PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Gymbo Little Cowboy sweater would be good for portraits?

deborah_r
09-27-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure if it is better to go with clothes that have less pattern or design on them? But I just love that sweater, and I kind of justified the $20 I spent on it by thinking I would use it for portraits...

Edit...trying to add a link to the sweater...it is not on the Gymbo site anymore...
http://www.gymbohaven.com/04cowb30.jpg

slknight
09-27-2004, 03:06 PM
What color is it IRL? It looks white from here, but I'm guessing it could also be a light blue or something. I think it's really cute, but think that white can look really washed out in a portrait, although it depends on where you have the pics done and his coloring. From the pics I've seen of him, he's got darker hair so he might be ok in it. I know that I would look washed out.

deborah_r
09-27-2004, 03:07 PM
It's a really pale blue.

jk3
09-27-2004, 05:59 PM
I think it would work for portraits. My DS wore this sweater when we were on vacation earlier in the summer + it photographs well + we are no pros! It's a rare adorable Gymboree find for a boy!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jec2
09-27-2004, 07:04 PM
1st, I LOVE that sweater. Finn has it too although he hasn't yet worn it. I think it should work fine. The cowboy isn't "too" distracting and the light blue of it makes it a nice neutral. My friend, who is an amateur photog, suggests grey/grey tones. White, black, and navy often yield too much contrast between the skin and the fabric.

parkersmama
09-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Deborah, I think it would make an *adorable* picture! It's such a cute, classic boy's sweater. I love it! Do you have matching brown cords or maybe jeans? Too cute!

deborah_r
09-28-2004, 01:51 AM
I also bought the Junior Cowboy denim overalls, and I was wondering can you put a sweater over overalls? Because then the print at the bottom of the pant legs (on the cuff) would also have the cowboy theme print...I've been considering returning those, I haven't decided. I paid $16 for them, but thought I was getting another 20% off, which didn't happen (long story, another thread)

I have some brown cords I just got, I think they are from 5th Fleet, but I'm not sure. I can't find them on their site anymore. They have two big pockets on the knees with velcro closure - I think they are adorable, but I never particularly noticed them before. But I'm worried they might be a shade too light.

iluvmy2boys
09-28-2004, 09:22 AM
You can put a sweater over overalls, who would know first of all?! LOL

I think it'd be really cute!

parkersmama
09-28-2004, 09:57 AM
I agree with Jenn...a sweater over overalls would be fine! It would just look like cute jeans! It might be a bit bulky to do all the time but definitely would work for pictures.