PDA

View Full Version : My induction interferes with Gymbo redemption!

vikivoly
09-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Well, my induction is scheduled for September 30th. I'll have to go into the hospital on the evening of the 29th. What about my 4 GYMBUCKS?! If the holiday line isn't put out until the 30th I won't even be able to fill my basket online and have someone place my order. I wonder how long the store would be willing to hold my order. I could at least pick out the pieces I still want from the current line if they would be willing to hold it for at least a few days. Maybe my babiest first stop before home will have to be at Gymboree. :) (Yes, I do realize I have a problem.) I think between the popularity of the CAAB line and the COF sale, there are plenty of Gymbuck holders just waiting for the 30th. When does the redemption period end? Let's just pray I don't need a C-section. I wouldn't want my daughters' wardrobes to suffer. :)

kijip
09-21-2004, 09:56 PM
LOL! Good luck with delivery and the winter stock-up!

kensjen
09-22-2004, 12:28 AM
LOL LOL

Maybe you should change your induction...LOL :)

JElaineB
09-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Well, good luck with the induction! The hospital where I delieverd totally redid their maternity wing this year (moved to it a new wing actually) and they now have computers hooked up to the internet in all the postpartum rooms so you can spread the joy to family and friends via the internet! However if you're in a labor room I don't think you get internet access. That would be a good idea though - some inductions and labors can take a while, so why not let the moms-to-be do a little surfing while waiting?! :)

I also have a similar quandry. We're leaving on an 8 am flight on Sept 30 to go to my sister's wedding and we won't be getting back until late Sun Oct 3. I have to work about 12 hours on Mondays so I definitely won't be doing any shopping until at least Tuesday. I can probably get on a computer and do an online order over the weekend though, if I really want to (but I hate to pay shipping). I think I'll end up just waiting until later in the redemption period and take what I can get.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

deliasmommy
09-22-2004, 12:43 AM
>When does the redemption
>period end? Let's just pray I don't need a C-section. I
>wouldn't want my daughters' wardrobes to suffer.

:)
Septermber 30 to OCtober 11th.
I know at our store, we're actually scheduled to put out the last Holiday Line (PnP) on the 28th and 29th. That might help.

Hope you get lots of goodies (besides the baby, of course!)

heidi_timms
09-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Dilemas...I am pretty crazy that I would probably be stressing about the same thing!!!

This may sounds weird, but I would talk to the store manager see what she can work out with your Gymbucks. Or maybe they will let you go in on the 29th and hold it for a few days or charge your account o the 30th and then you can pick up your stuff at a later date? Surely they couldn't turn down a preggo customer-LOL!!! I think that the holiday stuff is supposed to appear online a few days before the 30th, but I'm not sure. I thought that I read it somewhere on Gymbohaven.

I just thought of something. Usually Gymbuck redemption online starts at midnight PST on the 29th/30th. You could shop in the morning before you leave???

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Imperia
09-22-2004, 06:09 AM
I can't believe your new baby is due SO soon! I am not sure what kind of advice I can offer for the gymbucks, except to shop online BEFORE you go to the hospital, then you can mail in your gymbucks for your refund or have a friend redeem them for you...

Good luck and I can't wait to hear all about the new little one.

Imperia

brubeck
09-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Can't you get free shipping if you use the Gymboree Visa?

JElaineB
09-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Hmmm...I don't have the Gymboree Visa. I didnt' know that was a perk. I will have to take that into consideration!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

tigalig
09-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Vicki, I think your store should be able to hold your items (including ones you have not seen yet IRL and just want to check out) until you are able to visit the store. My store is very flexible that way and I can't imagine that your store would be less flexible, considering your circumstances. Maybe you should consider going and visiting the manager and explaining your dilemma and see how she responds.

Also, do you know anyone with a notebook computer? lol.

Good luck!

Katied
09-23-2004, 10:35 AM
I had something similar happen. In June I was induced during some sale during gymbucks earning. I had my gymboree cart full and was so dissapointed that I would miss the sale :) Dh being the great guy he is went on to the Gymboree website found my cart and printed out the list and went to gymboree and got my stuff. I was very surprised and impressed!
GoodLuck and easy labor vibes to you!

kransden
09-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Here is what I would do. Talk to the store manager. She should be understanding. You can either give her your gymbucks and your visa # and have her ring everything the next day when the sales start and you pick it up in a few days. OR put everything on hold and call your visa in the next day and when you pick up your purchases bring in your gymbucks. My store is very good about stuff like that.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

vpalmer
09-23-2004, 11:35 PM
First of all, congratulations on having a date for your induction. It won't be long now! You are not going to believe this, but I also have a similar conflict this time with Gymbucks. No, I am not having a baby; but I am having my wisdom teeth removed on the 30th. Since I have been on vacation I have been in Gymboree THREE times and the SA told me that they were getting the holiday line on Tuesday. I know there is a preview on the 30th but she acted like I could come and put stuff on hold on Wednesday like usual. (This was before she found out I was not local.) My thought is even if the stores hold back the holiday line until the 30th, the website will definitely post it the day before.

Congrats again!

Veronica
Mom to Eva

urbanmama
09-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Wow, Vicki! You must be sooo excited!!

I would definitely think that your Gymboree should be able to help you out. This is definitely an extenuating circumstance!! If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know!

BTW, you never posted a pic of G in her CAAB coat. I'm still waiting patiently!

Marie