PDA

View Full Version : This can't be typical for Hanna, can it?

steph01
08-28-2004, 09:40 PM
After posting last week on how much I loved my new Hannas, I noticed today that the seam on my new Jeeper Creeper (that my son has worn only TWICE) is coming undone at the arm. It has a hole I could fit my pinky through! How can this be, I wash gentle cycle with cold water, and dry on low. Has anyone else had this problem with their Hannas? And how do returns work with Hanna, do I have to pay shipping for a new item (if I even want one?)

Thanks,

kalebsmama
08-28-2004, 09:51 PM
I had one shirt that had some stitching around the neck coming out. I called CS and they sent me a new one along with a postage paid label to return the defective one with. DS had worn the shirt quite a few times over a couple of months, but they didn't give me any trouble about returning it - all at their cost.

etwahl
08-28-2004, 10:06 PM
just call them and they will most definitely send you a new one and will pay for return shipping. it happened to me once and they promptly fixed it. it's the only time it's ever happened and i have a lot of hanna stuff.

ethansmom
08-28-2004, 10:07 PM
I'll be curious to hear others' responses since I've been meaning to post this for quite a while. In our case, I found a hole right in the middle of the thigh of a pair of cargo pants after the initial wash - not even worn. Then, I noticed the snaps on his Happy Stripe Shirt had the beginnings of tears next to them after about 3 wears. I was so upset this week when I found a run type of tear extending from the crotch seam in his opposite stripes outfit. Again, only worn 3 or 4 times. I follow the washing instructions and have NEVER found a hole or tear in any of DS' other clothes - even Target stuff. I'm wondering if the really soft fabric (2 of the pieces were the Pima Cotton ribknit?) just isn't as strong?

Hanna is fantastic about accepting returns, but in each case, I can't exchange because they are sold out. I LOVED the opposite stripe set and don't care to pay more for the current set when I don't care for it as much. :-(

Part of me feels it must be something I'm doing wrong since I only hear raves about their quality.

dules
08-28-2004, 11:00 PM
If they are sold out, can't they offer you a replacement item in what they DO have? Doesn't seem you should have to pay more, esp since you have not used these items much. Or do you not like the new colors?

Best,
Mary

pixiepoo
08-28-2004, 11:14 PM
I would definitely call. For as much as Hanna costs you shouldn't have to worry about holes, runs, etc. Maybe Hanna is beginning to focus on quantity instead of quality.
Heather

teddy
08-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Not sure about which opposite striped set you have, but I saw a bunch at the Michigan City, IN outlet this past weekend. Maybe you can call them and see if it's the same one?