PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of winter coats - I need help!

arcoe
09-24-2004, 08:36 PM
I bought a coat last year on mega sale ($12) for this winter from Osh Kosh, and it doesn't fit. It is too tight in the tummy, and huge everywhere else. The thing is that DD is a peanut, but has an adorable round tummy. As a result, it is hard for me to find a coat with a good fit.

I have sorted out that coats that have a fitted waist are not going to work (eg I bought her the LL bean warm up parka and the Gymboree 6-1 jacket - and have the same problem of the coat being snug in the stomach, and falling off of her everywhere else). So does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of trying the LL Bean colorblock jacket (pic below)- but I'm not sure if it will be warm enough. Does anyone have this? I live in New Jersey, so it does get quite chilly in the heart of winter.

I do have a fleece jacket and fleece bunting from LL Bean, but I feel like a need something heavier.

Any thoughts??

TIA!!
Robin
Mom to Lexy (2)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13589.jpg

momathome
09-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Have you tried the Lands End Squall? This has a straight cut and isn't gathered at the waist - I had one last year for Kasey and we loved it. A lot of the Hanna winter coats have a looser cut, too. Good luck on your search!

arcoe
09-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. I picked up another coat today at Osh Kosh, and I'm going to order the Squall as well. I'm going to decide between the two once I have them side by side. If only I could have bought one at the end of last season on sale...oh well.