PDA

View Full Version : Another Hanna Question for a Newborn

Jen516
08-27-2004, 12:18 PM
I am also due in Nov (11/5) and was thinking of getting a fleecy zip-up suit for the winter.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C2%7C1%7C156%7C2%7C7%7C%7C

I live in PA -- it gets quite cold here starting in Nov through March. Is this something that you think I will need/use throughout the winter? I will have a snuggli (sp?) for the infant seat, so will I need this too?

Also, the cost is super high. $62? Is that outragous? It seems high to me, but I have no experience buying infant clothing. Is it worth the price? Alternative suggestions?

Thanks!

Jen
EDD 11/5/04 with our first, a son!

jk3
08-27-2004, 12:28 PM
We used a Bundle Me with the carseat but still needed a fleece outfit. LAst year my son wore a navy one from Lands End. The HA one is cute-especially the colors on the inside-but you might want to checkout the selection at Lands End or LL Bean. The Lands End one lasted a long time + might even fit early this winter since initially my DS wore it withe mitten flaps and feet flaps that now fold over to allow for growth.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Jen, I am debating getting a Hanna fleece for my baby too. Although, I am looking at the other one that is $54 in Dusk Purple.
http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Style/27340_L28.jpg

I don't want to pay full price though. There is a 20% off code out right now that would bring the one I want to 43.20, which I can stomach for something that I KNOW we will use every day this Fall/Winter. Winter here in Germany is supposed to be comparable to PA. BTW, where are you in PA? I grew up in Bethlehem and went to college in Pittsburgh. My DH is from Harrisburg.

I'm really holding out for a possible bigger discount code too. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Others have suggested the Lands End or LL Bean buntings too. REI.com has one for infants as well.

Jen516
08-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey Kerry! I live right outside of Philadelphia, near King of Prussia (if you are familiar with that area) in Montgomery County.

I was looking at the same one as you but I just love the inside striping on the other one!

Where did you get your 20% discount code? That would make it a little easier to buy!

Jen

ps. There is a cute one from lands end for $40. It has coverings for the feet which is probably a good idea (since these are uncovered) but I still like this one better! ;)

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-27-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm going to have to go down through the pages here to find the code, unless someone can beat me to it and post the code.

I know King of Prussia. I actually only went to the very cool K of P mall for the first time this past March. My Aunt lives in New Hope (Bucks County) and on our way from her house to Harrisburg, we stopped at K of P. GREAT shopping there.

I do like the striping in the other fleece, but I wouldn't want to get Andy the navy one and I think I'd get sick of the orange color. Okay, let me go try to find that code for you.

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Code #31W20

momathome
08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Jen - what town do you live in? We are in Spring City in Chester County, about 20 minutes from K of P - we live at that mall!

whittyanne
08-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Okay how completely random is it that I was on here and saw this post from you!! :O

You should talk to Susan - she LOVES Hanna stuff and has a lot of jackets for Connor that are from there.

I bought Nate a few warm suits like that - one that's so cute that is that Zutano(?) brand and we hardly used anything... I had one winter jacket from Gymboree that we put on him a few times but most of the time I just used the Bundle Me (it's SO much easier) with blankets.

shishamo
08-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi,

I personally think $62 is a bit high, although I do love the color scheme for the hanna warm-up suit this year (they have this same style every year-just different color). I have a red one from a few years back that I loved, and if I remember correctly, It was reversible (even though it was not advertized that way) and I could use both stripy side or the solid side, which was fun.

On the other hand, the ones from lands end with a flip-up mittens and botties (so that you don't have to bother with the mittens/booties) are easier to use, just as warm, and cheaper. I had both. I personally liked the hanna one better just because I liked the way it looked, but my DH liked the lands end one better ecause of ease of use.

Both of these worked great in NYC winter (I added Bundle Me for the stroller), so it should work in PA. You also need these anyway if you are doing baby bjorn or some other type of baby carrier, not a sling.

Jen516
08-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Whit -- how funny and bizarre! It is a small world, even online! LOL

Lauren -- I live in Plymouth Meeting, about 10 min from KOP. Love shopping there too!

I am having a hard decision with this purchase so maybe I will just procrastinate another couple weeks until I find a good coupon code or find something in a store. $62 less the 20% coupon (plus shipping) is still a lot of money!

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Jen

AdoptChina
08-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Jen
I wouldn't buy the fleece suit from Hanna....its not super cute and it is pricey. We've been using the Lands End ones. You also can find different brands at the mall etc that cost less than $62. You may even just want a fleece coat and then the car seat cover (Lands End or Bundle Me).
:)
Susan

daniele_ut
08-27-2004, 06:37 PM
We got one from Lands End overstocks for just 24.50. It was a cute blue stripe pattern, but htey are out of stock on that one now.

Here is the link to the overstocks that they do have, but alas, no 0-3 mos anymore:

http://tinyurl.com/4hwql

Here is the link to the full priced one, still a bargain compared to the Hanna at $39.50

http://tinyurl.com/6n3r9

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Ohhh, that is a bargain. Fleece is fleece, right? Thanks for pointing those out.

karin4
08-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Jen and Kerry--
You might try giving a few of the hanna outlets a call. I was at the Lake Oswego one today and they had a few of last year's fleece buntings for a LOT less-- $25, I think? Maybe $24 or $26, but something like that. HTH!

anutalp
08-28-2004, 12:21 AM
I just ordered one from Hanna - Fleecy Shearling Bunting: 27340 in sea sky blue (but size 80, the only one they have). I have the same one in 50 and I LOVE it! My DS was born in the beginning of March and I live in WI so I really needed it. Now they only have it in size 50 in warm khaki and pearl and it's $42 but with 20% code it will be only $33.60 so not so far from LE but IMO you can't compare quality of Hanna to anything.
I was considering ebaying mine (size 50) but I just love it so much so maybe I should leave it for my next one :)

manda7_23
08-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Hi we have the exact same due date! I just wanted to say that i have bought several fleece/buntings off of ebay and gotten them much cheaper, i only buy them nwt and i have had no problem finding hi quality ones there. Good Luck! p.s. we live in Alaska so we are definetely expecting the cold, i also got a bundle me for the car seat.

Amanda