PDA

View Full Version : Tom's new Hannas

nigele
09-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Our Hanna order arrived and Tom was a willing model today! I love the rompers but the size 90s are just enormous. I really want them to last throughout the winter so I'm afraid to size down. He's just outgrowing his summer rompers in 80 so I think it would be a mistake to exchange his new rompers for 80s. What do you think?

I didn't like the green very much when I first opened the package but it is really growing on me.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13591.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13592.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13593.jpg

Can you believe this turtlesuit had a hole in it? I'll have to exchange it... I wasn't so sure I liked it until Tom saw the bugs and started pointing to each one and saying "octopus." :-)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13594.jpg

These are the comfort cords. I like them - they are really soft and he'll be able to wear them a while since there is about four inches of fabric rolled up!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13595.jpg

iluvmy2boys
09-24-2004, 09:44 PM
That 3rd pic from the top is TOO freaking cute!!! What a doll (err. handsome lad!)

He looks SOOO Sweet, but you're right, those rompers are super long on him! I bet he goes through a spurt soon though and will fit into his clothes better.

Soooo soo cute!! BTW - did you get your zippers?

bluej
09-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Tom is too cute! Love that sweet smile of his! Looks like the cords are something that you'll definitely get your money's worth. I'll have to look into those. What size did you get in those? Everything is adorable of course.

nigele
09-24-2004, 09:52 PM
:-) Thanks! I love that pic, too!

I just can't believe how big the rompers are. I had them laying on my bed and was shocked that I was going to try to fit those enormous things on my little guy!

I did get the zippers, thanks! :-) They are adorable and are in perfect condition!! I meant to ask you what kind of fabric softener you use. Our zippers are soft but yours were like heaven!!!

iluvmy2boys
09-24-2004, 09:54 PM
I use ultra snuggle, the scent is emerald green.

I use the liquid in the wash AND the dryer sheets in the dryer (if I don't, we get lots of static, and if I don't use the liquid, the clothes aren't nearly so soft)

LOVE snuggle, any scent but we're hooked on the emerald green for now!

http://www.snuggle.com/3_products_emerald.asp

Do you think you'll be able to get the stain out of the LOAL zipper?

BTW - I didn't like the green when I first seen it and was planning to send it back but now that I look at the picture of Holden in it a lot, I like it more and more!

kthomp
09-24-2004, 09:56 PM
He is adorable! So cute, he really brightened my day.

If there's one thing I know about Hannas, it's that they will shrink! Wash and dry them and try them on him again. I bet you they will fit him better. If they are still huge, you can send them back for 80's.

I love the clothes!

kfcboston
09-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Lisa -

TOO CUTE!! Random question for you - what happened to Tom's glasses?

nigele
09-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm running straight out to buy Ultra Snuggle! :-)

I'll work on the stain but it is pretty faint - it took me a while to locate it, LOL!

I know what you mean about looking at the pic of the green romper. I'm doing the same and it keeps growing on me. Here's another shot of the romper - I think the green collar looks really sweet next to Tom's blond hair!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13596.jpg

nigele
09-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the compliment! Tom refuses to wear his glasses when he's not wearing his eye patch (stubborn toddler behavior!) He only wears his patch 6-8 hours a day so he gets a self-prescribed break from both for a period each day. I just happened to catch him in a great mood for photos during his "break!" :-)

iluvmy2boys
09-24-2004, 10:14 PM
I do agree, the green does look very sweet next to Tom's blonde hair! I love that pose of him TOO stinking cute!! (btw I just realized Holden would moose over Tom, hehehe, do you mind if I ask how big he is?)

But I have to admit, that blue is my favorite on him!

LOL about having to FIND the stain! To me, it seemed pretty obvious, but then again, I knew exactly where it was. And really laughing about the fab softener.. I've actually also used the pure & gentle fab softener snuggle makes and it works just as well and is very gentle on sensitive skin (if any of you are) and it smells DIVINELY!

nigele
09-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Tom is about 34" tall and 24 pounds...a bit of a peanut! He's right on the border of size 80 and 90.

I actually stopped using fabric softener when Tom was born since he had sensitive skin. I'll give the pure and gentle a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-24-2004, 10:30 PM
He has grown so much!!!!
HOnestly I wonder if I would have recognized him, I jsut love that third picture and that little spirk (I think that is avatar material)!
Cute Hannas but he'd look adorable in a papersack...too sweet and so GLAD that you shared!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 1/05

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

lrucci
09-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Lisa,

Oh, Tom is adorable. I love love love that third picture. He really looks great in blues and greens.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

mharling
09-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Lisa -
I completely agree that the rompers are sized very big. Lane is about 31 inches and 23 pounds and I am keeping the 80 for him. I actually like the green better on Tom than I did when I held it up to Lane. Of course, though, I'm still partial to the blue. It is just stunning him!! :) I can't believe how much he has changed!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

urbanmama
09-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Lisa,

Tom is such a cutie! I love seeing the pictures of the little guys (I'm rather fascinated by them since I only have a sister AND I only have daughters and nieces).

I think he looks great in everything! Both the blue and green rompers look amazing on him.

Marie

khakismom
09-25-2004, 01:41 AM
Oh my goodness, what a little sweetie pie!! He looks adorable in his new duds. So cute! I love, love, love all the rompers on these little guys. Just perfect!

LoveMyBabyBeans
09-25-2004, 06:00 PM
I really like the green romper on Tom! My fave though is the love a bug turtle suit with the khaki colored cords. I love that expression n him (the close up in the blue romper). He's a doll.

smomom
09-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Those pictures are adorable! He is an absolute doll. I love all of the clothes on him. I may have to break down and order a romper for Sage. Tom makes it look really tempting. Which color do you like the best? Sage and Tom have similar coloring, so I was curious what your favorite is IRL. I love them both, but could only get one.

btw... what size are his pants? (both the cords and the love a bugs) They look great on him too. The khaki cords look awesome with the bug t-neck.

thanks so much for sharing the pics!

nigele
09-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Dana,

Thanks for the compliments! I like the blue best and it looks really sweet with Tom's coloring. Tom had a green striped romper this summer (not Hanna) that I absolutely loved so I decided he needed a green winter romper as well! It looks really sweet with his blonde hair. Did you see the photo I posted near the center of this page?

His pants, as well as the rompers, are both size 90.

HTH!

Joshuasmommy
09-25-2004, 11:57 PM
I wasnt' sure about the green bold striped romper but after seeing it on both Tom and Holden I think we are going to have to get it.

JenCA
09-26-2004, 12:02 AM
What a cutie pie! I love the comfort cords with the love a bug turtlesuit. Too, too cute. :)

iluvmy2boys
09-26-2004, 12:02 AM
You know, it'd be so cool if all of us moms could get together with our kids in their matching/coordinating outfits!!!

pritchettzoo
09-26-2004, 12:04 AM
He's so big now! Oh my gosh! You need a new avatar for your handsome little man. :)

If I ever have a little boy, at least Hanna will have cute clothes for him.

Anna

Melanie
09-26-2004, 02:59 AM
Tom is just adorable! Have you tried washing any of the items on hot? If they say "warm" a CS told me that European warm is more like American hot.

I think I might get those comfort cords. I ordered the side-zip pants and the waist is so teeny tiny that I ordered the 100s and it was still tight! Everything else he wears 90 pants.

parkersmama
09-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Lisa, Tom is sooo darling! I love all the outfits but especially the blue romper and the bug pants/bug turtlesuit! So cute. I bet that those rompers are supposed to shrink some...can you tell from the tag?

iluvmy2boys
09-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I thought the rompers would shrink too (I was actually worried about shrinkage) and they haven't yet! (the blue one has been washed twice, the green one, once). Now it could be because of the way I wash (wash w/ cold water on delicate and dry on low heat for delicate items).

nigele
09-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, I took Melanie's advice and washed one of the rompers on hot to see if it would shrink and it only shrunk minimally. Oh, well. I'm keeping the rompers anyway!