PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so do I wait for a Hanna code?

ast96
08-21-2004, 04:06 PM
I mostly lurk here, but you all have definitely had an impact on my shopping volume. I don't live near a Hanna anymore, but I want some of the new stuff for my two boys. After adding everything to my cart, I had well over $400 worth of clothes pre-shipping, so I whittled it down to around $250. I'm basically giving up a bunch of turtlesuits and any zippers I might have bought in favor of Love a Bug stuff (after weeks of seeing pictures of your kids in it).

I've never used a code before (I have only made one other order,also this board's fault! That time I just got zippers and bold-striped rompers). When can I expect one? Should I place an order now, or wait? I am a newbie. My trigger finger wants to order, but I'm still hurting from the COF travels yesterday! Thank goodness their toddler boy stuff at Gymbo is still NMS, because I bought a lot for my baby boy from Alphabet Soup and Jr. Cowboy.

P.S. -- Does everyone with all the Love a Bug stuff still love it?? I don't really like the Chicka Chick stuff, but I like the colors of Love a Bug a lot.

Allison
DS 06/02
DS 03/04

parkersmama
08-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Allison, I say wait! Even if the BB discount doesn't come through, there will probably be another 20% discount posted by someone not too far down the road. With that large a purchase, even the 20% more than covers the shipping so you come out pretty good.

Melanie
08-21-2004, 08:37 PM
I would wait! However you may not get one personally, but it would definitely get posted here. I, personally, have only received a code with my first purchase in 2003 and it was 15%.

ETA - that was a fairly small order, too. I've spents lots since then and never received a code.

The only time I would really worry about something selling out is when they go to sale. However, if you are very concerned you could always order immediately once the code comes out. Also, sometimes if something sells out, as things get returned you can catch it being put back into stock, on their website, late at night (after 8 or 9 Pacific is when I have noticed it).

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://lilypie.com/baby3/011106/1/2/0/-8/.png

czollmann
08-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Allison,

Definetly wait for a code... hopefully there will be one soon!

I got the love a bug striped pants and a green bean jeepers to go with them and I love them! The colors are great!! I am looking forward to cooler weather so Jack can start wearing them. It is just been to hot to wear yet, plus I got them a little big for him to wear this fall and winter. I also got some red monkey Robeez shoes to go with the outfit and they look so cute together. I have a feeling this will be one of my favorite outfits!

Carol
mom to
Ben (2/02) & Jack (3/04)

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 11:31 PM
you and that green bean jeepers make me sick! ;) LOL J/k!

I really wish I could have gotten that for Holden in his size, but alas, it's sold out (and has been for a while) in 90 :(

czollmann
08-21-2004, 11:44 PM
I am so sorry that you weren't able to get it! :-( Maybe they will bring it back... they should, it is a perfect match!

Carol
mom to
Ben (2/02) & Jack (3/04)

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Hehe ... not a problem :) We'll have plenty of stuff to match with it after I get all the turtlesuits I want!

I wonder if I call any of the Hanna stores if they have it?

ast96
08-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Okay, so I've temporarily curbed my trigger finger and I'm not ordering my Hanna stuff yet. In fact, I went through my COF stuff tonight and actually picked out a lot to take back. I used the BBB trick of going through the boys' closets, and I realized just how much stuff I actually have for this fall already (I bought ahead -- a lot!). So now I have more wiggle room to buy the Hanna stuff.

HOWEVER, I'm really at a loss about sizing. My baby is only 5 months old, but he is over 27+ inches and 18.75 pounds. I have had him in 70s, and he's been comfortable, but I am afraid to buy him 70s for winter (which to us in FL means December-January). Will 80s swallow him? I think I should go with 80s, but I am not sure...

My 26-month-old is 30+ pounds and 37 inches tall (that was what he was two months ago, actually, at his check-up). He's wearing 3Ts in most brands (Jen -- I can't believe you can still get Holden into 18-24 mos. sizes. I am so jealous!). He has been wearing 90s, but do you all think I can keep him in 90s through the winter and into the spring? They fit him fine now, so I think I will go for it. After all, even if he outgrows them I can give them to the baby later.

Thanks, and keep the pictures coming!
Allison
DS 06/02
DS 03/04