PDA

View Full Version : Halloween idea, what do you think?

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-29-2004, 06:37 PM
So I came up with a fun idea for Halloween. My boys LOVE Toy Story and I thought about doing Buzz and Woody for them. Gymbo has that bunting costume for infants that is a green alien and I could make Andie a green alien, like the little green men in Toy Story. I think it would be so cute, but I'm trying to decide if I will regret not dressing her up as something girly for her first halloween. It's not like she'd care at all and it would be a nice furry, warm costume for her. The boys would get a huge kick out of it. The only thing holding me back is a small part of me that wants her to be in a cute, girly costume. What do you gals think?

iluvmy2boys
08-29-2004, 07:21 PM
I think that would be absolutely ADORABLE Kerry!! it'll be nice and warm for her and it'll match the theme with her brothers. I bet they would totally love it (Huey and Quinn that is). Maybe ask them and see what they say?

Maybe do the beagle dog costume and she can be the dog, slinky?

ktdid74
08-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I think it's a great idea! I didn't even dress DD up on her first Halloween- only bought her a Halloween shirt and socks. This year she has the pig- still not girly... maybe next year :) It's just too cold here for something light weight and frilly. Can't wait to see pics if you do it!

Buffys Mommy
08-29-2004, 10:09 PM
What a fabulous idea! I think the whole theme is fantastic - but then again I love Toy Story. I understand wanting to do something girly, but you will have years to do that. It will be nice for her to have a warm costume, and as you said the boys will love it.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

Samraelanelevi
08-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Great idea! Of course there are many great theme ideas you could use. Like Monsters Inc, Mike, Sully, and Boo! When she's older, Woody, Buzz and Jessie. Peter Pan, Captian hook and tinkerbell (very cute even for a baby!). Pooh, Tigger and piglet. Well that's all I can think of right now. I do think that she'd make the cutest alien I've ever seen! If you do choose these costumes make sure we get to see pics!

suribear
08-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Do it!! Trust me, she will *insist* on girly stuff when she's older. This is your chance to do with her as you please on Halloween ;)
Kris

parkersmama
08-30-2004, 09:20 AM
I think it's a really cute idea! I don't know if you'll regret it or not. Hard to say. She will be adorable in anything! :)

Last year, we did Cpt Hook, Peter Pan, and Tinkerbell. I'm hoping that this year we'll be doing Little Red Riding Hood, the Big Bad Wolf, and the Woodsman. :) Here's a pic from last year! (sorry it's so blurry!)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12230.jpg

steph2003
08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
I think it will be adorable! I love it when moms do "matching theme" costumes for their kiddos! Like another poster said when she is older she will insist on all things girly.

My DS is going as a giraffe & my DH as "Jack Hanna" ie a zoo keeper :)

I can't wait to see everyone's Halloween pics in the upcoming months!

LoveMyBabyBeans
08-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Oh my gosh, they are SO cute. I really think I am going to go with my idea. Like I said, Andie won't protest. LOL! Thanks for your opinions.

mom2kandj
08-30-2004, 03:35 PM
She could be Little Bo Peep! :P

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02