so fast.

I did purchase enough to earn an additional Gymbucks, which brings me to 4 total. I've never had that many before. One thing I didn't realize about the Gymbuck redemption period is it's right around the same time as baby #2's planned arrival. Hopefully everything will go smooth and I'll get to use them on the new baby. I only bought her 3 new outfits so far.

new_mommy25
08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Cute! She's getting so big!

vpalmer
08-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Wow, I can't believe the jeans are selling so quickly! You are right about a line selling quickly. I have never seen it either. Usually pants stick around for a while. It looks like we might be wearing khakis long term with our CAAB clothing if all the pants are gone before redemption time! I am glad Gillian is going to be able to sport the cord jacket and striped sweater this fall too!

Veronica
Mom to Eva

jpang
08-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Vicki,

That is a gorgeous photo of a beautiful little girl. That color is just perfect on her.

mum to chloe
08-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Beautiful photo! Beautiful child!
She looks great (esp.with her little nut brown tan!)
Sue :)