PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Chicka Chick Romper DOES have leg snaps after all

nigele
08-23-2004, 09:01 PM
ETA: After Mary's comment below, I decided to call Hanna again to confirm that the romper does not have leg snaps. Well, wouldn't you know, the sample they have to look at does not have leg snaps but they told me the real things will definitely have leg snaps. (The original rep. I spoke with told me she would only use it for special ocassions since it would be a hassle without the leg snaps.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet... I called Hanna Customer Service to ask a few questions about the Chicka Chick romper. I was told the romper does not have leg snaps so you'd have to take the whole thing off for a diaper change. Oh, well, at least that's one less thing in my cart!

iluvmy2boys
08-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks for telling us! I won't get it if that's the case. I really like the jacket, but from what everyone is telling me, it's not really something I need (not that we need another coat/jacket anyways). I think I'll pass on the chicka chick stuff and get the turtlesuits to go with our love a bug stuff and the love a bug pocket pants we don't have and then the barnyard rprint zipper as well as the bold striped romper.

nigele
08-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Which color romper are you getting? I'm thinking of getting the green. I'm also biting the bullet and ordering the striped bug pants as well as some turtlesuits to go with it and the love a bug ult. blue pants we already have. I'm also getting the barnyard zipper!

iluvmy2boys
08-23-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm getting the blue one, though I'm debating whether or not I want both.... I'm just not sure how that other green will look on Holden but I can try it and if i don't like it, send it back LOL

I'd rather have all the love a bug stuff than bits of pieces of different lines.. I figure next year if Holden doesn't fit in this stuff again, I can sell it all for a pretty penny on ebay since it'll be a complete set!

ktdid74
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I didn't even see the barnyard zipper till you mentioned it! I need the catalog to come so I can have it all in front of me :) Great, just what I need, something else in my over-full Hanna cart! It's so cute!

dules
08-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Are you sure? It says it does on the web site description:

"A flock of cheerful chicks is out pecking with friends on richly embroidered corduroy, which is actually just an overlay to a comfy cotton jersey one-piece suit. Has the look of separates with the ease of a romper. Finished with mini-striped cuffs, leg snaps, back zip & buttons. Cotton. Prewashed. Imported."

Making a romper like this without leg snaps seems ridiculous.

Best,
Mary

stillplayswithbarbies
08-24-2004, 12:24 PM
maybe only the smaller sizes have the snaps?

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

parkersmama
08-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Well, whose dumb idea was that? Grrr...

Mommyto3
08-24-2004, 02:39 PM
chicka chicka romper...and she assured me that it does have leg snaps for diaper changes?!?!? She didn't ask me to specify which size I was ordering, so I can only assume that all sizes in this romper do have the leg snaps. At any rate, I did order it, so I can report back and let you all know!

westchicagomom
08-25-2004, 03:47 AM
The snaps are through the middle but not on the ends/cuffs, so you have to pull the legs out to change, I guess. I have an outfit like this and I can't manage to change her diaper w/o taking the whole thing off. Maybe this romper will have more room to maneuver the legs out.

That said - this outfit is TOTALLY adorable IRL. I would *almost* pay full price for it (and I never pay full price for DD's clothes). It is a must have.

The chicka jumper is cute, but IMO, the romper is cuter. IMO the orange turtle suit underneath doesn't look as good as the barn red or irish moss - it just seems too bright. The chicka jacket is very thin and a bit rough on the inside - don't think it looks as good IRL as on-line.

The other thing I love from the new line is the fleece warm-up suit. It is so soft and cuddly - may be a must have if it goes on sale later in the year.