PDA

View Full Version : Kathleen in her Hanna Flower Box dress

khakismom
09-24-2004, 12:31 AM
I got my box of goodies from Hanna today--didn't have time to put the Chicka jumper on Ellen, but Kathleen was a willing model tonite.

Here she is in the Flower Box dress with the garden pink tights. I ordered another dress with the pumpkin tights, so the pumpkin tights will be another option. Overall, I love the dress--all the little details plus the styling and color of it. I do like the pink tights with it, but I am thinking I may get the india red ones too. Looking at them on the website I thought it might be too much red, but now I'm not so sure.

Please ignore the shoes she is wearing. We know she will wear her nice black MJs, but those aren't them (see the lovely scuffs on the front? :))

What do you think? Keep the pink tights?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13522.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13523.jpg

urbanmama
09-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Kathleen is just gorgeous, as always. I love the dress on her (I ordered it for DD#1 too-- I hope I love it as much on her). Is the material nice?

I'm not sure about the pink tights. I think the tights go great with the dress, but I'm not sure if they go as well with the black shoes. I'm thinking that with black shoes, the red tights might look better.

Post pics of Ellen in the Chicka Chick dress tomorrow!! I want to see!

Marie

khakismom
09-24-2004, 12:43 AM
>I'm thinking that with black shoes, the red
>tights might look better.

See that's what I'm thinking too!

I think I will check her closet to see if the pink ones match anything else. If so, keep them and order the red ones. If not, return them and order the red ones.

As always, thanks for your kind words about Kathleen! :)

kthomp
09-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Maureen,

She looks adorable! I love the dress!

I think I would go with the red tights, they seem more fall/winter-ish than pink, IMO. But I like the pink ones too!

Again, adorable as always! She is such a pretty little girl!

macassi
09-24-2004, 01:46 AM
I think you should keep the pink tights for spring and get the red tights for fall/winter.

jec2
09-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Cutie! Love that hair. And, her tights match her wall :)

heidi_timms
09-24-2004, 02:20 AM
Kathleen looks so adorable in her new dress! This dress is the only thing from Hanna that I'm drooling over. The pink tights definitely match, but the red would go a bit better.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

sugarsnappea
09-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Maureen,

Thanks for posting these pics. This dress looks perfect on Kathleen. I can't wait to order it for JG. I like the pink tights a lot. They work well with Kathleen's skin coloring. I think the pumpkin ones will look good too. :)

dules
09-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks for posting - I was hoping to see this dress on a real model! Kathleen is adorable as always, and I really like the colors of the dress on her.

I think I'd prefer the pumpkin or red for Fall/Winter, but as Spring approaches you might really like the pink - they give the dress a different look.

Sorry, no help if you were hoping to return them, lol!

Best,
Mary

P.S. Can't wait to see the Chick A Chick jumper. I posted pics of Sophie in the romper last night...now am wondering if I should have ordered the jumper instead!

houseof3boys
09-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Just adorable!!!!! What a great model she is too. :)

LoveMyBabyBeans
09-24-2004, 09:03 AM
LOL at that coy look in the first picture. She's cute and she knows it! She looks SWEE-EET in this dress. I love it on her. There is something very "playful" about Kathleen when I see her in the pics you share and this dress screams, "look at me! I'm a playful girly girl." It's perfect on her. I like the pink tights with this, but you can't go wrong with the red either. Love this!! I want some Ellen pics, especially in her Chicka jumper.

bluej
09-24-2004, 09:28 AM
I so love that dress! I wanted it for Alex but she didn't like it or anything else in the Hanna catalog. My Hanna days for her seem to be over ;(

It's just an adorable dress and I think the pink tights look fine, but the red would probably look better. So cute!

steph2003
09-24-2004, 10:00 AM
I like the pink tights! But then I'm a girly girl at heart :) I think the pink would be great for next spring & if you get the red it would look awesome for the fall!

erzzie
09-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Oooh I'm so glad I ordered that dress! It's absolutely beautiful on her. Totally fun and little girl! I love the pink, I like the red too. I'm no help at all. I'm going to go crazy waiting until November to get it off backorder!

Does anyone have any experience with Hanna backorder? Do the items on backorder ever come earlier than when they originally say? Is it worth hoping?? Hehe, impatient!

JenCA
09-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Gorgeous! Definitely keep the pink tights. Kathleen is always such a willing (and absolutely adorable) model!

I HAVE to see Ellen in the Chicka Chick jumper, so be sure to post a pic when she's feeling cooperative! ;)

**Edited to correct excessive use of exclamation points, which I found too irritating to ignore. :)

Samraelanelevi
09-24-2004, 11:26 AM
What a sweetheart! Love her hair! The dress is beautiful but I agree about the tights-orange or red would be better.

UUGGGHHHHH You guys have to quit posting pics of all the cute clothes out there! And on such cute kids the pics make me want to buy more!!! LOL

"I need to quit shopping"
"I need to quit shopping"

Just keep telling myself that!

pamela mom of 3
09-24-2004, 12:11 PM
She's lovely as usual ;)

Um, i'm thiking i'd like to see it with red or orange tights....

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://lilypie.com/baby4/010103/0/5/3/-6/.png

smomom
09-24-2004, 12:38 PM
I was just looking at my Hanna catalog again last night and thought that dress would be perfect for Kathleen. She looks beautiful as always.

I like the pink tights, but orange could be nice too.

I can't wait to see Ellen's pics!

egoldber
09-24-2004, 12:43 PM
She's gorgeous!

I like the pink, but I think I prefer it with the red. I think the red tights make the dress really pop, but thats me.

What size did you get? Have you washed it yet? I got Sarah a 100 and was scared when I opened the box. It was HUGE! But I have now washed it and it shrank considerably, so I feel OK about it now!

heidis2girls
09-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Kathleen is adorable! I like the pink tights, but I prefer the red. I don't have my models with me this morning (and they weren't cooperative yesterday!), but here are pictures of the dresses and tights that I just ordered - The Flower Box dress with the red tights and the Flower Bright dress with the violet tights.

I know the pictures aren't the greatest and it's hard to tell without actual bodies in the dresses and tights, but hopefully this will give you an idea of the colors. The pictures don't do the dresses justice, they are so beautiful and the colors are gorgeous. I'll try to get pictures of them on my girls later.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13559.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13560.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13561.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13562.jpg

khakismom
09-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all the sweet compliments ladies! Kathleen loved this dress when she tried it on, and even DH said--"what a great fall dress!" :)

I am definitely getting the red tights, and returning the pink ones. I do like the pink color, but it didn't go with anything else in her closet and I figured I've got the pumpkin ones too coming. So they are going back to be replaced by the india red. I hope they work better!

Beth, this dress is size 100 and it fits her really well. But I am really scared to wash it now! I don't mind shrinkage in the length, but as you can see, she doesn't need any shrinkage in the arms--not with her monkey arms (like her mommy ;)) I think I'll wash it in cold and dry it on low/no heat.

Thanks again everyone!

khakismom
09-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Heidi, thank you for posting these pictures! The red tights definitely pop with the Flower Box dress, and are a much better match than the pink IMO.

And WOW, the colors in that Flower Bright dress are gorgeous! Can't wait to see these on your girls. :)

parkersmama
09-24-2004, 01:10 PM
She is sooo cute! Kathleen looks terrific in that dress! I love the dress and I'm so glad that I got one. :) But, now I'm wonder if I made the wrong decision on the pink tights. argh. Maybe they'll look good with the red shoes? We have some pink shoes (but not hot pink...a little paler than the pink tights) so maybe I could do the red tights with the pink shoes? Help!

jpang
09-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi, Maureen,

Kathleen looks just adorable in that dress-- one of the cutest Hanna pieces this season, I think.

I'll leave the color of the tights question to others, since I don't have a strong feeling about it one way or another.

Thanks for posting pics of your lovely DD.

Tori_s mom
09-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Kathleen is so beautiful! And I love her hair. I'm glad you're going with the red. I think that works better than the pink. Now I can't wait to see Ellen in the Chicka jumper.... :)

Tasha

lrucci
09-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Kathleen looks so adorable in her new dress. I love this dress, loved it in the catalog and love it even more on her. You know it's a keeper when your dh makes such a positive comment. :)

She needs to be a model, she is a natural.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

mharling
09-25-2004, 12:09 AM
Every time I see Kathleen I can't get over how cute she is! And she's a great model, as always. :) I would get the india red tights for fall.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2