PDA

View Full Version : So, anyone with a Tier 2 or 3 store ... did you get the layette up to 18-24months?

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 10:36 AM
My store said it wasn't coming to them in 18-24months, that it was only available online. Granted, they were the ones who told me the light blue cargo sweats were only available in the UK (NOT, they were an online and tier 1 item only apparently)

I'm going up there today but not til this afternoon, but if there's a chance they might have that hedgehog line in 18-24months, I want to call when they open to have it put on hold for me.

***** YES, the smaller stores DID indeed get the 18-24months in the layette size ***** Now, let's just hope that the 18-24month tops fit Holden!! LOL

reyn74
08-21-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm sure I was in a Tier 2 or 3 store (do you just ask them?), but I did not check for any 18-24m sizes last night, sorry! I got so excited when I saw a pair of the light blue sweats (to go with that car shirt I got), but they were in size 6, and the SA said they were a return. the flame pants were cute, but the sweats would fit my guy a little better.

-Sarah

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Sarah, you can either ask your store what tier they are OR you can look at gymbohaven.com and see if your store is listed there.

What *I* really need to find for my bigger guy is pull-on jeans... but I don't know of anyone that carries them for bigger boys, do you?

Joshuasmommy
08-21-2004, 11:30 AM
I thought the 18-24 month orange shirt with the hedgehog looked big so hopefully it will work.

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 11:40 AM
How bad is it that my 2.5yo can fit in a layette 18-24month size most likely? He can still wear all of his 18-24month/2t tops from gymbo with some room to grow and usually, long sleeve shirts fit him bigger than the short-sleeve shirts do so I'm hopeful!

I can't wait! I had her put the orange shirt w/ hedgehogs, the green pants and the cardigan that came with this line!

I'm so excited, it's not even funny! LOL

parkersmama
08-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Yes! Lands' End has pull-on jeans. They are called "climbers" and they come in different colors and camo. They have a full elastic waist and you can also get them with elastic at the ankles. They are great pants (although they aren't really styled 5-pocket like regular jeans). They carry them up through the much larger sizes. :)

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Thank you Denise!! I just think these kinds of pants might work better for Ashton than other jeans do. though I do plan on buying some regular ole wrangler jeans (we love these jeans!) @ walmart, I think for school, the climbers will work better.

Katied
08-21-2004, 01:26 PM
I bought some shirts for Nate yesterday and the Hedgehog shirt was one of them. He LOVES it! I bought some shirts in 2T and some 18-24. Honestly, they look almost the same size! I think the 2T might be cut a little wider in the shoulders though.

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 02:27 PM
that's good to know Katie!!

I ended up getting Holden the orange hedgehog waffle shirt, the green hedgehog hoodie, the courderoy pants and the flannel zip up shirt, all in 18-24months. I also got him that husky shirt shirt (but in 3t which will be huge til later this winter). I figure it might not fit him all winter, but it should fit at least til christmas time,

I'll post pics when I get home. at the mall getting my hair colored (yes, I have a cellphone w/ web access lol).

Katied
08-21-2004, 02:46 PM
OMG Jenn! You are too funny! On BBB even at the mall :) You ARE obsessed! I can't wait to see pics! I can never get enough.

AdoptChina
08-21-2004, 03:27 PM
We have a tier 3......they DID have the 18-24 layette.......also,
I ended up ordering the light blue cargo sweats from a tier 2 store in Delaware lol

parkersmama
08-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Our store had it, too. I thought that the 18-24 layette clothes looked *huge*!! I didn't get anything but really loved the hedgehog boys line.

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 04:45 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw it Denise .... definitely looks plenty big enough for Holden (I know the pants would fit, I was more worried about the shirt, hoodie and flannel zip-up).

this stuff is SO cute! I can't wait to try it on Holden!

No pictures yet (I tried it on real quick and took it back off before he tried to rip the tags off) but I was able to try the outfit on Holden...

The orange shirt *IS* pretty big .. it fits him like some of the 3t/3 shirts fit! So that is most definitely a keeper. The hoodie, I LOVE it, but I'm not sure it's gonna last til fall, much less INTO fall. I'm not sure what to do. I'll most likely end up returning it ... because it's more like a jacket, (and as y'all seen from Holden's closet, a jacket is NOT something he needs LOL). It's really VERY ADORABLE, but if I'm not gonna get any fall use out of it (and it's way too stinkin' hot here now to wear it) I might as well return it. I'll post pics later and show you what I mean, maybe I'm over-thinking it LOL The zip-up flannel shirt is SOO cute and looks SO cute with the orange shirt underneath. It fits smaller than the orange shirt, but then again, I put it on OVER the shirt (the intention I was planning on) so that could be why. I'm still keeping it. The green cords fit like I thought they would. Slightly big (little short legs Holden has LOL). I'm tempted to go back and buy the overalls (but probably won't since Holden doesn't usually wear overalls) and the onesie. But we'll see.

I'll post pics in another post, later on :)

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok, I think I've made up my mind .. I am returning the hoodie. Holden DOES not need it ... especially since I'm drooling over the jacket from HA and the Chicka Chick line.

I'll still post pics of him in it though ... I just don't think we'll get enough use out of it to warrant keeping it (and I'll lose my gymbuck, but oh well...)