PDA

View Full Version : So... I went back to Gymbo today. Can you stand more pics?

urbanmama
08-21-2004, 10:06 PM
I went back to Gymboree today. I decided to return the hoodie sets for both girls and the skirt for the baby. There are so many other things in CAAB that I like and I can always find a hoodie set in a different line. Plus, I wasn't really sure about the hoodie sets anyway.

So, for the baby, I also bought the orange jumper, the brown polka dot pants and the brown coat. Here are some pics:

The "Cute as a Button" tee with the jeans. I forgot to take a picture with the sweater.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11669.jpg

The same outfit with the coat. I'm not sure if I'm keeping the coat.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11670.jpg

The dog sweater with the brown pants (yesterday I had it on with the jeans)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11671.jpg

Here she is in the orange jumper, striped sweater and tights:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11672.jpg

And a picture of the tights and sweater with a denim jumper (although I'd get another one). I know that Denise is thinking about doing the denim thing too. Which do you like better on my little one?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11673.jpg

And I also took pics of my older daughter in her new clothing. I'm FINALLY excited about some clothing for her. I LOVE what I bought today and have to share (even though she is not a baby).

First, I bought her the brown polka dot pants. They go with both the doggie tee and the blouse with the polka dot cuffs and collar. I LOVE this blouse. I think the polka dot accents are so cute. Gymboree suggests it with the orange jumper, but my DD CANNOT wear that color. So, although it probably works the best with a jumper, I think it looks okay with both the burgundy cord skirt and the brown pants. Do you agree or should I find another jumper for it?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11677.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11678.jpg

And I ended up buying that outfit from the Gap, plus another sweater. I really love those pants. They are SO cute. What do you think about the size of the pink sweater? Is it okay or should I size up?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11679.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11680.jpg

Thanks so much for looking and for your opinions!! Sorry to clog the board with pics of my girls, but I'm SOOOOO excited about CAAB and the new Gap stuff!!

Marie

ktdid74
08-21-2004, 10:12 PM
your girls are cuties! :) I really like the orange jumper on your younger one- very flattering! I love seeing all the real life pics of these outfits.

Mommyto3
08-21-2004, 10:47 PM
the third pic down of your little one in the dog sweater cracks me up!! She looks like she's thinking.."ENOUGH with the fashion show already!" LOL!!!

Anyway, I completely agree with you...I LOVE this line..and after I saw your pics last night, I headed over to Gymbo today, with my 5 year old..and she loved all of the button clothes and got soo excited! This is a great line..Gymbo really nailed it with this one! I got Ava some things too from it, the striped sweater and flare button print pants..the tee..dog sweater..etc. I am going to return more of my SF after today's purchases for Rachel.

Love the Gap outfit!! Too cute...the size looks good in the pic, but I usually size up on sweaters for layering. I also agree with you, and don't know if I love that cordoruy coat on your baby, it seems too old or something...it also looks kind of stiff and might be hard in the car seat?? I might get it for Rachel as a light fall coat, but I don't know.

Well, thanks for sharing again, and inspiring me to hop on the COF bandwagon and spend more $$!! LOL!

khakismom
08-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Marie, you always pick such great stuff! I love all the new pieces you bought. I really wanted that button cuff blouse for Kathleen too, but I really had to limit myself.

The Gap outfit is fabulous!! The brown pants could not be any cuter. And I'm really going to have to try to refrain from getting that sweater coat. I love it all!!

Your DDs are, as always, soooo adorable!

iluvmy2boys
08-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Yep, your girls are definitely Gymbo girls!! These pieces (in both of your posts) suit your girls so much better than the Naartjie did.

Love that gap outfit!

BTW - on your youngest DD, I think the outfit looks better with the orange jumper rather than the denim one. That shade of orange really looks great on her!

lrucci
08-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Marie,

I'm so glad that you finally found things that you are excited about. I know the whole Naartjie experience was kind of frustrating for you. Your girls look so precious. I really like the Gap outfit on her too. The sweater seems to fit her good now. I'm not sure how much difference there is between the next size up, but if it isn't a huge amount, then I'd go up a size just to get more wear out it. JMO

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

parkersmama
08-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Okay...my unbiased opinion (haven't read all the comments yet but will after typing this!)...

I love your younger dd in *everything*! Man, is she cute! Of the things you got today, the only one I'd think about taking back is the coat. For some reason, she seems a teensy bit overwhelmed by all that brown. The sweater, tees, jeans, and cords are all fabulous! I'm cracking up about you using the Naartjie jumper...did you see that I did the same thing?! LOL! I think the orange jumper is gorgeous on her but I like the denim one, too. The orange is good especially with the plain off-white t-neck (I ended up with the button print t-neck).

As for your older dd, it is all great!! The blouse is terrific and I love it with the pants. It would also look really good under a khaki or denim jumper. The brown dot pants are beautiful and look so great with the blouse and the doggie tee. And the Gap outfit is really great, too. I hope you won't kill me (*squirming*) but I think I might like the plain pink sweater better than the striped one (*duck*). :D I do really like the striped one, too, though!

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 12:51 AM
Joanne,

My DD was looking up at her daddy in that picture. It wasn't the most flattering pic, but I was just happy that she was standing still!!

I'm so glad that I could help you spend your money. LOL! Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a line. It sounds like you got some great things. Post pics!!

I'm returning a lot of my SF too. I like it, but I LOVE all of this.

I think you're right. I am going to size up in the pink sweater.

Thanks for your advice!

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Thanks!! I love everything too! I was actually not completely sure about the sweater coat, but I bought it because I can always return it, but I would be so mad if I decided I wanted it and it was gone.

I LOVE the Gap pants!! The mannequin in the store was wearing pink shoes with them. I was thinking about getting these shoes. Do you think that they are too impractical?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11703.jpg

You need to get that blouse for Kathleen! It is so cute!

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 12:57 AM
Jenn,

I agree. I wanted to try something new, but I think Gymbo is more our style.

Thanks for voting for which jumper you like better. I need more people to weigh in!!

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Yes, the Naartjie experience was frustrating, but I'm feeling much better now :-) .

Thanks for the compliments and the opinion on the sweater. I'm going to size up!!

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Thanks, Denise!! I'm much happier with the stuff I bought today than yesterday. I always seem to have to "tweak" my purchases. I am planning to return the coat. It is precious, but it doesn't seem to completely work for her.

So, do you vote for the orange jumper or the denim one?

Don't feel bad about the comment about the sweater coat. I wasn't 100% sold on it, but I didn't want to lose it by leaving it at the store. Even though that is what the Gap put with those pants, I actually bought the pink sweater to wear with the pants. I can't imagine DD walking around in that sweater coat all day. I was thinking that the sweater coat would be used more as a coat (although I'm not sure how that will work with the car seat). The colors in it go with so many of her new things. What do you think about it now that I've explained how I plan to use it?

Marie

khakismom
08-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Oh, I love the shoes. Get them, get them!! I saw them at Nordy's during their sale and really thought about breaking down and getting them. They are so cute!! And, I have to admit that I did get Kathleen a pair of the pink MJs from BabyGap. They go with a ton of Naartjie, but I am still unsure because they are SO PINK. I'm wondering if they scream "hey look at my feet--they're pink!"

Oh and my jumper vote is for the denim one--I think it looks more classic. The orange seems to be too much with the tights and sweater. Just my little humble opinion... :)

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Thanks, Katie!!

Samraelanelevi
08-22-2004, 01:14 AM
I have to say I love the orange jumper! In the stores I wasn't sure but it looks great on your little one! I also love the dog sweater-so sad it doesn't coem in big girl sizes :(

As for the brown coat-not a fan, sorry. Maybe it's just not my style. Now I love the GAP sweater coat and if worn as a fall jacket I think it'd be great. I too could not see my daughter wearing it all day. I purchased my 5 year old the gymboree sweater coat and plan to use it as a jacket.

I have been thinking about those same GAP pants for my 3 year old and after seeing them on I think I will be taking a trip tot he mall tomorrow!

Brenda

Imperia
08-22-2004, 06:51 AM
So sweet! What a great match with that Naartjie (it is Naartjie isn't it?) denim pinnie.

I Love the orange jumper on your little DD too!

Great pictures thanks for sharing.

Imperia

parkersmama
08-22-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm finding that I have to "tweak" as well. :) I'm a lot happier with the combo of day 1 & day 2 Gymbo shopping! LOL!

As for the orange jumper, I just don't know. She looks darling in the orange but it's much more limited. If you like to mix and match, I'd say a denim one would be better. I think the denim looks fabulous with the stripes. Which did *you* prefer? I'm second guessing that maybe I should have gotten the orange but I'm trying to hold firm. :)

About the Gap sweater coat, I can totally see it as more of a coat! It's really cute and she looks great in it! I just like the pink sweater better as an outfit. I think the sweater coat would make a great fall and spring jacket for her. As a matter of fact, I was wishing that Gymbo had the HAS striped sweater coat for baby girls.

heidi_timms
08-22-2004, 03:46 PM
I like just about everything on them. The striped combo with the orange jumper looks darling on your younger DD and the polka dot pants with the orange sweater. The cord jacket is cute, but looks a little bit overwhelming. I like all of your older DD's outfits too. I probably would size up on that pink sweater. It seems to fit her just right and might get outgrown quickly.

I stopped by Baby Gap yesterday and their stuff was TDF!!!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

vikivoly
08-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Marie,

Again, I LOVE it all. The CAAB jeans are so cute, my store only had one pair left when I went back today and they were, of course, not DD's size. I like the orange jumper better than the denim one, but it's not that I don't like the denim - the orange is just THAT cute. I'm in the minority (and actually glad, seeing as how I'll benefit), but I do like her in the brown cord coat.

Your older daughter is quite the model. :) She looks cute in everything. I think the button blouse looks nice with the cord pants and will also coordinate with the skirt. Did you end up returning the velour suit for both girls?

I think you made a wise choice buying both sweaters for the Gap outfit. They are both cute, but different enough to get a lot of wear out of them. She looks great!

BTW, I like how you took advantage of the window light in some of the pics of DD#2.

Good job!

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I think I'm going to get those shoes, Maureen. They are SOOOO cute. I'm so drawn to them. Wasn't I just complaining about how I couldn't find anything cute for my older DD? Well, I'm finding a ton now!! Of course a lot of it isn't on sale which bums me out...

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks, Brenda!!! I appreciate your comments and opinions.

Go get those Gap pants! They are so cute and really fit my DD well. It looks like they are selling fast.

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Yes, it is the Naartjie denim pinnie. I'm having such a hard time choosing between the denim jumper and the orange cord jumper. Decisions, decisions!!

Thanks for the compliments!

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 11:12 PM
I don't know, Denise. I'm torn about the jumpers. The orange looks so coordinated with the other pieces, but I also have the orange dog sweater so I'm not sure about having so much of that same color (is that wierd?).

It is also hard because the Naartjie pinnie is not what I'd actually use so I'm not getting a true assessment, kwim?

I agree-- I like the pink sweater with the pants better too!!

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Thanks, Heidi!! I agree about the cord coat. I decided not to keep it. And I am sizing up in my DD's sweater. I just ordered a larger one (I have a free shipping code so it saves me a trip to the mall!).

Marie

urbanmama
08-22-2004, 11:17 PM
Vicki,

Yes, I did end up returning the hoodie sets for both of the girls. I liked them, but there was so much else that I LOVED. I figure that there will likely be hoodie sets in later lines.

Thanks for the compliment on my picture-taking ability! I love taking pictures actually, but kids aren't the easiest targets!

Marie

Tori_s mom
08-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Your daughters are gorgeous! I like the orange jumper better than the denim (although the denim makes her eyes so very blue). I think the denim might appeal to me more without the sweater but with the tights.

I think the blouse on older DD looks great with the cord pants and would like cute with the cranberry skirt, too.

Tasha
SAHM to Tori 3/11/04

parkersmama
08-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Marie, I totally know what you mean about having the sweater and the jumper and that's honestly why I didn't get the jumper. I thought one outfit with that as the major color was enough for us. I love orange but I don't want it to be a staple color in her wardrobe. :)

mum to chloe
08-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi Marie!
Don't do it!!!!Both jumpers are perfect. I know you were going to return the Naartjie because you were thinking that the denim was a bit dark (I prefer the dark denim) - but it looks so good with the CAAB sweater!
The orange jumper looks lovely on your Dd, really suits her.
I'd keep them both.
Sue :)