PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie order has finally arrived - Opinions Needed

lrucci
08-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Well after waiting two weeks for my order to arrive, it finally showed up yesterday. YEAH!!! Long story made short - First it never got mailed, then once it did it was misplaced by the wonderful USPS somewhere in CA.

I can not keep all of this, since I just placed another order so I could get my free shipping. I need your help. Please let me know what you think.

Sorry some of the pictures aren't too clear. I was chasing her around with the camera, and once she stopped, I would snap - but of course she'd move. As always, your opinions are greatly appreciated.

TIA

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11916.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11917.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11918.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11919.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11920.jpg

I'm trying to figure which pants/leggings to pair with the Boho dress.

Boho striped pants - the pic is dark, and because the dress is long you don't see much of the pants

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11922.jpg

Boho flower pant
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11923.jpg

Bell Pant w/ Linen Loom
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11924.jpg
OR

Essential Leggings
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11925.jpg

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

heidi_timms
08-25-2004, 02:36 AM
Kyleigh looks adorable in her Naartjie!

Here are my pics:
1. jean pinnie outfit
2. Rosie outfit-essentials top/flower pants
3. Clot outfit-dress with leggings
4. Pop outfit with leggings/3/4 sleeve shirt
6. Raspberry dress with striped leggings

I say no on the boho hoodie dress because of the short sleeves. It's definitely adorable and I'm not sure where you live, but the seasons will be changing where I live. Also, I love the raspberry striped leggings with the dress. It mixes and matches prints and I think it's adorable (well I'm biased because we have this outfit).

If you had to cut from the list above, I would cut the clot. Your DD looks pretty in the pinks and reds. The blues are still adorable, but the pinks and reds are my favs!

HTH!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

khakismom
08-25-2004, 02:38 AM
Lisa, I can't believe how big she is getting!! Kyleigh is such a cutie and looks adorable in her new duds! And it's amazing--every color looks great on her too!

OK, favorite outfit? #4. What is it about pop--it looks so great on everyone! That outfit is so cute. Definitely a keeper. I love the clot on her too, with her coloring it seems like a really rich creamy color. With the raspbery Boho dress, my vote is for the boho striped pants over all the others. And the rosie set is so cute too--I haven't been a fan of those pants but I *really* like them on your DD!

If it were me, my sendbacks would be all the raspberry stuff--the dress and all the bottoms--and the denim pinnie. (I know I'm the minority on that one :o, everyone here loves it, but I've always thought that it looks kind of sloppy. I'm not a fan of the pinnie--maybe it's the way it's cut or the funky stitching .)

Be sure and let us know what you decide!

Buffys Mommy
08-25-2004, 03:38 AM
I have to agree with Maureen that #4 (the Pop outfit) looks incredible on her. We have those pants. I may need to head back to VF for that shirt. We have the hooded dress and I have paired it with a pair of denim shorts and with the boho striped pants. I also tried on the pinnie over the hooded dress and pants and liked that as well but it's still a little too warm here to pull that off. I think Heidi makes a good point though. If your not in a warm weather area, will you be able to wear that dress for much longer? Although, could you wear it over the pop essentials tee? We may have to try that layering combo here.

I really like her in the Rosie outfit. I also love that color on Sarah and I think they have similar coloring from the pictures I've seen. That outfit would also probably look really cute with the denim pinnie.

With the Raspberry dress, my favorite pants from the pictures are the flower pants. However, did you order more Raspberry items? If so, I would keep whichever pant set goes with the most items, since they are all cute.

If I had to return items, I would probably return the Clot dress (it's just not calling me like the other outfits), the extra raspberry pants and possibly the hooded dress depending on your climate (although I personally love it on Kyleigh). But a lot will also depend on your next order. Didn't you say that you were getting some Seawash? I think that Seawash will look great on Kyleigh based on what I've seen of it in the store.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

audreywindsor
08-25-2004, 05:00 AM
Hi, there! I vote for #4 first, and then #2. They are cute, different, girly, and also more classic. I think it is a matter of personal preference, though. I'm not into the dress with pants look, or the oversized jersey cotton dress look, but they are both popular, with lots of fans on here (I'm new today, and have been checking out all the cute pics!).

parkersmama
08-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Kyleigh is adorable!! She is so cute in this stuff!

My favorite on her is the pop essentials top & striped pants. She looks great in red! Did you try those pants with the pinnie & top? Might be cute too. I also really like the rosie outfit. As for the raspberry, my #1 choice is the dress with the striped pants. #2 would be the dress with the solid leggings. I don't really care for the dress with the flowered pants (not enough contrast).

To send back: I don't like the clot dress...she seems washed out in it. And although I love the pop hooded dress, I'd send it back since you probably don't need more s/s right now. And then, I'd send back all the pants that you don't choose for the raspberry dress. :)

HTH!

pamela mom of 3
08-25-2004, 09:40 AM
<the denim pinnie. (I know I'm the minority on that one , everyone here loves it, but I've always thought that it looks kind of sloppy. I'm not a fan of the pinnie--maybe it's the way it's cut or the funky stitching .)>

No, i agree with you, for some reason i am not fond of the shaping/cut around the bottom ;)

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Love the first outfit. That denim pinnie is so adorable on and it's vesatile too. Keep it!!

The rosie top and floral bottoms, take it or leave it. It does look cute on her, but it's not my fave.

I really love that clot dress, but I'm biased. I just got that one in the mail and love it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pop color on her. MUST keep that!! If you are debating a piece of the pop to get rid of, I like the pants and top more than the hooded dress.

My pick for the raspberry dress is the bell pant with linen loom.

AvasMama
08-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Lisa,
Kyleigh is just gorgeous in everything! We must have similar taste b/c in addition to the new J&J stuff we both got, we have almost the exact same Naartjie :)

Denim pinnie: LOVE this. We have it too and I just ordered the pop leggings to put under it.

Rosie set: Have this too. Rosie looks gorgeous on K. I also got the Boho dress in Rosie so we could mix & match with the pants.

Clot dress: Got this and sent it back for the same reason I am going to suggest you return it. It just doesn't look as amazing on K as the brighter colors do.

Pop set: Have this, love it on K too :)

Boho hoodie dress: We have this in raspberry but we live in the South and she can get several months wear out of it. If you live somewhere cooler (OH, I am thinking?), then maybe return it or exchange for a size K can wear in the spring.

Raspberry dress & pant options: I like them all pretty equally, but if I were going to return some, I would probably send back the stripe and flower pants since you have those in other colors.

What is coming in your new order??

Robyn & Ava

friedmana1
08-25-2004, 11:51 AM
She is getting so big! Like everyone else said, keep the pop stuff, rosie outfit (although I don't like the neon pink letter on the essentials shirt - we got the short sleeve flower shirt and the rosie Linen loon cardigan instead), and the rasp dress with striped pants. Then you can wear the rasp pants with the pop essentials shirt! :)

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

dules
08-25-2004, 12:08 PM
First, she is sooo cute. I can't wait to get my next order - have the striped dress in Seawash coming.

OK, I would keep the Pop and Raspberry items (maybe just one pair of raspberry pants, and that depends on how long you want her to wear them - the stripe ones will be capris in a few months (!) whereas the bell pant has a little more room to grow in length). My reasoning is that the Pop and Raspberry stuff coordinates well, so you can mix and match. You'd be stuck with the same outfits for the Rosie and Clot pieces (unless you order more of those, lol, as I think both colors are cute on your dd).

All that said, I do like the Rosie outfit a lot too.

I guess I am no help at all, but I'm right there with you, have a box on my living room sofa with the "returns" in it, and every night I switch what's in the box!

Best,
Mary

mum to chloe
08-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi Lisa!
She's adorable! I ordered a lot of the same things you did (and mine was also MIA-now on the way over here).
I love the denim jumper on her, and really like the outfit in Pop.
She looks great in the Raspberry dress with plain leggings or llpants.
She looks great in that Rosie outfit.
I really like the Pop dress on...without any pants underneath.
I'd send back the striped rasp. pants, the flowered rasp. pants, and the clot outfit.
And I'd get the boho striped top in Pop to go with the pants and with the
jumper.
HTH!
Sue :)

lrucci
08-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Thank you for your compliments and opinions. Most of what you said was kind of what I was thinking. This is what I have decided for now. It could change the more I think about it.

I'm definitely keeping the pop outfit and the denim jumper. I will probably keep the raspberry dress and the striped pants (and possibly the linen loom - to go with the flutter plaid dress I just ordered).

I am going to return the raspberry flower pants, the leggings, and the clot dress. I was disappointed when I put this dress on. I really like the colors in it, but it didn't do much for me when I put in on.

Now for my dilemmas:
1.Heidi brought up a good point about the striped dress. I live in NoVA so it's only going to be warm here for another month or so. However, the dress is really big on her right now, though you really can't tell from the picture. I really like this dress, so I may keep it and wear it some now and hope it will fit in the spring. OR I could try it in the next size up. SIGH!!! I wish I knew how much she is going to grow. So far she is growing slowly, so I'm guessing that will continue.

2. I like the rosie color on Kyleigh. Pink has always been one of my favorite colors on her, that's why I ordered this. My issue is with the neon pink trim. I just don't care too much for it on the pink shirt, and there is no neon pink on the pants. (The pop color hides it well, so it doesn't bother me on that shirt.) I just don't know if I can get past that (I know I have this weird thing about colors matching). Therefore this outfit may be going back.

Any other opinions would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again girls!!!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

lrucci
08-25-2004, 05:15 PM
>We must have similar
>taste b/c in addition to the new J&J stuff we both got, we
>have almost the exact same Naartjie :)

That's why I think we could do some serious damage in the stores when you move to NoVa. We'd talk each other into buying, instead of putting back on the rack.

>What is coming in your new order??

I ordered the seawash outfit the little girl is wearing on the website (the shirt and plaid pants). I also ordered the shirt in butter, zu cords, the plaid dress in flutter (but I'm thinking I should have gotten a smaller size now), all over butterfly pants in flutter (not sure how that will look with the dress, but the girls at the store suggested it). I can't wait to see Ava in her new stuff when it arrives.

BTW how big is she?

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

AvasMama
08-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Can't wait to see your new order once it arrives! Why did I think you lived in OH? LOL! I remember now you mentioned you were in VA -- I am so sleep-deprived these days I can't remember anything!! :)

Robyn & Ava

jamierush
08-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Wow she is darling in all of teh outfits. She has very similar coloring to my daughter.

I liked #2 and LOVED #4, but now that I go back and look, after you mentioned it, I am not a fan of the neon (on #2). With that said, I still like the look and I am not a huge pink fan. :)

I love that Boho dress with the flowerpants, but I think you said you were sending them back.

Good Luck!

friedmana1
08-25-2004, 08:29 PM
I hated the neon pink trim when leah tried on this combo too- see my post above...

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

cinrein
08-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Lisa,

Kyleigh is one beautiful baby girl!

Could you wear one of the essentials tops under the striped dress? I've never seen the dress IRL so I'm not sure if layering a long-sleeved top under it would work.

I know what you mean about the neon pink trim on the rosie stuff. We got the essentials pants in rosie and I had no idea it would have that neon trim.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

ktdid74
08-26-2004, 08:50 AM
She looks so cute in everything! I love #4 and #2- I don't mind the trim at all! I would love to order those outfits but I've been hesitant since you have to actually make a call- I'm not sure exactly what to tell them. Maybe I'll get brave soon and do it! Your pics are great--