PDA

View Full Version : Need help with NAARTJIE sizing!

ErinP
08-23-2004, 07:58 PM
My daughter is 3 and is VERY tall. She usually wears a 4 shirt/sweater/dress from Guymboree and Gap and pants are a little harder to find(usually 3 with and adjustable waist) because she has a small waist and long legs. What size do you suggest I buy? I'd like to order today! Thanks!
Erin

toomanystrollers
08-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Yikes, I don't know if I can help, but my Naartjie girl, Tess, is 5 1/2 years old. She's on the very tall side too.

For gymboree, she wears a size 8, top and bottom. For Naartjie, she wears a size 8 top and a size 7 bottom. I find the Naartjie tops and dresses run smaller and the pants run a little big. The Naartjie pants are roomy in the waist.

I found the Naartjie size chart pretty accurate for bottoms - go by your dd's height.

redgus
08-23-2004, 10:44 PM
erin,
i hope this is not too late. my daughter is the same way, she was three in april and measures 40.5 inches. naartjie size 5 pants are too loose in the waist, i would suggest you get size 4. tops in size 4 fit my dd just right, i am trying size 5. too bad you can't wait till friday. my sister is coming to visit from california and is bringing a sizable naartjie package. i'll let you know later.

riostoker
08-23-2004, 11:43 PM
My DD is a pretty solid size 4 right now in Gap/Gymboree. I've bought almost all 4's (tops and bottoms) in Naartjie, and those fit well. They are a bit big in the waist, but she is so skinny that every brand is big in the waist! I've gotten size 5 in a couple tops that are either short sleeved or 3/4 sleeve so I get a little extra length in the torso, but I don't have to worry about sleeves being too long.

The other thing to remember is that depending on the style, you may want to get the size 2/3 bottoms. I got the 2/3 in the Boho flower pants because the baby girl size has the little ruffle at the bottom. They are so much cuter than the big girl ones. They have extra diaper room, so they sag a bit between the legs, but they still look really cute and are definitely long enough. The baby girl stripe boho pants and the new butterfly corduroy pants are also ones that have a cute ruffle in the baby size, so you may want to consider size 2/3 if you're buying any of those.

ann

khakismom
08-24-2004, 12:03 AM
My Kathleen is also 3 and very tall and skinny. She also wears a 4 in Gymbo and Gap. I buy her size 4 pants and size 5 tops. (For reference, she is 41 inches tall and 33 lbs.) HTH!