PDA

View Full Version : More Gymbo...

parkersmama
08-21-2004, 05:26 PM
:D I went back today and got some other pieces to try out from the two new lines. I think these outfits are better. I will probably return the green jumper and mushroom shirt & leggings and definitely will return the skirt. Somehow I've now ended up with an extra outfit from CAAB...so much for 1 per line! LOL!

This is the button t-neck, the striped hoodie, and striped tights with our Naartjie denim jumper just to get an idea for how it'll look. I think it's pretty cute (especially unzipped!).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11629.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11630.jpg

CAAB tee & button pants:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11631.jpg

Same outfit plus hoodie:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11632.jpg

HAS jeans and basic tee:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11633.jpg

Same jeans with the green basic tee:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11634.jpg

Sorry that the pics aren't really clear. I'm fiddling with the camera and the jpgs trying to get it better but I seem to have trouble posting good, clear pics to this site.

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 05:31 PM
I saw this stuff today when I went into Gymboree, and I totally see it's appeal!! It's SOOOO cute, and so far, it looks VERY cute on all the little girls that I've seen pics of!

Amy Grace, as usual, looks gorgeous in her new clothes and so happy! I love those basic tees with the jeans, sooo cute!!

kthomp
08-21-2004, 05:38 PM
The new outfits look adorable, Denise!

I see you took my advice and got the button ruffle pants. :-) Aren't they cute?

I was motivated to buy the dog sweater after seeing it on AG. I just posted the pics of Ally in it in my original thread.

Katied
08-21-2004, 05:51 PM
I love it all! I think I may need to go back and get a couple more pieces. I want that CAAB shirt w/ the button pants and the HaS basic tee in that pretty blue w/ those stripe leggings!

urbanmama
08-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Very cute, Denise!! I like those combos. I went back to Gymbo today too. I'll try to post some pics later.

Did you decide to get rid of the dog sweater and polka dot pants?

Marie

parkersmama
08-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Oh, no, no!! I'm keeping those! So, at this point I'm keeping the dog sweater/brown cords, blue cord top/navy stripe leggings, button pants/CAAB tee, striped sweater/tights/button t-neck (to go with denim jumper), and HAS jeans/basic tees. Three outfits from CAAB and 2 from HAS. :)

urbanmama
08-21-2004, 06:51 PM
OK-- When you said that you liked these outfits better-- I thought you got rid of the sweater and pants. Did your store have the CAAB jeans when you went today? They aren't my absolute favorites (my favorites were the LHG ones and the WW ones, but for some reason I didn't buy either of them), but I do like them a lot and I'm not sure if any others will come out that I like better and since I bought SO much of this line, I felt like they are a good option.

Marie

lrucci
08-21-2004, 11:59 PM
I love the sweater and tights with the denim jumper. I was going to return my tights, but I think you have convinced me to keep them

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

khakismom
08-22-2004, 12:06 AM
I love the denim on Amy Grace! So cute! And those little mousy jeans are adorable. I do love all the colors in both of these lines. And I still can't get over how much FUN she seems to be having trying all this stuff on. What a doll!

parkersmama
08-22-2004, 12:09 AM
No, my store didn't have the CAAB jeans (still!). I considered having them order them for me from the online store but then I ended up with the button pants and the HAS jeans instead. I really do like the HAS ones...they are very cute and go really well with the blue top that looks so good on her. I loved the WW jeans...AG wore them with the l/s tee with the red whale on it. It was a great outfit! I'm thinking that I need to return the HAS jeans for the 18-24mos. Based on my experience with the EH jeans, I sized down but they fit really well and she could wear them now which isn't good since I'd rather they fit in a couple of months when the weather cools down! Do you think I need to go to the 18-24 in any of the other pants?

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 12:40 AM
That is really strange that your store didn't have the jeans. I wonder why... But the button pants look really cute on AG!!

OK, I went and looked at the pics from this thread and your last one to look at the sizes of your pants. The leggings all look like there is plenty of room. Did you get those in 18-24? The button pants look plenty big too. I agree about the H&S jeans. Someone mentioned in another thread (Vicki, I think) that they were running small. She is sizing up too. The only ones I am unsure about are the brown polka dotted ones. It is just hard to tell in the pictures. They are probably fine. My DD couldn't size up in them, so I'm guessing that AG's are fine too, but I just can't tell by the pictures.

Marie

Imperia
08-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Amy Grace! One of my favourite little models. I LOVE the gymbo with the naartjie pinnie. I love how sheis posing in the second pic, so precious.

Imperia

parkersmama
08-22-2004, 03:27 PM
I held up the HAS jeans to the CAAB brown cords and they were pretty much the same size so I traded them both today for the 18-24mos ones. I think they'll do better. The button pants are 12-18 and long. The leggings I had were 18-24 and pretty long but they are generally okay since they are a bit tighter.

heidi_timms
08-22-2004, 03:39 PM
AG is so good about trying on clothes!!! What a cutie. I love all of your new outfits. I originally wanted the skirt, but since my DD is so short, I ended up with the orange jumper instead.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Hmmm... now you have me worried, Denise. I tried the brown cords on my little one again and they definitely still have room for growth. But when I hold them up to some of her other 12-18 month pants, they are shorter. I think I need to make yet another trip to Gymbo tomorrow to see how the 18-24 month ones will fit her. Did you try them on AG yet?

Marie

parkersmama
08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
No, I didn't try them on. I hope they're not huge! They are the same length as the button pants (in 12-18), though, so I'm hoping they're just a bit long right now and will be fitting in the fall/winter. :)

dules
08-23-2004, 11:02 AM
OK, now that COF is over I feel myself weakening looking at all of these cute pics, lol! Your DD is soooo cute in these outfits, and I love how the Naartjie pinafore goes with the striped sweater.

I think the puppy sweater and the button ruffle pants will come to live with us at some point. We have 3 Hanna chunky hoodies so am trying to hold off on the striped Gymbo one.

The kicker? I spent about $60 on 2 Gymbo orders this weekend (couple of basics, plus nabbed the EH twinset in 12-18 in case no one was able to find the cardigan for me in 18-24) but got no Gymbucks since it was split into 2 orders. If I had one Gymbuck burning a hole in my pocket, I'd definitely be in on one CAAB outfit.

Oh well, I am setting my sights on a new Hanna code...!

Best,
Mary

parkersmama
08-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Mary, I'm sure you'll get sucked in and end up with a Gymbuck after the Fox Trot line comes out! :)

mum to chloe
08-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi Denise!
Amy Grace looks adorable. I like everything you got but my very favourite on her is the plain green top!(weird, huh?) the colour looks amazing on her!!!
Sue :)