PDA

View Full Version : Kittery Outlet--went to sale yesterday

BlissTwin
08-28-2004, 10:20 AM
And it was awful. There was very little there and the prices were actually higher than they were earlier in the summer. For example, I bought irregular (can't find the imperfections) jeepers creepers for $5 a month or so ago, not they are between $11-15. All the zippers, except for the torquoise and blue one, were still $24-26.

When I asked whether or not there had been a better selection earlier in the day the salewoman said "no" and that she did not understand why the sale had been hyped. Definitely not worth the trip.

kthomp
08-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the info!

Now I won't feel so guilty about not getting to go!

Marisa6826
08-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I called the Kittery store the other day and they had nothing I was looking for :(.

-m

karin4
08-28-2004, 01:22 PM
I went to the Lake Oswego (Oregon) outlet yesterday. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised-- usually, I don't think the outlet sales are all that great, certainly not worth a special trip. Yesterday wasn't spectacular by any means, but there were good buys, mostly in the irregulars (I couldn't find the imperfections, either), which they had a lot more of than usual. I got a zipper for $17, and they had a number of styles in the $15-18 range (long johns, too). And I picked up the eyelet-trimmed short sleeve creeper for $10 and the matching bloomers for $9-- very excited about these!

That's all I got, but they had most of this summer's jeepers in stock, not irregulars, for $12, and snapsuits in yellow and aqua (I think?) for $8. I've *never* seen the jeepers for $5-- that was a really great deal, and definitely not typical outlet prices. There weren't many wiggle pants around, and the prices ranged depending on how recent they were-- some that were from 2 years ago were $9 (very few of these), others were $14, etc.

Still some hippity hop pants around (I only saw turquois and red, but didn't look too hard), still at $10. Lots of the matching ringer tees. Lots of the bunny sweaters. Lots of elefanten sandals and some of the black patent leather primigi boots from last winter ant good prices (around $28, i think). Women's stuff was definitely not as cheap as the last sale a month or whenever ago-- things were still tagged the same amount as then, but they were no longer an additional 50% off. Too bad, because they had restocked, and there were some things I'd have grabbed at 50% off.

HTH someone. If anyone's wondering about any specific item, feel free to ask-- I wandered around the store, kid-less!, for nearly an hour.

kfcboston
08-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Yup, I blew through there about 9:15 this morning, and nothing floated my boat. I was a little bummed. So Pam - you didn't miss anything!! :)