PDA

View Full Version : New Naartjie-more pics!

parkersmama
08-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Our Naartjie box arrived today...yipee!!! I love everything but want your opinions. The sizes are my big concern. Everything is an 18-24 except the flutter cords which are a 12-18. :)

Woven top in raspberry with raspberry plaid capris:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12020.jpg

Plaid dress in flutter with raspberry plaid capris (and signing "Daddy"):

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12021.jpg

Plaid dress in flutter with flutter cords:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12022.jpg

Add the raspberry cord jacket to that outfit!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12023.jpg

I really like everything. I love the colors. For some reason the flutter seems darker in my pics than IRL. It is truly more like the pics that Robyn posted...a bright, pretty orange. The woven top is almost as long as a dress! But the sleeves aren't really that long. The plaid dress is quite long, too, but same thing...the sleeves aren't that long. I guess it's supposed to be a long dress. The fit is baggy on these items but not necessarily in a way that I don't like. I guess if I keep these sizes, at least they will fit all winter which will be nice. The jacket is terrific! It is a nice soft, thick corduroy lined with a knit butterfly fabric. It has a hood and snaps up the front. It is a good medium weight...about like a fleece jacket.

khakismom
08-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Love it all! Keep it all!

What wonderful colors on Amy Grace. And don't you just LOVE that woven top?! I got my big box yesterday (but got home late so didn't have time to post pics) and the woven top is my FAVE. I ended up ordering it in three colors with the striped leggings, I love it so much! I even got one for--GASP--Ellen! ;)

And the flutter color is fabulous, just perfect for fall! And that raspberry jacket is so cute. Good for you for mixing and matching the different colors!

supersparkee
08-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Denise - I just LOVE those colors and they look great on Amy Grace. Keep it all! The dresses are baggy but look like they are supposed to be baggy - they don't look too big. They really look like they are sized to be layered with other items.

Do you think the jacket weight is heavy enough for winter here in GA? I want something warm but not too bulky for winter.

AvasMama
08-26-2004, 08:13 PM
I like everything a lot. I like the flutter dress on AG much better than I liked it on Ava. And the plaid pants *do* look like capris on AG! On Ava, they were knee-length. Do you think there are two versions??

The cords look great with the dress! If I end up reordering at some point, I think I'll copy you :) As for sizing, I think I might keep the butterfly top/dress and size down in the flutter dress -- the sleeves look like they might be too long, but it's hard to tell in the pics. The cord jacket is def. cute! I would get that if we didn't already have several jackets for the fall.

Robyn & Ava

Buffys Mommy
08-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Denise,

I think she looks ADORABLE in those pics. The outfits look big (not in a bad way), but as you said they will fit all winter. That is how I'm buying Sarah's stuff in the new line. I really like her in the Rapsberry Woven top but the flutter looks fabulous on her too.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

jk3
08-26-2004, 08:59 PM
She is the cutest! Love the outfits + love the bright colors!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

parkersmama
08-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Thanks! I think this is the jacket she will wear the most during the winter. It's a nice weight...not too heavy but not too light either. It doesn't have any fleece or insulation, though. I have a heavier jacket that I got last year at Gymbo's end of winter sale that I got for $7.99. I hate to pay too much for a heavy jacket for her since they only get worn a few times. The boys wear their heavier jackets more often since they play outside during the winter. So, I think she'll wear it all winter but on the coldest days, she'll wear the other one. Not sure that I'm really helping! Sorry!

parkersmama
08-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Did you size down in the plaid pants? I have been buying almost all other Naartjie winter pants in the smaller size but these I bought in her regular winter size instead of sizing down. They fit fine in the waist and it made them longer.

I *love* the cords! They are soft and will be nice and cozy. They have the cute little butterfly on the side, but of course you can't see it under the dress. I'm already dreaming of another outfit to do so I can get her another pair of the cords! LOL!

heidi_timms
08-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Okay, everything look adorable on AG! I really want some of that flutter color, it's soooo pretty. The sizing looks good-big and cozy. The cords are my favorite and I **must** have a cord jacket. I'll probably get them for under a dress and then for another outfit. I'm still waiting to see all of the new Naartjie combos.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

lrucci
08-26-2004, 11:54 PM
AG looks awesome in those colors. I love the outfits you put together.

As far as sizes go, everything seems to fit good. The dress does seem a bit big, you might want to call the store and find out the difference between 18 -24 and 12-18. If the 12-18 isn't too much smaller, you may want to size down. OR -- keep it and she'll be able to wear it for a while. I really like the cord jacket. DH would kill me if I bought another jacket though.

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

AvasMama
08-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Well, I wasn't going to re-order but then last night I was packing up my returns and DH asked why the flutter dress was going back. I told him it was too big and we didn't really need it and he said "but I really like that one!"

So... I am placing another order when they open today. Flutter plaid dress in 3-6 with flutter cords and the woven butterfly top in raspberry with raspberry cords. I already have the raspberry essentials leggings so I can see which I like better. I am still not sure about the butterflies in fall, but the pics of AG and Maureen's Kathleen convinced me to at least try it.

Thanks for the pics! They really helped me figure out what else to get.

Robyn & Ava

cinrein
08-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Oh everything is so cute on Amy Grace! I love the flutter dress and cords. Now I want one for Anna too!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

urbanmama
08-29-2004, 03:14 AM
More great pics of Amy Grace!! She looks beautiful in everything. I think if I ever decide to give Naartjie another chance I'm just going to have you and Maureen do my ordering for me. I think I'll have much better luck that way!!

Marie

parkersmama
08-29-2004, 07:23 PM
LOL! Of course, we would be *happy* to order for you!! I love to shop vicariously! :D