PDA

View Full Version : Green Toggle Coat from Gymbo

Marisa6826
08-25-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm normally not a Gymbo fan, but I'm really loving this coat. It's from their Hide and Seek line.

Is it warm enough for a winter coat for Sophie? We had a Zoo Pals jacket for last year, but I'm pretty sure the 70 isn't going to still fit her. According to the manager at the Westchester HA, they're not coming out with any other winter coats this year - only buntings.

What do you think?

-m

Marisa6826
08-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Nobody's seen this coat IRL???

-m

vpalmer
08-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Marissa,

I have seen the coat IRL and I think it is adorable. We actually bought the brown cord coat, mostly because I thought it was more versatile for Eva's winter wardrobe. Regarding your question about it being warm enough, I think it depends on where you live. We live in the south and I am intending on using this coat as Eva's winter jacket. Since you live in the NE, I would imagine that you might be able to get some use out of this coat, but you might need a heavier coat for super cold days. Although keep in mind, I am no expert on New York weather, I grew up in CA and now live in the south!

Veronica
Mom to Eva

kthomp
08-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Hi Marissa,

I've seen the coat IRL. I thought it was adorable, such a pretty green color. The cord material is nice and soft. I don't know if you know this, but where the toggle attaches to the coat, there is a little mushroom. Just so you know, I know some people don't like that sort of thing.

It felt pretty warm to me, but I just looked at it briefly. I don't know if I would use in all winter (I'm from Mass.) It didn't seem heavy enough for use on really cold days and I definitely wouldn't use it in the snow.

HTH, I'm sorry I don't have more info for you. I should be at the mall again tomorrow or Thursday, I'll take a closer look at it.